Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

@Dietmar@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

Yes!! :cheerleader::thumbup

Using grub2 I did a DSDT and SSDT ACPI table modification and I can now confirm with 100% certainty that this ACPI0010 "ACPI Processor Container" Device is the cause of the issue!

https://imgbb.com/ZLJWbfH

spacer.png

I know you're not motivated at all @Mov AX, 0xDEAD but a permanent fix implemented through acpi.sys would still be very much appreciated.

Edited by Damnation

On 7/7/2022 at 3:12 PM, Mov AX, 0xDEAD said:

@daniel_k

no IFR setting -> to hard to 1) find exact uefi module 2) find inject place inside module

in old leaked AMI UEFI sources, tolud used in NBPEI.c/NBPEIBoard.c, i dont know name of final module

Thanks, I've found the probable module, but I'll just leave it as is.
Don't have much time to mess with these things and I use this computer to work.

Edited by daniel_k

6 hours ago, Damnation said:

@Dietmar@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

Yes!! :cheerleader::thumbup

Using grub2 I did a DSDT and SSDT ACPI table modification and I can now confirm with 100% certainty that this ACPI0010 "ACPI Processor Container" Device is the cause of the issue!

https://imgbb.com/ZLJWbfH

spacer.png

I know you're not motivated at all @Mov AX, 0xDEAD but a permanent fix implemented through acpi.sys would still be very much appreciated.

Seriously, stop! How old are you?
Do yourself a favor and seek help.

It's not the first time you ask @Dietmar to buy some hardware just to (try to) fix something for you.
Do you even think before asking such questions?

Now you're trying to persuade @Mov AX, 0xDEAD to fix your Processor power management issue.
Your screenshot is so fake. You didn't accomplish anything because I know you can't.

Here is a real screenshot from VirtualBox:
spacer.png

Notice the CPU model in every enumerated processor?

Processor devices do not appear in hardware management, which usually occurs on AMD's a520/b550 motherboard and Intel's 600 series motherboard. This situation occurs from XP to win7. It will be work well from win8 beta 6.2.79xx or above. I tested 6.2.7880 and will not display it. I tested 6.2.7973 and can display it. I tried to replace modified acpi.sys with the old version, but Win7/beta7880 still doesn't display. Maybe my mod acpi.sys modification is incorrect. Mod BIOS may be fixed..

Edited by canonkong

@canonkong

Your mod is correct.

The problem is that the Processor Aggregator device (ACPI000C) treats the cores as ACPI devices.
As you've seen from your tests, it's only supported by Windows 8.0 or later (ACPI 5.0+).

From what I've read, this was created for ARM, but was "ported" to x86.

XP supports ACPI 1.0 plus 2.0 processor support
Vista/7 supports ACPI 2.0 plus 3.0 processor support

Interesting doc about Processor Power Management in Windows 7:
https://download.microsoft.com/download/3/0/2/3027D574-C433-412A-A8B6-5E0A75D5B237/ProcPowerMgmtWin7.docx

For Ryzen, maybe can be fixed by porting processor related code from working boards.

For Alder Lake, maybe can be fixed by looking at Hackintosh patches.

Regarding Windows XP, even with the source code of acpi.sys, support for Processor Aggregator device won't even happen because you'd need to rewrite processor power management support entirely.

acpi.sys properly parses Processor object, then Intelppm.sys / amdk8.sys / Processr.sys use _CST, _PCT, _PSS and _PPC methods to manage power management / performance states.

So it's "easier" to fix the ACPI tables.

@daniel_k

So I need to modify the bios to fix it?AMD A520/B550 mainboards’ FCH is from ASMedia, same with AMD 300/400 series. I think can use B450 mainboards’ professor related code. But how to make sure this code?