Windows 7 Extended Kernel

xpandvistafan

9 hours ago, AstragonQC said:

They're not talking about the same Office version. Version 2002 is the last you can run with Office 2016/365 on Windows 7. Of course, the actual version of Office XP released in 2001-02 can run on 7, just the request is to make newer Office 2016/365 releases to run on W7 (2003, 2004 ... 2212 and so on).

image.png.81b99fa6d2686bb06820c1ff70dce116.png

Also I'm someone who is tempted to support this idea, as they stopped features updates in v2002, while in v2003, they introduced something I was awaiting for so long : the HEX-based color selector, which is much easier to use than the ARGB/TSL selectors. You can't imagine how p***ed off I was when I saw that.

thanks for this clarification . i also opened an issue on the extended kernel GitHub hope that someone sees it. 

20 hours ago, recapir said:

I'm typing this on W8.1 running Chrome 111.0.5542.0, so it still works. I've found that after rev 5520 many of Chrome's internal pages will cause it to crash. The worst offender being chrome://newtab because I use it often. If Chrome is crashing when launched it's either because its trying to restore a previous session with an offending page or its starting a new instance with newtab. The workaround is to downgrade to 5520 and install one of several available extensions that redirects chrome://newtab to another website.

You can try this one or this other one. But theres a bunch of others.

Thanks @win32 and you for responding to my matter. 

I also noticed that if you have a Chromium build below 5520 installed and attend to open a Chromium (zip) that has a higher build number, it will actually launch. However, not only the New Page- but also the Settings page won‘t open and Chromium will immediately crash. 

Is there any way in how to avoid those crashs? Same is obviously happening with Edge/Chrome and Opera also still not works in Dev Builds, although they stated that they will keep 7/8.1 Support up

4 hours ago, yoltboy01 said:

and Opera also still not works in Dev Builds, although they stated that they will keep 7/8.1 Support up

It was already confirmed that this was lying from Opera developers and not true.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:02 PM, yoltboy01 said:

Huh did I miss something? Was there an official announcement? 

No, I am talking about this post. You wrote in that post saying that an Opera developer said he would try to keep Windows 7/8.1 updated with latest Opera (after knowing that Chrome is dropping support for 7/8.1), and then D.Draker replied to you saying "it's a big lie, try Opera 96 developer yourself", you tried it, and you said it crashes on 8.1. That's what I meant by "It was already confirmed that this was lying from Opera developers and not true.". Which, in fact, means Opera developers were lying when they said they will keep 7/8.1 updated with latest Opera.

Edited by mina7601

Just like OneCore API on Windows XP, VxKex is one of the modified binaries that made on Windows 7. But, just like Windows XP Extended Kernel by @Dibya or Windows Vista Extended Kernel by @win32, Windows 7 Extended Kernel will be made by patching System32 files (.dll) as either I will do or I want to introduce some coders to patch .dll files on System32 to make an extended kernel of Windows 7, as it requires 64 bit as well as 2023 updates including ESU.

I just want to give an update on what has been going on with VxKex these past few months. So while the last official release was in August, vxiiduu has still been working on the project. It is currently be completely rewritten, as can be seen on the Github project. Some programs that have been fixed by VxKex include the latest version of iTunes (albeit with some visual bugs), OneDrive, and many others. So while there hasn't been an official release in a few months, keep your eyes on VxKex, as it will continue to improve over the coming months and years. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 9:52 PM, xpandvistafan said:

On 5/5/2023 at 6:25 PM, mjd79 said:

On 1/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, yoltboy01 said:

Edited by Cocodile
delete, tried it and no more interest