Seeking Privacy Disk Software for Windows 9x

FantasyAcquiesce

Hello!

Today, I am in search of a software utility. Kinda like ccleaner's wipe free space option.

I am in search of software that will delete the Windows thumbnail cache, wipe the free space, and delete any other potential privacy-invasive items.

Any recommendations are highly appreciated!

Allmost all software of that kind put some signature on the drive, so if you want your drive to be completely clean you need to write

your own software or to hire someone to write it for you...

For wiping free space, there's the classic trick of creating a large junk file, copying it over and over until your entire hard disk is filled up, then deleting all of those copies. This effectively overwrites any leftover data in free space with junk.

23 hours ago, ABCDEFG said:

Allmost all software of that kind put some signature on the drive, so if you want your drive to be completely clean you need to write

your own software or to hire someone to write it for you...

Yeah, makes me question programs that clean the system and any program (I suspect) just replaces with their own data :unsure:

On 3/28/2022 at 3:38 AM, jaclaz said:

Older versions of ccleaner should install and run on Win95 and on Win 98, should be 1.32 for Win95 and 2.36 for Win98:

https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/27011-ccleaner-for-windows-95/

https://msfn.org/board/topic/178116-windows-95-support-and-software-information-2019/

jaclaz

I've stopped using anything other than CCleaner now and thank to @Sampei.Nihira ...  I now use custom rules for things other than web browsing/browsers.

Hmmm. What are "Things" anyway; I've always wondered. Just kidding - or am it?:blushing:

Edited by XPerceniol