I just tried MyPal 68.12.5b and also have problem with BSOD in Win32k.sys. It usually happen after visiting some pages with streamed video, just few tabs, can shoot it down within few minutes.

My system: intel core i7-2600K, 8GB DDR3, P67 chipset, nvidia GTX 670, WinXP-32b with POS ready updates 2k9.

I think it's not too old machine to be caused by unsupported SSE instruction. I never seen this crash when using MyPal 29.3 or Chrome 360 Extreme Explorer.

Even I wonder how it's possible to shoot down XP from user space, I would expect such problem in a driver but do MyPal call some drivers directly?

9 hours ago, xrayer said:

I just tried MyPal 68.12.5b and also have problem with BSOD in Win32k.sys. It usually happen after visiting some pages with streamed video, just few tabs, can shoot it down within few minutes.

My system: intel core i7-2600K, 8GB DDR3, P67 chipset, nvidia GTX 670, WinXP-32b with POS ready updates 2k9.

I think it's not too old machine to be caused by unsupported SSE instruction. I never seen this crash when using MyPal 29.3 or Chrome 360 Extreme Explorer.

Even I wonder how it's possible to shoot down XP from user space, I would expect such problem in a driver but do MyPal call some drivers directly?

Hello @xrayer! First of all, you should not forget that Mypal 68 is still in development, and the version 68.12.5b is in beta stage. Therefore, I would expect a lot of BSODs although I never had one. Did you post your problem in the issues of Mypal 68 on GithubIssues of Mypal 68 That's actually a better place to get help. There were already opened different issues about BSODs, and as far as I know, @feodor2 is generally interested in the data of them. uniforme4.gif 
Here is a quotation of @feodor2's instructions if a blue screen occurs:

IF YOU GOT A CRASH BUT WITHOUT BLUE SCREEN

Please post drwatson.log only. It is located inside \Documents and settinfs\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson Do not post any irrelevent things.

IF YOU GOT A BLUE SCREEN

Don't post a screenshot of the blue screen, as the screen isn't useful for troubleshooting.

Use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html and post on the attachment data report as on the example below.

162557875-7e17c6b9-d84a-4927-90e6-b46e5b

Kind regards, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

11 hours ago, xrayer said:

I believe it makes calls to the GPU for webgl

I followed the suggestion mentioned before to disable multiprocess:

about:config > browser.tabs.remote.autostart > false.

Since then I don't have BSOD yet, I just managed to crash Mypal silently after I opened ~16 tabs ar refreshed all of them one by while fast switching between them. Mypal.exe (only one instance was there then) reached max. consumed RAM ~1,2GB. So if it will no more BSOD I can live with it...

It seems some race condition type of bug may occur when multiproc. enabled, maybe some call is not reentrant as expected should be on newer windows?

For those getting BSOD, can you post what VGA do you have? If there is some coincidence? I have nVidia GTX 670 while a friend who doesn't get BSODs has ATI.

Edited by xrayer

On 11/30/2022 at 6:09 AM, xrayer said:

I followed the suggestion mentioned before to disable multiprocess:

about:config > browser.tabs.remote.autostart > false.

Since then I don't have BSOD yet, I just managed to crash Mypal silently after I opened ~16 tabs ar refreshed all of them one by while fast switching between them. Mypal.exe (only one instance was there then) reached max. consumed RAM ~1,2GB. So if it will no more BSOD I can live with it...

It seems some race condition type of bug may occur when multiproc. enabled, maybe some call is not reentrant as expected should be on newer windows?

For those getting BSOD, can you post what VGA do you have? If there is some coincidence? I have nVidia GTX 670 while a friend who doesn't get BSODs has ATI.

Same issue with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 5100M (HP laptop Elitebook 8540p).

Regards

On 11/30/2022 at 7:07 PM, grey_rat said:

layers.mlgpu.enabled - false

layers.gpu-process.enabled - false

browser.launcherProcess.enabled - false

Issue resolved with these settings!

Many thanks :thumbup

Regards

UPDATE: Yesterday I get a BSOD with MyPal, the issue isn't completely resolved with these settings...

Edited by genieautravail

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 4:40 AM, grey_rat said:

Maybe layers.omtp.enabled

example in Firefox 91 for OMTP need processor 3+ cores, 3+ gb RAM and 3+ gb VMEM (Video Memory? Virtual Memory?)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/qhr0erpka0u1lyo/omtp.jpg

Hi everyone ...

Would/could somebody shed some light on the following prefs.

dom.storage.next_gen;true (default false)

dom.storage.client_validation;true (default)

Thank you in advance :)

Been meaning to post these @feodor updates from the Russian-language forum, because sooner or later someone's going to ask again.

December 4:

The main thing is that there's even less power now and there's talk everywhere that soon all power stations could be blown up, so like sit and hope and wait...

December 14:

Computers are starting to break down from sudden power cuts, have to do OS reinstall at the minimum, so I haven't really worked on the browser in December so far. I think maybe I should get more RAM and run builds fully in memory. But there's not much left, maybe I can still make it by New Year's.

I presume he means that heavy parallel disk activity during builds is causing disk corruption when power is suddenly cut, so building on a RAM disk would help with that.

• 4 weeks later...