http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=2&topic=5894&start=60#2

In Firefox 68, for one process, it was necessary to disable the option and add two files to the folders where Firefox is located.
In MyPal he did it differently. If you press Alt+Ctrl+del and open multiple tabs, 2 processes will be displayed.

Youtube is trying to stream video in AV1 codec, it's hard for processors without SSSE3, SSE4, AVX. Additionally  https://www.reddit.com/r/AV1/comments/b3bcft/firefox_nightly_now_uses_dav1d_021/

It is advisable to disable media.av1.enabled and media.rdd-process.enabled

OpenGL it somehow works with ATI, with Nvidia it's bad, with Intel it's very bad.

Slightly reduce memory consumption if: browser.tabs.unloadOnLowMemory - true, layers.async-pan-zoom.enabled - false, layers.omtp.enabled - false, dom.ipc.processCount 1-3. But it is for slow computers. Fast computers will lose in performance

Mypal 68 is really nice, I've been using it for days, and I can notice that most websites that don't load in FF 52.9 ESR, load very well in Mypal 68.12! Really happy with the progress Feodor2 is making with Mypal.

Though the sad thing is, I can't set it as default browser, since it's just a ZIP file, and I mainly prefer installations than portables. The good thing is that there's a way to set the default search engine to Google (I don't use DuckDuckGo) by following the instructions in @cmccaff1's post about Mycroft Project.

On 4/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

testing against trackers + fingerprint?

Blocking tracking ads?Yes

Blocking invisible trackers?Yes

Protecting you from fingerprinting?Your browser has a nearly-unique fingerprint [changs every time]

2 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Blocking tracking ads?Yes

Blocking invisible trackers?Yes

Protecting you from fingerprinting?Your browser has a nearly-unique fingerprint [changs every time]

Thanks for the test.:)
Is it not possible to get a better result for fingerprinting?
I read that the new Mypal release released yesterday finally has WEBRTC.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:29 PM, UCyborg said:

How? I just get an error about extension being corrupted.

userChromeJS doesn't work neither.

I'm sorry, I didn't see this before. Which one of them? all of them? I have them all working in sp52 for a year at least, some much more.  But I may have tweaked a few of them a bit and forgot about it.

3 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I wouldn't know. One of the first things I do when tweaking a browser is to turn webrtc and webgl off.

I assume I haven't missed much, have I? :P

Edited by dmiranda

Yes indeed WEBGL and WEBRTC can put privacy at risk.
But you have to consider that for the fact that you use XP + a browser that is not the usual standard one used by most of those who surf the internet today you are certainly more visible (for example than me) to the fingerprint.

55 minutes ago, dmiranda said:
On 4/15/2022 at 10:29 PM, UCyborg said:

How? I just get an error about extension being corrupted.

userChromeJS doesn't work neither.

I'm sorry, I didn't see this before. Which one of them? all of them? I have them all working in sp52 for a year at least, some much more.

github-wc-polyfill for one. Maybe I read you wrong, I interpreted it as you got Serpent 52 addons working in Mypal 68.

57 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I tried Skype, spoofing newer Firefox 96 got it to detect microphone, doesn't detect speakers/headphones though.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:59 AM, UCyborg said:
On 4/11/2022 at 3:43 AM, roytam1 said:

I think you hit a function that uses newer instruction sets than your processor supported (maybe SSE3/SSSE3/SSE4[A/.1.2]/AVX/etc.)

Or just memory corruption due to something not being done right, no way Firefox 68 uses instructions my Phenom II doesn't support.

OK, I was way off, should have figured since that would result in much worse consequences.

But, see?

spacer.png

Some crashes are invoked deliberately, purposefully. One of those opcodes used when testing/debugging. That code doesn't map to any of the executable modules. I'm assuming it's generated dynamically, so can't NOP it out unless one bothers to find what generated it.

PS: Can't run Flash Player, plugin container process crashes.

Edited by UCyborg

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

github-wc-polyfill for one. Maybe I read you wrong, I interpreted it as you got Serpent 52 addons working in Mypal 68.

I tried Skype, spoofing newer Firefox 96 got it to detect microphone, doesn't detect speakers/headphones though.

:yes:

Interesting,you could open an issue to report this lack of functionality.
And improve the future development of the browser.

Also I have recently reported to the developer of an extension that I use (with the help of Giorgio Maone the developer of Noscript) a problem.

Mypal68 works great on XP. Even JS bloatware sites like discord, youtube and twitch all work. There are very few useful sites that don't work on Mypal68.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on Windows2000 even with extended kernel, but what can you expect.

Many thanks to the author feodor2.

1 hour ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Interesting,you could open an issue to report this lack of functionality.

The question is whether these things work on Firefox 68. Skype disables voice functionality entirely for that version of Firefox.

Truthfully, that version is pretty dated; no support for newer regex expression additions, limited Intl.NumberFormat, no ResizeObserver, no support for nullish coalescing and optional chanining operators

spacer.png

Edited by UCyborg

9 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Ugh!  Thanks for pointing that out.  "Dead on arrival" in my books.  Had high hopes, admittedly.  But "dead on arrival".

See, what I’m hoping for is a working browser that is still built on Quantum and Photon.  I guess that would mean building on ESR 78 or even release 89.  After that was the Proton UI with floating tabs.

Now many of you are using UXP builds of Serpent and New Moon, and MyPal 68 is still way more compatible than that.  Doesn’t ESR 68 still provide a good deal of compatibility?  Can user agents still help?