How to install Windows 7 on Lenovo Ideapad 3 14IML05?

aiden99

I want to install Windows 7 on my laptop, but when I go to install it, the mouse doesn't work, and when I get to the "where do you want to install" screen, I get a "Missing driver" error.

hardware specs:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 6405U @ 2.40GHz

4GB ram

Intel UHD graphics

128GB NVMe SSD

You need to slipstream USB 3 drivers along with the nvme hotfix so that it can read,install and boot off of your ssd. I recommend using NTlite to do the needful.

10 hours ago, aiden99 said:

Where would I find those?

There is no specific place, you need to scavenge for ms updates im sure you can find them. i would suggest checking winraid.

Edited by burd

• 2 weeks later...

You would need the Nvme hotfix plus an Nvme driver. Win-raid should have you covered for that.

As for USB 3, the ones from Intel most likely won't work anymore, so you would need to find custom-made drivers. If you search Google, you might even be able to find an ISO that is updated to 2020 and has all this built-in. This would save you a whole bunch of time as all you would have to do is burn it to the USB drive using Rufus and install away.

25 minutes ago, Sergiaws said:

I'm wondering if there are alternatives to NTLite. However, I'll research it too, maybe I'll find something interesting.

There is Winreducerex, RT 7 Lite

You could always download ALL of the drivers and slipstream ALL of them - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/3-series/ideapad-3-14iml05/81wa/downloads/driver-list/

Then when you install, it only uses the drivers that are needed.

Once up and running, I prefer to use "DriverGrabber" ( https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/drivergrabber.html ) and slipstream what it collects.  

On 4/29/2022 at 8:16 PM, burd said:

You need to slipstream USB 3 drivers along with the nvme hotfix so that it can read,install and boot off of your ssd. I recommend using NTlite to do the needful.

I slipstreamed the drivers and then booted into the USB, it didn't work, so I rebooted out of it and my SSD had disk errors.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:47 PM, aiden99 said:

I slipstreamed the drivers and then booted into the USB, it didn't work, so I rebooted out of it and my SSD had disk errors.

Aah, i just noticed your laptop was considerably newer like mine (11th gen). This is probably due to acpi.sys, one would need to patch it and replace it in boot.wim and install.wim. You would also need something like UEFISeven since the UEFI doesnt support CSM. This is what i did to get it running on my MSI GP76 Leopard 11UG.