Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

On 2/19/2023 at 12:19 AM, George King said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD Hi, any news on v8 update? How is going this crazy headers mistmach?

@George King

v8 is postponed, too boring comparing headers, sorry

Anyway you can port pre-v8 from x64 patch to x32 with current headers, probably on x32 we don't have problem with headers, so can keep as is

OK, understood.
So, as things stand, which is the very latest x32 version of acpi.sys?
Just want to make sure that I have it.
There's been so many versions now that I've got confused!
A link to download it would be very useful, so I can make sure.
Thanks, Dave.
:)

46 minutes ago, Mov AX, 0xDEAD said:

ACPI tables is so smart, so can disable PCI and other type of internal devices depending on user OS, disabling USB3 hardware controller on pre-Vista OSes is this case.

Ah thanks, so the 'OS fakes' modification prevents that happening I assume.
I guess it's not relevant to my Lenovo Flex 10.
Cheers, Dave.
:)

On 1/15/2023 at 8:53 AM, Andalu said:

assuming that we are talking about the same version of the "new" nvme driver (.1007), could you please report what problem and under what circumstances such driver gives problems in XP x32 with PAE 4GB?

I ask because even though I had tested it for a while on my intel system without encountering any problems, it is likely that I forgot to test it in that specific condition.

Simple, for both samsung and "new", if PAE patcher is set with 4GB flag, then it does not work.  I use win7 stornvme on ISO as generic boot since it works in all situations.  Once booted, XP32 with PAE 4GB visible and working with stornvme.  Change driver to samsung or "new", and nvme driver fail code 10.  Change ntoskrnl to a bigger PAE patch (I use 64GB as max possible) then it works.  So somewhere >4GB it starts working.

On XP64 the samsung driver also code 10 when nvidia 368.81 installed, but not when 355.98.  The 'new' driver does not have this problem so its better for me.  I do not remember XP32 having this problem with 368.81 or 355.98.  GT710 for test.

@Dietmar @Mov AX, 0xDEAD

Is kdnet kernel debugging possible for x64?  I did a bunch of acpi tests and would like to be able to capture proper BSOD data.  Test was 100 restarts in a row.

Found
BSOD 7E (C0000005,...,...,...)
BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD 19 (20,...,..,...)
2Y9o53Oh_t.jpg Se1mzLRE_t.jpg Rkgjg0fa_t.jpg 9lvvzdh1_t.jpg

On B450/Zen2
XP32 v4     50 restarts no problem
2003x86 v4    150 restarts no problem
XP64 v4        50 restarts, found 1x 7E and 1x 19 during restart

XP32 v7        100 restarts, no problem
XP64 v7        100 restarts, 3x(7E) 1x(19) during restart

XP64 v7 on a old Athlon64 Venice CPU, 100 restarts no problem.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:25 PM, GokuSS4 said:

Hi,

do I have any advantages by using a modded acpi when using native supported Ivy Bridge on WinXP x86?

Interesting question and would there be some disadvantages if I use the modded acpi.sys on other native supported plattforms (like intel g965) ?

@Dietmar

After reading many of your posts, I have a (surely dumb) question. You got XP SP3 to work on modern UEFI motherboards (z690,...), that's very interesting, did all your motherboards offer the CSM mode or did you get managed to run XP on a 32bit UEFI plattform like the Lenovo Flex10? Also I have heard of a GRUB loader to boot XP on an UEFI device.

Edited by satmonk