Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

Hello friends, i have faced with some issues:

- Windows XP x64 with winload and installed on nvme not restart normal. I think is related with acpi because it's ocours with Windows XP 32 bits and only restart normal when i use ACPI from Longhorn 5048 (patched) or ACPI 6666 (patched);
- Windows XP x64 with Compiled ACPI freeze on my Core i9 10900k and B560 motherboard at boot screen with compiled acpi. Works with Longhorn 5048 acpi driver;
- Both Windows XP 32, Server 2003 32 and Windows XP x64 freeze on Setup Hardware Detection portion. I think it is related with acpi too.

I'm producing a Package installer as part of One-Core-API to prepare Windows XP/Server 2003/XP x64 to can installed using Windows Vista Setup engine, including boot with Winload.exe/Winload.efi. Its is not too complete than XP2ESD, however, prepare Windows for general install on any system, like Windows Vista+ does. So, it is hardware independent.

@d0minat0r

7B BSOD is a storage driver issue. So you're missing either an AHCI or NVME driver (IDE is included in XP so that should be fine)

I noticed you're using x64 XP so you'll need the x64 versions of the drivers, x86 wont work in this case.

Hi @Mov AX, 0xDEAD,

thanks for status info. I will try to add code you mentioned. Maybe you can upload your currently changed code patches as v8 beta to make it easier as you already mention v8 in fixed issues?

BSOD 0xA5(0x03, ..., C0000034, ...) postponed SSDT loading on x64 platform (v8 update)
	Assertion Fail on loaddsdt.c, line 488 for x64 builds (v8 update)

1 hour ago, George King said:

Hi @Mov AX, 0xDEAD,

thanks for status info. I will try to add code you mentioned. Maybe you can upload your currently changed code patches as v8 beta to make it easier as you already mention v8 in fixed issues?

1) Last fix mainly for x64, for W2003 and W2003/XP x64 we still don't have SP2 correct headers, so pre-v8 is far to be even "beta"

I will update topic to include fix only for x32 XP

2)

Assertion Fail on loaddsdt.c, line 488 for x64 builds (v8 update)

This is x64 fix for semi-broken VirtualBox's ACPI BIOS tables, real systems don't have this problem

6 hours ago, Skulltrail said:

- Windows XP x64 with Compiled ACPI freeze on my Core i9 10900k and B560 motherboard at boot screen with compiled acpi. 
- Both Windows XP 32, Server 2003 32 and Windows XP x64 freeze on Setup Hardware Detection portion.

@Skulltrail Would be best if you can set up debug environment and share results with @Mov AX, 0xDEAD And hope he can develop fix for these issues.

• 3 weeks later...

lately I got an ITX board with AMD FX-9830P APU, and I tried to attach one of my installation to it for testing. I tried some of ACPI.sys drivers in "WinXP-IE Optional Patch Integrator v2.3.4 Stable.zip" and I can get it work with "acpi 5048 - 2019.11.1 - diderius6" and none of "acpi 6666" driver is working with this board.

with "Miscellaneous drivers + Microsoft SATA driver v2.0" and "AMD&Intel USB 3.0 xHCI drivers", I can get into usable desktop with USB working. unfortunately there is no XP driver of AMD Carrizo Radeon Graphics.

4 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

lately I got an ITX board with AMD FX-9830P APU, and I tried to attach one of my installation to it for testing. I tried some of ACPI.sys drivers in "WinXP-IE Optional Patch Integrator v2.3.4 Stable.zip" and I can get it work with "acpi 5048 - 2019.11.1 - diderius6" and none of "acpi 6666" driver is working with this board.

Patch Integrator v2.3.4 is very old version from September 2020. Try the latest one (v3.4.6)

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, XP-x64-Lover said:

Hey, that link is not working ( it's broken), if you have the acpi.sys mod or newer could you upload it to mediafire, https://anonfiles.com/ or somewhere else please? Thanks. ^_^

Sorry for going off-topic for saying this, but I am glad to see you back. :)

Edited by mina7601