Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

You have your own thread about this in the Windows 2000 section, where it should be.
You can tag any contributor to this thread in that thread.
The same will happen with Windows 2003 should the contributors here deem it to be necessary.

Hi everyone! So, I managed to pretty much get x64 XP running on my 12900k! USB n all, including the chipset thanks to XP2ESD! However, after I installed my GTX 770 drivers (both 355.98 and 368.81), I rebooted, and it just hangs at the XP boot screen. Oddly enough, sometimes when I say "Last known good config", it boots perfectly, even with my GPU drivers working! But, it is not consistant, and for the most part, it does not even work (does the same thing). Even safe mode doesn't boot at times!

20230301_181416.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone successfully installed XP 32-bit on the B650-E platform yet? I'm trying to install Ramsey's XP on my Strix B650-E with Ryzen 9 7900x, and I cannot see my SATA drives once the installer loads.

10 minutes ago, sparty411 said:

Has anyone successfully installed XP 32-bit on the B650-E platform yet? I'm trying to install Ramsey's XP on my Strix B650-E with Ryzen 9 7900x, and I cannot see my SATA drives once the installer loads.

I think the success will depend strongly of the SATA/AHCI (NVME??) driver you've chosen with the patch-integrator! There's a variety of one may select and try out - see Ramsey's description in section  (#) Patch Integrator v3.4.0.

On 2/22/2023 at 12:27 AM, satmonk said:

Interesting question and would there be some disadvantages if I use the modded acpi.sys on other native supported plattforms (like intel g965) ?

Sorry that I ask the same question from page 105 again, but there where no answer yet.

I am really interested if the modded acpi.sys (v6666 or v7777) affects system performance or if there would be some disadvantages.

Can I use the modded acpi.sys file on old PC hardware (like Core2Duo or even older) ?

19 minutes ago, Mark-XP said:

I think the success will depend strongly of the SATA/AHCI (NVME??) driver you've chosen with the patch-integrator! There's a variety of one may select and try out - see Ramsey's description in section  (#) Patch Integrator v3.4.0.

I've tried every driver available, and they all cause a BSOD except for the backported Kai Schtrom backported Windows 8 SATA/AHCI driver (which doesn't allow me to see my SATA SSD).

Ahh, Servus @Dietmar :cool:

Btw. eventually, in a free minute, could you please check if the Realtek Audiodriver 2.74 (latest for XP) works with the ALC1150, ALC12x0 Codecs used on the modern boards. i've opened a topic here recently...  Many thanks/Herzlichen Dank!!

Edited by Mark-XP

Many Thanks @Dietmar, that's really good news!! Now, since ALC12x0 are the more recent/sophisticated codecs it should be reasonable to conclude the 1150 will be supported too... i will try and report it in my topic then...

If you're living in the south of germany too, i think that time has come for me to invite you for a Schweinsbraten and some beers, after all your valuable an higly appreciated efforts :thumbup!!

3 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@sparty411

Use a real burned CD in an Sata CD-Rom drive together with the Kai Schtrom Sata driver

and Ramsey XP SP3. For a first try, disable all USB in Bios and also other not elementary needed devices there

Dietmar

I did that, now I'm getting BSOD 0x0000007b for inaccessible boot device(?)

2 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@sparty411

You need an Sata CD Rom, no USB.

And use a harddisk or sata HD disk, connected to a Sata port

Dietmar

Right, I did use a SATA SSD and SATA CD-ROM drive and still get the blue screen.

Edited by sparty411