Windows 11 , The Worst Crap Ever

Dibya

Software is hanging even on a ryzen 7 4800u as it is eating out 16gb of ram . you need 128GB ram to browse internet folks.

Everything broken here and their.

UI feels like GNOME and MacOSX married and produced a baby , doesn't feel Windows at all

Downgraded back to Windows 10 , i am happy , no more windows 11.

User: How buggy a software must be?
Microsoft: Yes

In my opinion, Windows 11 feels much better than Windows 10. However you must delete Microsoft's bloatware. I prefer Windows 11 more than Windows 10 cause it is cleaner and easier to use at least in my opinion. Moreover, it has some Windows Vista/7 things that we lost on Windows 10. So, Windows 11 is better than Windows 10 (both are the same crap), but is it worse than Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1.

So far in my experience, Windows 11 is way worse than Windows 10. Mostly from a usability standpoint. While I have changed to Windows 10 on 2 computers now, I don't see myself changing to Windows 11 unless they fix some issues. First of all, 100% of my Win11 experience so far has been in offline or segregated networks. The UX is extremely slow and some portions do not even work. For example if I were to open an Explorer window (in any way you can think of doing it, like putting c: in the run box, doesn't matter) it will open a blank white window for about 3-4 minutes before it actually will show you the contents of the thing you are looking at. Be is c: or Libraries, doesn't seem to matter. I've considered running a trace on explorer to see what it is trying to do.

I don't think Windows 11 is terrible, after you install Explorer Patcher and return some of the UI back to Windows 10. I guess that sort of negates the entire "upgrade" but I don't like how Microsoft removed a lot of the customization. The few lines of code they removed just so that you can't move the taskbar where you want, or have full titles shown in the taskbar, there's no reason for it that I can see except for keeping the taskbar cleaner for the newly centered start menu button and icons. They probably want to make it look like a Mac. I'm running it on "unsupported" hardware but I don't care because it works regardless.

But honestly, I just tolerate it like I tolerated Windows 10 and even then, I used the Long Term Service Branch/Channel so it wasn't bloated with so much garbage. I'd still much prefer using Windows 2000 or Windows XP x64 any day, back when they weren't afraid to let you customize your system. The honest truth though is unless you have the need, there's really no reason to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10, the settings menu as I'm concerned is more of a mess than anything. I prefer the good old fashion control panel, and not the grouped kind either. I don't even see the need for a "settings" panel, the control panel was just fine but it's more change for the sake of change. But even to this day, I still can't daily drive a Linux distribution so I'm stuck with Windows. So may like how certain aspects aren't tied to the operating system, but I personally don't because it feels like it doesn't flow well with the OS. It feels less stable in my opinion and customization can be confusing.

I wonder how long will ExplorerPatcher manage to keep some glimpse of sanity in this OS. Between out-of-the-box Win11 shell and original Win95 shell, I'd take Win95 shell, even if it's a bit simple for today's standards.

3 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I'd take Win95 shell, even if it's a bit simple for today's standards.

Simple worked, that's what kind of gets me in today's computing. I'm not the kind that really needs special applications for everything but even that isn't an excuse for not having a clean interface that was simple to navigate and use. Windows 95 did what people needed it to do and didn't hide things within menus upon menus.

5 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Indeed, though when you take some new extras for granted, it's hard to go back.

I hear ya. I'm even starting to get used to the new right click menu and using the icons for cut, copy, paste, etc. Although a complaint I have on there is that it seems sometimes the icons appear on top and sometimes they're on the bottom and I have no idea what triggers that but it's a bit annoying because you think you're just going to quickly click on something and it's not there...but then you look and it's on the other side of the menu. But with using something like that...I wonder how much it would be an adjustment to go back to the old style.

The only thing I could get used to again is the classic 98 theme. I know there's a project that can actually restore it but it really bogs down my laptop since it relies on .net 4.8 and a few other things to run. 

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Although a complaint I have on there is that it seems sometimes the icons appear on top and sometimes they're on the bottom and I have no idea what triggers that but it's a bit annoying because you think you're just going to quickly click on something and it's not there...but then you look and it's on the other side of the menu.

The reason why this happens is because of the menu positioning changing (since it's almost close to the top edge of the taskbar), so the icons change sides.
spacer.png
Windows-Sandbox-Client-OCcr4-Avu-Os.png
This is probably what you are referring to, right? :angel

2 hours ago, mina7601 said:

The reason why this happens is because of the menu positioning changing (since it's almost close to the top edge of the taskbar), so the icons change sides.

This is probably what you are referring to, right? :angel

That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for the clarification. Still a bit annoying but I suppose you can predict where the icons will be depending on where you right clicked on the screen.

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

Still a bit annoying but I suppose you can predict where the icons will be depending on where you right clicked on the screen.

Yes, I completely got used to it months ago. While I do agree that it does sound a bit annoying, I think of it as an improvement, at least in my opinion.