Windows 11 , The Worst Crap Ever

Dibya

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The only entry my LTSB has under that key is a DWORD named "Status" with a value of 0.

Then give up ! Even without the logging it's still painfully slow and there's nothing you or anyone else can do to speed it up (surprise! ..... not).

Win10 has basically become my "backup plan".  I prefer XP for everything.  But there will come a day that I won't be able to access my online banking so I went on a quest for an alternative OS.  I have Win7 on a different laptop but so far I'm liking Win10 LTSB better.

For me, my Windows 10 machine boots up in around 15 seconds at most. But keep in mind, my Windows 10 Machine is an Dell XPS Machine from 2010, and XPS machines are close to top of the line, so I might not represent the majority population here.

5 minutes ago, xpandvistafan said:

For me, my Windows 10 machine boots up in around 15 seconds at most.

Do you know if you use hibernate or sleep?  I have less then 15 seconds when coming out of hibernate (which is all I do 95% of the time).  But a full MINUTE for "restart" (ie, full shutdown).

4 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Do you know if you use hibernate or sleep?  I have less then 15 seconds when coming out of hibernate (which is all I do 95% of the time).  But a full MINUTE for "restart" (ie, full shutdown).

When I do full shutdown that is the case. I usually go into sleep when leaving my computer unattended for hours. But I occasionally do a full shutdown. When I boot it up, it boots up very quickly around 15 seconds.  Although, with my other lower end desktop running Windows 10, it takes more like 30 seconds for it to boot which is quite annoying, which is why I don't usually do a full restart.

Edited by xpandvistafan

3 hours ago, xpandvistafan said:

my Windows 10 machine boots up in around 15 seconds at most. But keep in mind, my Windows 10 Machine is an Dell XPS Machine from 2010

Must be a magical computer , indeed ! LOL

Well , we here , in France (Vichy) have lots of Core i5 Dell-s and Fujitsu-s circa 2014 -2015 in the local dumpsters , in excellent condition. But it would be a struggle to find something from 12 years old to test it on.

This is what my Win7 is showing.  I wouldn't call this "everything" that I do, but I'll still axe these logs now that I know about them.

image.png.e6144268db9542a4d779f13b71d3d84d.png

Yep , that's them. It doesn't mean they all run at the same time ! That's why I wrote wait for some time after you boot . They may switch themselves off or sleep/wait until you bring your wi-fi on, for example , then the wifi logger will kick in and log the hell outta you . Just look if it is set to start. Axe them all. 

I do not work in IT.  This is just a hobby.  I've spent DECADES tweaking XP.  I am only roughly two months in on testing Win7 and Win10.  Had to NTLite them both very heavily and it's still a work in progress.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

are being logged and sent to MS

Can you demonstrate if this truly happens?  An OS "event log" is a "log" by definition, but they are not sent to MS.

When I worked in UNIX decades ago, an "even log" was called a "syslog".  I don't recall if UNIX could be set up in such a way to PREVENT the "syslog".

But they too were not "sent" anywhere.  They were simply LOCAL files for the inquisitive geek to peruse in their free time or to use to assist in debugging a frequent crash.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Can you demonstrate if this truly happens? 

I'm a hobbyist too , these logs are encrypted . How am I supposed to do it ? What I know is that win 7 have lots of strange connections to cloudfare (which would make sense if they are being sent to MS) , just search for "windows cloudfare connections".  For example , I've installed win 7 and right now observing cloudfare again . I will not post anything here since it's off-topic . 

But answering you here because I guess the same would be with win 11 too.