mypal_test.thumb.JPG.c7d413933b082d7ebba5ccb893b1fb64.JPG

Hello and nice day and thank you, I downloaded that version and it created a fresh new profile, so I had to force enable d3d9, 2d, render and still I'm not having luck, but again, I'm just trying to understand what those errors mean and I'm not expecting miracles here Lol. I (of course) left:

set layers.max-active from -1 at its default and allowed the "use recommended performance settings" and "use hardware acceleration"

People would say leaving this disabled is a privacy concern, but for testing, I'm totally fine changing whatever if it helps you and the progress of the project. I'm not worried.

Again, no rush and hope all is well for all in real life concerns/happenings :)

Edited by XPerceniol

In this version, the threshold for initialization has been reduced.

Texture size 4096 -> 1024

Minimum version of pixel and vertex shaders  001 (caps.PixelShaderVersion & caps.VertexShaderVersion)

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/04671d8d62b1085e8a6e7eaaff4de8efe3ad4ce3

But there is no initialization of the video card (I also tested it on the GMA 900).
Maybe it's because of the soft vertex shaders. Later I'll try another Radeon 9550, there are hardware shaders.

I had to force enable 2d

Direct2D not working in XP, and Direct2D requires a DirectX 10+ graphics card :)

Edited by grey_rat

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I've not been watching this thread since September, not speaking about the software topic, but has anybody heard from @feodor2 and know of his safety?

Hello @XPerceniol! Haven't heard from you for a while! Hope you are well! :) 
With regard to your question, I didn't hear anything from @feodor2 since 2022-08-19. And on GitHub, his last activity was from August, too. Since then, no further activity! Unfortunately, I don't know anything more. :no: And truth be told, I've also been worrying about his well-being and his safety. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

@XPerceniol, @AstroSkipper

(Probably) don't need to worry too much. :)

October 25: http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=2&topic=5894&start=1060#21
That's his dedicated Mypal testing thread over there, zzz528 == @feodor2.

October 14: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues/3#issuecomment-1279302448

I will make further thinks after the coming new version 68.13.0 with huge javascript update which also poke core-dom-ipc, let it watch then.

On Github, if there's no other activity by him, look around in the issues (sort by Recently updated).

8 hours ago, mixit said:

On Github, if there's no other activity by him, look around in the issues (sort by Recently updated).

Thanks for the tip, @mixit! I thought any activity on GitHub is shown under activities. Very strange and a bit illogical! A comment in the issues is actually an activity, too. That a new release will come soon, I already noticed in the issues, though. Anyway, thanks again for the clarification! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

• 3 weeks later...

We can thank the missile-happy Kremlin gang for the delays.:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

November 9:

We got normal power and internet today, but usually we lack one or both. Don't know when I can log in again.

November 19:

So I managed to guess the time they gave us power for 5 hrs and did browser builds. If we continue to get at least this much, I can get it done by New Year's.

(This is from the Russian forum thread I linked before.)