<OT>
Yeah, I'm back and never intended to leave just needed a little break to clear the cobwebs and be a little less sensitive to certain threads and postings especially in the off topic. 

<OT>

Edited by XPerceniol

On 2/24/2023 at 8:51 AM, RamonUn said:

Also a new release by Feodor2 just 14 hours ago. MyPal68.13 nightly build

https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/160

It is supposedly even less stable but has better JS engine, I suggest to check it out.

Ok and okay!

So, I have been testing all day with the new MyPal and I've not run into the same issues I read from others on github; but I also don't frequent that site unless I'm having issues and looking to others for help. Thus far ... seems to be fine but I disable a lot as my hardware isn't capable even if I wanted it to attempt to try such.

Working well and will keep both 68.12.5b and the previous version and use this browser with regularity now.

-Mister Blobfish :)

PS:

"Better JS Engine? Just curious on what this means - thank you in advance.

Edited by XPerceniol

23 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

"Better JS Engine? Just curious on what this means - thank you in advance.

I believe what this means is that improvements were made to the JavaScript core compared to the 'stable' Mypal68. If I was reading what Feodor wrote correctly, 68.13 improves it to Firefox 76 standards, which seems to mean improved nullish coalescing & optional chaining implementations along with other important back-end upgrades.
Of course, I could be completely wrong on this one, but that's what I got out of it.

Oh, sorry, I almost missed your reply as I'm not checking my notifications enough, thank you for the explanation. Frankly, I surprised there aren't more of us reporting in the forum about this browser. Everything is working just fine for me anyway. 

On 3/22/2023 at 1:38 AM, cmccaff1 said:

I believe what this means is that improvements were made to the JavaScript core compared to the 'stable' Mypal68.

Yes, you are right, javascript engine at the 76 level. The goal is 78-79 level, left not so much to do.

27 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

Yes, you are right, javascript engine at the 76 level. The goal is 78-79 level, left not so much to do.

Thank you for your reply...and for all of your efforts over the years. You are always appreciated around here!!

3 hours ago, feodor2 said:

Hello @feodor2! Great to hear development is ongoing especially in terms of the JavaScript engine! Hope you are well despite all existing problems in our world In any case, I'm already very excited about a new release from Mypal 68.

Best wishes and greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello:

About Cauldronfare fail with "browser outdated" error

1. It does not like 'firefox68' so just remove it form the UA string

general.useragent.override;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Mypal/68.13.0 works

But this is not good because affects all web may break other sites for sure.

I put site specific override but it does not works, will to think why, then to change the UA string by other means like extensions.

2. set network.http.sendOriginHeader;1 in about:config

thanks to @roytam1

6 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Best wishes and greetings from Germany, AstroSkipper :hello:

thanks and to hope

5 minutes ago, feodor2 said:

About Cauldronfare fail with "browser outdated" error

1. It does not like 'firefox68' so just remove it form the UA string

general.useragent.override;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Mypal/68.13.0 works

But this is not good because affects all web may break other sites for sure.

I put site specific override but it does not works, will to think why, then to change the UA string by other means like extensions.

2. set network.http.sendOriginHeader;1 in about:config

thanks to @roytam1

thanks and to hope

good to see your still alive! (I had seen rumors lately that you where not around anymore)

Edited by legacyfan

6 hours ago, nicolaasjan said:

Unfortunately uBlock Origin 1.46.0 is the last compatible version (MyPal 68.13.0b). :(

Hello @nicolaasjan! This was already discussed here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183657-mypal-68-in-windows-xp-custom-buttons-and-extensions/?do=findComment&comment=1239390 
and here: https://msfn.org/board/topic/183657-mypal-68-in-windows-xp-custom-buttons-and-extensions/?do=findComment&comment=1239411
and previous posts in that thread. :)

Just writing in to say 68.13 is working great for me on XP x86 SP3 (I've got almost all POSReady updates installed, save for a few, but have also used it and earlier versions in vanilla SP3 with no updates). Incredibly stable, and uses CPU/RAM extremely efficiently too.
Thank you for your efforts, Feodor!