Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

@TheFighterJetDude

The acpi.sys build from Sources for XP SP3 is more stable on newer compis, than the acpi.sys from Sources for Bit64 XP.

On the Gigabyte z690 UD DDR4 the Bios update helps a lot.

But anyway, to work with Bios is a risk for whole compi.

I "succeed" 2 times, that after correct Bios update compi was "dead", one time even with BiosFlashBack,

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

58 minutes ago, Dietmar said:

@TheFighterJetDude

The acpi.sys build from Sources for XP SP3 is more stable on newer compis, than the acpi.sys from Sources for Bit64 XP.

I "succeed" 2 times, that after correct Bios update compi was "dead", one time even with BiosFlashBack,

Dietmar

Hmm... maybe when I get home I will try and update my BIOS, and worsecase try 32 bit XP.

6 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@TheFighterJetDude

Dietmar

I updated my BIOS to the latest, and am now trying XP SP3 with the OSFake ACPI.sys. Same problems

7 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@TheFighterJetDude

Dietmar

Welp, after disabling the AMD USB 2.0 Hub, and some USB composite devices, I managed to get 32 bit XP to load normally with keyboard and mouse, however after I plug in my webcam (or anything else for that matter), and then I reboot, it once again goes to a blank screen after loading. However, it doesn't hang. I am able to turn on/off num lock caps lock and scroll lock on the usb keyboard, and there is some disk activity

Edited by TheFighterJetDude

14 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@TheFighterJetDude

Under XP SP3 you can use the USB3 driver from @Mov AX, 0xDEAD,

integrated in the nice XP from Ramsey

Dietmar

I actually got x64 working somewhat well, although I only have the USB ports enabled with my keyboard and mouse. I also have a Renesas USB3 PCIe card that I am using for now. 

Will the XP x86 ACPI driver work for 2K ?!?!?!☺☺

On 2/21/2023 at 10:14 PM, pappyN4 said:

Simple, for both samsung and "new", if PAE patcher is set with 4GB flag, then it does not work.  I use win7 stornvme on ISO as generic boot since it works in all situations.  Once booted, XP32 with PAE 4GB visible and working with stornvme.  Change driver to samsung or "new", and nvme driver fail code 10.  Change ntoskrnl to a bigger PAE patch (I use 64GB as max possible) then it works.  So somewhere >4GB it starts working.

On XP64 the samsung driver also code 10 when nvidia 368.81 installed, but not when 355.98.  The 'new' driver does not have this problem so its better for me.  I do not remember XP32 having this problem with 368.81 or 355.98.  GT710 for test.

I installed XP from scratch with the Win7 NVMe driver and PAE 4GB on my Asus Prime Z790-P and MSI Z590-A PRO boards.
Once XP installed I switched from the Win7 NVMe driver to the "(New)" NVMe driver: no issues detected, both systems worked fine.

Here the images:

Z790.png

Z590.png

11 minutes ago, Andalu said:

I installed XP from scratch with the Win7 NVMe driver and PAE 4GB on my Asus Prime Z790-P and MSI Z590-A PRO boards.
Once XP installed I switched from the Win7 NVMe driver to the "(New)" NVMe driver: no issues detected, both systems worked fine.

Here the images:

Z790.png

Z590.png

Why not x64 ?!

13 minutes ago, TheFighterJetDude said:

Why not x64 ?!

I have to use some programs that do not work in the 64-bit version.

Also, it is not very stable, at least on my boards: sometimes at startup the system crashes to a blank screen and the USB3 driver does not work properly for my KVM switch, the mouse and keyboard stop working when switching between systems.

34 minutes ago, Andalu said:

@TheFighterJetDude

here the USB function just lost for some HID devices:

USB-HID.png

in this case, the system hangs always also on shutdown.

x64 is decent, with my Renesas USB controller. The only things hooked up to my onboard USB is my keyboard and mouse. Also interested in running 2000

On 2/22/2023 at 6:37 PM, Dietmar said:

@satmonk

I think, until now nobody succeeds with pure Uefi 3 class boot for XP SP3 (without any CSM) on a normal 64 bit Bios

Dietmar

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD Regarding UEFI support for XP, I wonder if xp x64 ACPI.SYS can work on my ASUS x509fa, here's my DSDT:

dsdt.aml

Edited by UsefulAGKHelper

6 hours ago, Dave-H said:

@WinWord2000

Off-topic posts moved here.

You have already been warned once about posting off-topic Windows 2000 related posts in this XP/2003 specific thread.
There is a thread for this issue on Windows 2000, please use it in future.
:yes:

Hi Dave-H :) , wouldn't that be unfair this section is for Windows XP and i see the talk of Windows Server 2003 in this section  , and when some people interest to include Windows 2000 in this thread it was refused . Here is the conversation and people are very frequent on this subject, and perhaps one day someone capable to patch and interested will come and seriously want to help the owner of this project to add Windows 2000, so where is the problem if the subject was raised, Windows 2003 is also outside his section