Windows 11 , The Worst Crap Ever

Dibya

I had to learn two new "tricks" just to install Win 11.  It's only an i3 with 4 GB RAM and the BIOS doesn't even have an option to boot from USB.

Trick #1  --  use a CD Loader and the loader then boots from USB (I'm guessing quite common, this was just my first need for it)  --  https://www.plop.at/en/pbm6/bios.html

Trick #2  --  the Windows registry is actually available DURING a Windows install and you can use it to bypass "requirement checks" and install Win11 when it tries to not let you  --  https://www.alitajran.com/this-pc-cant-run-windows-11/

My experience with Windows 11 was weird, it works quite well on certain systems than others. I installed Windows 11 on a FX 4320 PC with 2 GBs of RAM, it ran Windows 11 quite well after debloating and using Windows 10's UI with the help of winget and Winaero Tweaker. Later attempt was on a Lenovo laptop with a Core i3 6100U and 4 GBs of RAM, it was much worse, I remember using Ungoogled Chromium and oh damn how annoying was it to use it in Windows 11, I didn't have that much annoyance with performance on even Windows 10! I quickly ended up installing Windows 7 on that laptop, and oh how much better that laptop is running because of it. I didn't use Windows 11 for that much as I didn't find too much interest in it, it's just Windows 10 Cobalt with new UI, nothing else otherwise. I'm not really interested in Windows 10 or 11 as I am not that fond of them as much as I used to be.

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Hey brave internet guy !

If someone disagrees with you in previous topics, doesn't mean you have to chase them all over the website to take revenge . It's inappropriate in Western Europe.

Now if you done with the insults , do you have something constructive to say ?

About Windows 11.

or i just put you on my s*** list as that is where you belong
and game over for you

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Have you tried disabling "Plug and Play" service?

No, but can't reproduce on Win11 VM neither now...I'll play some more with Vista (on real hardware) next time I boot into it, don't feel like rebooting my main Win10 if I don't have to...

It's not an isolated case, others wrote about it on the internet, maybe something does change and I overlooked it...I tend to overlook...glitchy brain. My Win11 VM does have over 10 network profiles ATM, but I wasn't plugging the phone into it directly, either VMware's NAT was used or the Bridged option, nothing else, but the latter links to the phone's adapter on the host, so could be that as well.

Edited by UCyborg

I'm working on a Win11 VM as we speak.  I wanted to test Win11 on my Win7 laptop first and wanted to make sure that my Win7 product key activates Win11  --  it does  :cheerleader:

I'm days/weeks away from having my Win11 VM NLited/WinReducer'd.  In progress.

My VM sizes kind of indicate how big OS's have become.

Win3.1 VM .vdi  ==  20 MB
Win3.11 VM .vdi  ==  78 MB
Win 98SE VM .vdi  ==  218 MB
Win NT4 VM .vdi  ==  236 MB
Win 2k VM .vdi  ==  578 MB
Win 2k3 VM .vdi  ==  1.07 GB

WinXP x86 VM .vdi  ==  635 MB
WinXP x64 VM .vdi  ==  1.12 GB
WinXP x86 VM .vdi  ==  1.48 GB  (this one contains IE8, WMP11, and .NET 1 and 2)

I'm kind of liking Win11.  It's not for me as far as my Daily Driver (an XPS 8700 i7-4770 at 3.4 GHz with 16 GB RAM, roughly 10 years old, it remains on XP x64).

But to be truly open-minded and give Win11 a true shot, I would have to compare it directly to Win10 on this XPS 8700 - which will never happen so long as I have bank account access from XP.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

I would need Windows 11 (of course on a newer machine as far as it's possible) due to two reasons.

1. The Android subsystem: I know about Bluestacks and similar software, but such emulators don't have screen reader and is hard to install a screen reader there for a visually impaired person, so I can't use such emulators. I'm wondering if it is possible to run (the same Microsoft emulator even with the screen reader) on a Ubuntu/Linux VM. Another posibility would be something like a TeamViewer and controle my movile phone through my computer, but apparently the performance isn't very good. Is anoying that the emulator boots up automatically eating a lot of ram. Is it possible to prevent that? And would be possible to use Windows 11 with the Android emulator inside a VirtualBox/VMware vm?

Another thing is Windows 11's recovery mode which has the Narrator and an option to boot an USB without touching the BIOS/UEFI. I'm wondering if it is possible to replicate that feature on older Windows versions.

50 minutes ago, Sergiaws said:

an option to boot an USB without touching the BIOS/UEFI. I'm wondering if it is possible to replicate that feature on older Windows versions.

That's what this does  --  https://www.plop.at/en/pbm6/bios.html

You boot from CD/DVD.  But then select USB.  My BIOS doesn't have a USB option so I have to skip BIOS, boot from CD, then boot from USB.

Windows 11 is literally Windows 10 21H2 with a major reskin (and with bugs included too). I know that Microsoft is improving 11 with updates but it still kinda sucks and I'm currently on Windows 11, I plan on going back to Windows 10 soon. The message is clear, Microsoft no longer releases stable and good products anymore (last one was Windows 7 imo). :boring:

Just now, WinGlass said:

Windows 11 is literally Windows 10 21H2 with a major reskin (and with bugs included too). I know that Microsoft is improving 11 with updates but it still kinda sucks and I'm currently on Windows 11, I plan on going back to Windows 10 soon. The message is clear, Microsoft no longer releases stable and good products anymore (last one was Windows 7 imo). :boring:

And I BET Microsoft hired interns to make Windows 11 and other crappy products, wtf happened to Microsoft for the past 7 years or so? :(

future is react os, wine or some kernelex, one core api... 

there is no "recycle bin" on earth to throw away all the computers manufactured between 2008-2016 (Windows 7, 8 compatible drivers)

this forced programmed obsolescence doesn't have sense and more important: doesn't have a place in this world.

Why MS want us to run a laggy OS which seems like it's running Android (UWP/Metro Apps can be considered another os running on top of the Win32 NT api) at the same time?

What's a computer for these days ? what can't be done on 2008-2016 computers?

If someone invents a small mini PCI-E GPU  for a laptop, compatible  with Windows 7 or 8 drivers, we will be able to stay with the best OS & GUI (after XP) forever...

Every time I try it I remember how fast was w98 on that old hardware...

Edited by sonyu