Windows 11 , The Worst Crap Ever

Dibya

On 4/5/2022 at 4:47 PM, vinifera said:

i didnt like it either by default (original as it came)
but after i did my tweaking, and did my visual skins, it was so much better :P

45 minutes ago, vinifera said:

i dont use 11 -_-
nor i said i did -_-

Seems to me that your first post lead us all down a Rabbit Hole that you do use 11 and that you tweaked it, added some skins, and it was "much better", even if that use is only a VM or a secondary computer.

The thread is about Windows 11 - you kind of wasted our time into thinking you didn't like it by default but that you tweaked it.

I'm done here, moving on...

Hmmm, ooops.  It is very easy to lose track of who is quoting who when it's just a reply with no actual "quote".

vinifera specifically stated, and I quote, "but after i did my tweaking, and did my visual skins, it was so much better", so yes, I assumed that he/she had some tweaks and skins he/she would share.

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

@vinifera was quoting my remark regarding XP

Major mea culpa.  I scrolled back a page and yep, it was a direct quote.  Paint me blue and throw me in Times Square.  :blushing:

My only defense is that my shortcut is for the Unread Content page and all I saw, mistakingly, was a post about tweaks and skins in a Windows 11 thread.  :blushing:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

I'd increase the memory by a few GB if it's possible to increase it at all. This might solve the problem. Hangs can be caused by viruses. WinSCP, if you connect to some ftp server and start receiving or transmitting data. This also affects the operation. RAID RECOVERY partially solves the problem without replacing RAM. While you can play games for hours and nothing like this happens. A full freeze means the last image freezes on the screen and stays frozen, and you just have a slow computer.

Edited by WalkerTms5

Why can't Microsoft for once respect people's choice regarding upgrading to this ****...even if I turn off the function for now...Microsoft install 11 anyway.....?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sick of this company and not respecting the user's choices....

bookie32

On 4/4/2022 at 8:54 AM, Tripredacus said:

A test of Windows 11 Search has failed spectatularly, but of course I have come to accept that Search will never be as good as it used to be. The test being have a folder with a text file and a string, then do a file contents search for that string and ideally that file should appear in the results. Well, no it shows no results even after choosing the option for file contents. This has been a big issue for me for years even going back to Vista. Even Windows 7 has this issue where file content search doesn't work except for when it does. I have 3 PC here (2x Win7 and 1x Win10) and if I need to find a string in a file, I have to copy everything to the other Win7 PC to do the content search because it doesn't work on the other Win7 or the Win10 PC. And even so, actual file search in Explorer (when not looking for contents) is usually so slow that I may often find myself using CMD to find file locations instead.

Trip you are right windows search has been a problem with Win for some time so I use a separate search app and have been using it for a long time. Right click on any drive folder whatever. Does file contents also but when I am doing that it works better to put quotes around "Cortana" You can install and use the Free version FileLocator Lite https://www.mythicsoft.com/filelocatorlite/download/

Screenshot-2022-04-16-081029.png

Edited by maxXPsoft

Another gripe I'm not sure I mentioned: the borderless windows. Since by default the explorer windows are white, now with no borders, there is no way to know where one stops and another begins. I am getting confused when having multiple windows open and having to resort to Alt+Tab to navigate them and not being able to use the mouse.

On 4/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, maxXPsoft said:

...windows search has been a problem with Win for some time so I use...

Disk Explorer Pro was payware that went freeware. The site has disappeared the last year or two but you can still find it on the archive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170814140217/http://www.tjelinek.com/main.php?section=dd

Great program, full featured, no lite version. In the payware arena i have not found anything better than Advanced CATaloguer Pro. I love the fact that you can print out reports of files that have been modified when you rebuild your database. Havent used windows search in a decade.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:55 AM, bookie32 said:

Why can't Microsoft for once respect people's choice regarding upgrading to this ****...even if I turn off the function for now...Microsoft install 11 anyway.....?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So sick of this company and not respecting the user's choices....

bookie32

MS (and computer era) isn't what it used to be. 

Windows is in a neverending "beta" stage or at least I feel it like that.

Forcing users to upgrade without any option to have some control over updates can be considered a type of programmed obsolescence in some manner. isn't it?

At least they tested the OS before the RTM version in the good old days, or it's what BG says here. Check 00:12:06 :

the best thing that could happen will be to start a new Windows version from Windows 8.0, no dpi, no wddm 1.3 / 2.0 video memory pagination, no memory compression, no tons of background processes, no telemetry, no xaml, no metro, no cortana, no meltdown, no spectre... just the good old "click & run" like Windows XP

Personal Computer isn't personal anymore. Who wants to buy a computer with this Webpage-alike-Windows running an infinite number of things in background wasting your time, your cpu, ram... just to do the same only difference it's all are shown with more colors here and there... wooow what easy is all...

An era ended with w10 version 1511 10586. Any after this (even this) it's a beta OS with a strange & confused GUI. Just a personal opinion. w10/11 memory, cpu and resource management sure it's better but we want less. LESS IS MORE. Why can't we switch between WDDM versions ? or turn things like gpu memory pagination on or off ? why can't we switch DWM versions ? This will be a true advantage... not all these widgets and a new taskbar with less functionality with every new version...

Just read this and tell me how do you feel: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.0. 

It all started here. The most incredible invention. The taskbar, the GUI, the ".exe", the control panel, the start button, the start menu... the way we loved:

Edited by sonyu

I think most of us here tend to forget, we (the MSFN member) have almost ZERO in common with the "average computer user".

To the "average computer user", upgrading from XP to 7 to 10 to 11 is like buying a brand new car every three years.

The "average computer user" LOVES the new-car smell, the new bells and whistles.

The "average computer user" will take the 'financial hit' of that "new car" every three years and walk in pride, "look at me and my shiny new ride".

Or something like that...