Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

On 2/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, Dietmar said:

@casdanic

Now I get everything to work for w2k3 bit32 on the Asrock z690 Extreme with 12900k cpu. No conflict in Device Manager.

USB3 via @daniel_k mod for w2k3 of its *.inf

Dietmar

https://ufile.io/isho2boc

w2k3bit32.png

When I try this USB driver on Server 2003 32 bit it partially works at first (detects my USB mouse keyboard and other stuff), but then it drops it after reboot. When I tried this driver on XP x64, when I had to manually install the human interface device driver, it would just keep installing forever, and when I tried to hard reset, it doesn't load anymore. This is on a Z690 ASUS Prime-P board and 12900k.

UPDATE: Got rid of the "USB Device" bang in universal serial bus controllers, and I managed to get my keyboard and mouse working after manually installing the HID drivers, from within the device manager! However, once I rebooted the machine, the windows XP loading screen showed, and then my PC rebooted, as in XP crashed. I didn't see a BSOD. I tried booting in safe mode, and same thing. Can someone please help ?! I am SOOOOO close to getting XP running on my machine. I would do 2000, as I already have a working Intel SATA driver and a *somewhat* working Intel USB driver, but that issue I'll explain another time. First, I would LOVE to get my USB ports properly running in either XP or Server 2003 x64, NOT x86.

20230221_214509.jpg

Edited by TheFighterJetDude
Adding picture, updates

5 minutes ago, Dietmar said:

@TheFighterJetDude

Have you enabled all USB in Bios?

Handshake or something like this disable there.

And make use of the acpi.sys with OS fake,

because on some crazy DSDT USB3 support is deleted via its DSDT

Dietmar

All USB is enabled, and I am using the latest x64 ACPI driver that posted on here. However, I did try the OSFake XP 32 bit ACPI driver with Srver 2003 x86 (not R2), and I had a similar issue.

Edited by TheFighterJetDude

@TheFighterJetDude

Disable in Device Manager the HID device, that is not your USB mouse.

As you can see on my photo, I did the same. This HID device is for the LED control of the motherboard and it crashes your compi,

as it did with all my z690 boards and I get report from other users with z690 or z790 boards about the same crash with this strange HID device

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

1 minute ago, Dietmar said:

@TheFighterJetDude

Disable in Device Manager the HID device, that is not your USB mouse.

As you can see on my photo, I did the same. This HID device is for the LED control of the motherboard and it crashes your compi,

as it did with all my z690 boards and I get report from other users with z690 or z790 boards about the same crash with this starnge HID device

Dietmar

Thanks, will try when I get home.

@TheFighterJetDude

Your board has an 1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse combo port.

So you can disable any USB in Bios and look, if compi starts.

Then you can enable step by step the USB ports.

Also has this board an COM1 port. There you can connect a serial mouse

Dietmar

PS: Update Bios to its last version. But any Bios update is always a risk.

Edited by Dietmar

1 hour ago, Dietmar said:

@TheFighterJetDude

Your board has an 1 x PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse combo port.

So you can disable any USB in Bios and look, if compi starts.

Then you can enable step by step the USB ports.

Also has this board an COM1 port. There you can connect a serial mouse

Dietmar

PS: Update Bios to its last version. But any Bios update is always a risk.

I think I made SOME progress. In safe mode, I got both my USB keyboard AND mouse working, even after rebooting. But in normal mode, I only got it to work properly with either keyboard or mouse. I think it may have booted without crashing ONCE in normal mode with both (my PS/2 keyboard match up with the USB one when I turned on/off NUM lock), and there was some disk activity, but the screen was blank after the loading screen. The next time I booted normal with both, it crashed again. My motherboard has a PS/2 splitter port, but not a onboard serial port. It might have a header, but there is an onboard serial port.

20230222_191252.jpg

I notice that it loads fine without any usb ports enabled at all, or if there are only, say, 2 of them enabled, and even then, only the usb keyboard or mouse can be used. Only 1. In fact, even non keyboard things will cause it not to load normally, and sometimes not even in safe mode. I disabled the HID for the LED controller already