(Project) Extend Vista support by Installing Server 2008 ESU updates

LonghornXP

I have a Vista laptop with all the updates installed and this is the last year where Microsoft support Windows 7, Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 with ESU (Extended Security Updates). Since Server 2008 is a server counterpart of Vista, I'm wondered if Server 2008 ESU Updates installed in Vista. Can someone help me with the project?

7 minutes ago, LonghornXP said:

I have a Vista laptop with all the updates installed and this is the last year where Microsoft support Windows 7, Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 with ESU (Extended Security Updates). Since Server 2008 is a server counterpart of Vista, I'm wondered if Server 2008 ESU Updates installed in Vista. Can someone help me with the project?

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/updated-how-to-install-and-update-windows-vista-sp2-64-bit-beyond-its-eol-date.83461/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 5:47 AM, ExtremeGrief said:

Many thanks @ExtremeGrief and @billmcct now my Vista laptop is fully updated with Server 2008 ESU

5ee6f8dc-bf63-4545-a286-aa66d57ea7d8.jpg

Edited by LonghornXP

1 hour ago, ExtremeGrief said:

Did you install the ESU Licensing Preparation Package?

Of course, I'm installed the ESU Licensing Preparation Package (I already installed some updates and I'm installed Vista ExKernel)

30 minutes ago, LonghornXP said:

Of course, I'm installed the ESU Licensing Preparation Package (I already installed some updates and I'm installed Vista ExKernel)

How did you manage to get the 2022-03 Monthly Update on WU? Me and other people on MDL haven't managed to do it yet!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am considering installing Vista into a dual-boot environment on an older laptop that currently has Win 10 on it.

What size would you or any other readers here recommend I create for the partition that will have the Vista install? 

I don't want to have wasted space since very little besides the OS will be installed on this partition but I also don't want to have the bare minimum required for the install either.

11 minutes ago, XPHomeSP3 said:

What size would you or any other readers here recommend I create for the partition that will have the Vista install? 

I don't want to have wasted space since very little besides the OS will be installed on this partition but I also don't want to have the bare minimum required for the install either.

i have a 90gb ssd partition for vista with 40gb free (with so much crap installed on it's not even stable anymore:lol:) so about 60gb should be ok 

Edited by winvispixp

I was thinking along the lines of 60 GB as well, but I’m wondering if I could get away with 40 GB instead?

Also, would the decision to install the 64 bit vs. the 32 bit version of Vista have any impact on the ultimate size of the partition?