Folder Fun

justacruzr2

On 4/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Hit the "PrtScn" button on your keyboard while the Task Manager "Processes" tab is open

ALT-Print Screen only captures the active window :)

4 hours ago, MikeyV said:

ALT-Print Screen only captures the active window :)

Thanks but what I meant was that I didn't know that the max file size you can put in a post is 512K here.  These were a little over 1 meg so I have to resize them so the file size is smaller.  And I just finished doing that online.  Pictures are below this reply.

4 hours ago, justacruzr2 said:

Didn't know the max file size for files was 512k.  I'm going to have to downsize them at home tonight.  I'll try again tomorrow.

OK here they are.  Couldn't get the whole thing in one shot due to number of processes.

Processes_1.jpg.b2e96618688b02ab6a65b83ae5d7b1ab.jpg

Processes_2.jpg.d374a9e4a3d10a5c3b3f18e400dea9e2.jpg

dmadmin.exe is the "Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service" and this should have a startup type of "manual" and doesn't run under normal usage, it should only be running when configuring a drive or partition or when a new drive is detected.

If this is running "all the time", I would suspect this to be your issue.

Could also be a side effect to "Windows File Protection" but I think we can rule it out because you don't have sfc.exe running.

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

dmadmin.exe is the "Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service" and this should have a startup type of "manual" and doesn't run under normal usage, it should only be running when configuring a drive or partition or when a new drive is detected.

If this is running "all the time", I would suspect this to be your issue.

Could also be a side effect to "Windows File Protection" but I think we can rule it out because you don't have sfc.exe running.

Thought the same thing too so I checked my other XP on my other computer and its running there too.  I'm going to change it to manual anyway and see what happens.  Could be 2 different behaviors because the computers are different.