Ah, that makes since.

I mean, I do the same thing with 360Chrome - use v11 for 99% of the time, use v13 for 1% of the time.

So I would be happy with a stable release Mypal 68 for 99% and 78/91 for 1%.

I'd go so far as using an "abandonware" version of Mypal 68 (I "hate" weekly updates!) once it becomes "stable".

I'd be okay with Feodor's experiments releasing three versions then abandoning 68 if he finds that 78/91 is his future - because I don't think he's looking to "constantly update" all three.

To be honest, I don't know if that is such a good idea (to have 3 versions of Firefox/Mypal) because common problems that occur on/with all 3 versions of Firefox would have to be addressed anyway and problems that only occur on one version of Firefox are a waste of time to fix if this version doesn't turn out to be the final one.

So if I had the skills Feodor has I might have started with Mypal68 as well, just to see if I can get it to work on XP but as soon as that would be the case I would move on to Firefox 91.

17 hours ago, UCyborg said:

github-wc-polyfill for one. Maybe I read you wrong, I interpreted it as you got Serpent 52 addons working in Mypal 68.

Yeah, sorry. For a few uses it seemed to work, but it breaks after visiting a few github pages. I've seen the same in e10s enabled sp52, but don't use github that much, so that's it for me.

I have also noticed issues with ublock and umatrix dropping off, somehow, their guard, similar to chrome's "your app has crashed" but without the notification.

Edited by dmiranda

3 hours ago, NoNameNeeded said:

To be honest, I don't know if that is such a good idea (to have 3 versions of Firefox/Mypal) because common problems that occur on/with all 3 versions of Firefox would have to be addressed anyway and problems that only occur on one version of Firefox are a waste of time to fix if this version doesn't turn out to be the final one.

So if I had the skills Feodor has I might have started with Mypal68 as well, just to see if I can get it to work on XP but as soon as that would be the case I would move on to Firefox 91.

I hope not, because I want a Quantum release.  My hope is that he settles on 78 max and then makes an x64 version.  I run 91 now, but I prefer Quantum to Proton

I switched from Waterfox/Mypal29 to the new version of Firefox ESR (91) on Windows 7 so for me it makes no real difference if it's proton or quantum because they're both something completely different, compared to old versions or derivatives of Firefox.

But anyway, AFAIK you can disable proton-ish stuff in more recent versions of Firefox in about:config.

spacer.png

Compatibility Administrator from Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit may be used to setup the database to apply compatibility shim IgnoreException to bypass illegal instruction exception until the stable version is released. Easiest way to see if it works is opening incompatible website, then opening/closing the console. Usually if the error is shown, it "crashes" then at some point, definitely by the time you close it, if not sooner.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by UCyborg
Changed 2nd image

It's only meant to bypass crash invoked by debug code, that UD2 instruction, though it will also ignore other/different occurences of illegal instruction exception if they occur, in which case it'll crash due to that code not doing what it was supposed to do, you can't really tell it more precisely what kind of illegal instructions to ignore. Amazon works fine here though...at least clicking around without an account...

17 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Amazon works fine here though...at least clicking around without an account...

Well it's a bit flaky.

Sometimes it works just as it's supposed to, sometimes it'll crash the browser three times in a row.