Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

I did the install again from scratch, and this time I said NO to replacing hal.dll.
Exactly the same result, now can't boot again!
The same thing happened with the setup as well @George King.
The replacement acpi.sys file was definitely in the \sources\$OEM$\$$\system32\drivers folder, but again didn't appear to be used.
Not only that, but the folder was empty after the setup, which would indicate that the file was either moved (presumably to the wrong place) instead of copied, or was deleted.
I replaced it manually again, and the scenario was the same as before after that.
Maybe I will try again using the Integral Edition. I have a version from December 19th last year, so I guess I need to download it again as presumably it's been updated since then.
I'll also have a got with @Dietmar's acpi.sys.
:)

Thanks, good to know that I have the most recent version!
:yes:
I'm just trying again with the previous install, this time a ran a chkdsk on the memory stick first, and it found a few errors.
Every time I plug it in using Windows 10 it tells me it needs scanning, but it never finds anything wrong when it does scan it, but I thought maybe I should eliminate that as a possible problem.
This time there were no BSODs, so it could have been something wrong with the file system on the memory stick which may have prevented the acpi.sys being copied.
Everything went OK this time, although the audio hardware still isn't being seen, and there are some errors in Device Manager that I'm working on resolving.
The machine still freezes on shutdown.
Much better result now though!
:thumbup

OK, just an update.
I now have three items with problems, the 'MBI Driver', the 'Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Driver', and the 'Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework Processor Participant'. They all show code 39, driver missing or corrupted.
I can't find a driver which works, and there are three entries in the system event log on every boot about these devices saying they are not valid win32 applications.
There are no errors in the event logs now about resources, as there are on my normal installation, which looks good!
The mystery is still the missing audio hardware, which still doesn't seem to be being seen by the system at all.

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I did the install again from scratch, and this time I said NO to replacing hal.dll.
Exactly the same result, now can't boot again!
The same thing happened with the setup as well @George King.
The replacement acpi.sys file was definitely in the \sources\$OEM$\$$\system32\drivers folder, but again didn't appear to be used.
Not only that, but the folder was empty after the setup, which would indicate that the file was either moved (presumably to the wrong place) instead of copied, or was deleted.
I replaced it manually again, and the scenario was the same as before after that.
Maybe I will try again using the Integral Edition. I have a version from December 19th last year, so I guess I need to download it again as presumably it's been updated since then.
I'll also have a got with @Dietmar's acpi.sys.

There is nothing about move, only simple file copy from that location. This seems for me like corrupted flash drive? Are you sure that file is here after you unplug your USB stick? I just tried same on my side with preview5 ISO and everything that is placed in $OEM$ directory was properly copied to deployed system. Of course all files are still on USB. 

On 5/9/2022 at 7:34 PM, Dietmar said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD@daniel_k@Dave-H

I just test the new acpi.sys V5 free for XP SP3 with connection() patch, which I compiled just now

https://ufile.io/mzgeqhbo

Waaaooooh, it works on the Flex 10:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

with newest Bios 93cn59ww Bit64,

what a crazy nice work

Dietmar

20220510-020836.jpg

23 hours ago, Dietmar said:

@Dave-H

For to have sound, you have to deinstall in Device Manager system devices Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio, reinstall it again,

after this sound works with Realtek driver

Dietmar

@Dietmar

I tried installing again using this version of acpi.sys, and it seems the same as the last one I tried.
:dubbio:
I'm not sure what you mean with the sound.
I have deleted the 'Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio' device, and then reinstalled it as you said, but nothing's changed, there is still no audio hardware in the 'Sound, video and game controllers' section.
What else do I have to do?
UPDATE!
I've now realised that just rescanning with Device Manager isn't enough, you have to reboot after removing the device!
It's now installed the audio devices, and they work with the Realtek driver, as you say.
Sound at last!
:cheerleader::thumbup:worship:

Hmmm, seems like I celebrated too soon.
When I reboot, the Realtek hardware has disappeared again, and no sound!
:no:
I can get it back by uninstalling the 'Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio' device again and then rescanning, and it puts it all back again, but it doesn't seem to 'stick' over a reboot.
I assume you're not seeing that @Dietmar?
The only other serious problem still there is that the machine will shut down (contrary to what I said earlier) but it won't restart, it just permanently freezes on the 'Windows is shutting down' logo.
:(

@Dave-H

Now your Flex 10 behaves exact as mine.

When I show in Device Manager all hidden devices,

I see a yellow question mark at partmgr.

This device you need, in other case you get Bsod 0x7B.

I think, there is a conflict between something, but the behavior, that you describe, happens the

same in Safe Mode via F8 or with emergency start with nearly no drivers.

Is there a Log file at boot time from XP, that can tell more?

May be, that there is also a possibility to use Windbg for to check this,

but I dont know how

Dietmar

PS: Today in the afternoon I make an install from original XP SP3 CD in IDE mode,

just naked, only with new acpi.sys V5 and look, if then the install logs tell something more.

@Dietmar

No apparent problem with partmgr here.

20220511_120630.thumb.jpg.67ca71bccea786bc901d1274a747f3f1.jpg

'Serial' is the only hidden device showing an issue, and that can't be started apparently because there are no devices associated with it (perhaps it's for a serial port?)

I am very puzzled why the audio driver does not stay loaded over a reboot.
I would have thought that once all the necessary registry entries were there for it, it would load OK every time.

Here's the bootlog.

ntbtlog.txt

@Dave-H

I make an XP SP3 install to the Flex 10 in IDE mode, only to new acpi.sys V5 changed.

Before last Setup step of XP, means before last reboot, compi hangs on reboot

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

@Dave-H

I put this installation of XP SP3 on harddisk from the Flex 10 board to an FX58 board from 2009, also in IDE mode.

There, Shutdown and Reboot with this naked XP SP3 installation from Flex 10 works.

So, it is not a problem of the installation.

It is a driver, that makes XP hang (only on reboot)

that is also used in Safe Mode via F8. No yellow questionsmark.

May be problem with keyboard or touchpad on the Flex 10, (here as PS/2) device marked.

No advice in any *.log file, all looks ok

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

@Dietmar

Thanks.
I've now tried just using your acpi.sys on my original Flex 10 XP installation.
I just substituted it using Windows 10, and it still worked OK, and found a few more devices.
Best of all, the warnings in the system event log on every boot about lack of resources for some devices have gone away!
:thumbup
I've also managed to switch the machine to an ACPI Multiprocessor PC, with no ill effects, so it's now seeing both processor cores and is considerably faster.
There are now two new 'unknown devices' in Device Manager with no drivers for them.
It is now the same as the 'clean' installation, in that it freezes on restart (but not shutdown) and I cannot get the sound to keep working over a reboot.
If these issues can be solved I will be a very happy man indeed!
:yes:

21 hours ago, Mov AX, 0xDEAD said:

Updated to v5, two fixes

• BSOD 0xA5 (0x0000000D, ..., 0x4449555F, 0) absence _UID method
  • BSOD 0xA5 (0x11, 0x08, ..., ...) error in _AMLILoadDDB() (Connection() opcode)

bsod 0xA5 (0x0000000D, ..., 0x4449555F, 0x0) solved on asrock H310M-HDV with acpiV5 (and no other "non-acpi" bsod detected).