12 hours ago, feodor2 said:

May it help winxp sp2 user too?

I do not think that, because this update is for the 2000 SP4 only, it is up to it to be as XP SP3 in compatibility level, and also some of api's from Vista .

maybe @blackwingcat can help you ask him in his blog : http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/2022586.html , i think maybe XP sp2 has missed api

Edited by windows2

1 hour ago, feodor2 said:

I think 78 is not needed already

Oh, that's sad, because from what I remember last year, it was your plan to port version 78 and 91 (maybe at least 78, if 91 would be too much work for you) to XP (correct me on this though, but I remember seeing that), but I respect your decision, and I am still grateful for all your work.

I'm still thankful with version 68 in any case.

6 hours ago, windows2 said:

I do not think that, because this update is for the 2000 SP4 only, it is up to it to be as XP SP3 in compatibility level, and also some of api's from Vista .

maybe @blackwingcat can help you ask him in his blog : http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/2022586.html , i think maybe XP sp2 has missed api

Windows XP SP2 has both functions(NtWaitForKeyedEvent,  NtReleaseKeyedEvent )  :3

I think there is no need to backport Firefox ESR versions newer than 78 for XP/Server 2003, as feodor2 said (more problems like inability to use single processes [multi-process are just for 2010s PCs and no one with them uses XP], no Flash Player support past v85). Even Firefox 102ESR-based web browsers (FX102 released in 2022!) doesn't have much better JS compatibility than 78 (tested on Waterfox G5, open.fm does not render correctly with it, unlike Opera GX or other chromium based browsers). I hope in future, MyPal 68 will have gradually better compatibility with 2021+ Javascript codes. So if you expected Proton UI on XP, it's unlikely to happen.

Edited by BW134

13 hours ago, feodor2 said:

I think 78 is not needed already

What presumably @feodor2 means by this statement is the fact that the JavaScript engine has already reached the level of version 78, and thus a port to this version is no longer necessary.

Furthermore, I think that preserving the single-process mode is of utmost interest so that the browser runs stable and well on older systems. upp.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, BW134 said:

I think there is no need to backport Firefox ESR versions newer than 78 for XP/Server 2003, as feodor2 said (more problems like inability to use single processes [multi-process are just for 2010s PCs and no one with them uses XP], no Flash Player support past v85). Even Firefox 102ESR-based web browsers (FX102 released in 2022!) doesn't have much better JS compatibility than 78 (tested on Waterfox G5, open.fm does not render correctly with it, unlike Opera GX or other chromium based browsers).

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the explanation.

@feodor2 Your new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0 is really great.:thumbup In Germany, there are two email providers that I've been using for a long time: WEB.DE and GMX. Both services did not work from the beginning with their full web interfaces in Mypal 68. But in your third, new pre-release of Mypal 68.13.0, they work perfectly, such as they should do. :cheerleader: Thank you so much! :worship:

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 6/2/2023 at 4:41 AM, BW134 said:

[multi-process are just for 2010s PCs and no one with them uses XP]

XP_5950X_NVMe.png

You're kinda right though, I don't use XP, no GPU or USB drivers.

On 6/2/2023 at 5:42 AM, AstroSkipper said:

What presumably @feodor2 means by this statement is the fact that the JavaScript engine has already reached the level of version 78, and thus a port to this version is no longer necessary.

At first I wasn't so sure about the idea, but thinking about it, having the 68 style UI with the 78 engine is actually pretty nice. Might try using this on my PC with 8.1 to see how it fares with the sites I use.

Cant install ublock origin on new version. Recomend me compatible add on for blocking.

And integrate flash player plugin. Will be useful for some old games and old content. :worship:

Edited by dimo70

13 hours ago, K4sum1 said:

You're kinda right though, I don't use XP, no GPU or USB drivers.

At first I wasn't so sure about the idea, but thinking about it, having the 68 style UI with the 78 engine is actually pretty nice. Might try using this on my PC with 8.1 to see how it fares with the sites I use.

Exactly, but I would want an x64 build for that purpose.  This is what I've always wanted in a browser otherwise.

People who get bsod please check these settings

layers.mlgpu.enabled = false
layers.omtp.enabled = false
browser.tabs.unloadOnLowMemory = true

After resolve bsod error i shall try build x64. Also 78 is not the last version shall continue further to upgrade javascript

glad to know @feodor2 is healthy and kicking as it's our only last hope when it comes to web browsers survival

if @roytam1 can't keep up with his UXP based browsers hopefully someone else @basilisk-dev could fork the Mypal68 project or bring further improvements to it.

Edited by Milkinis

latest mypal on XP SP3, with GTX 960 latest driver, BSOD on youtube with hardware acceleration enabled on my system.
Not sure if this is helpful.

==================================================
Dump File : Mini061423-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/14/2023 10:16:27 PM
Bug Check String : KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000008e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0xbf84ad8a
Parameter 3 : 0xb333ea74
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : win32k.sys
Caused By Address : win32k.sys+4ad8a
File Description : Multi-User Win32 Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 5.1.2600.7684 (xpsp_sp3_qfe_escrow.190320-1710)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : win32k.sys+4ad8a
Stack Address 1 : win32k.sys+4ae5e
Stack Address 2 : win32k.sys+10d70
Stack Address 3 : win32k.sys+1116f
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini061423-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
Dump File Size : 90,112
Dump File Time : 6/14/2023 10:17:06 PM

Filename : ntoskrnl.exe
Address In Stack : ntoskrnl.exe+32e67cf0
From Address : 0x804d7000
To Address : 0x806e5000
Size : 0x0020e000
Time Stamp : 0x5b994292
Time String : 9/12/2018 12:45:06 PM
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
File Description : NT Kernel & System
File Version : 5.1.2600.7649 (xpsp_sp3_qfe.190108-0655)
Company : Microsoft Corporation
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Edited by Destro