Jump to content

Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, WULover said:

I think in the same folder as the splash.asp default page

the name of splash.asp page 3 should be "splash.asp?page=3"

Edited by LonghornXP
Link to comment
Share on other sites


I have copied the splash.asp?page=3 into the default folder. Apparently the file already existed and had to be replaced by this one. When I now open the page, I immediately get the WU welcome page but the Scan for Updates button does nothing.:no: For this page, other splash.asp pages are necessary, but unfortunately I could not find them on wayback machine. The selfupdate.asp page is also missing, but I don't know if it has WU v4. This page downloads the file and checks if it is signed by Microsoft before displaying the start page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

I have copied the splash.asp?page=3 into the default folder. Apparently the file already existed and had to be replaced by this one. When I now open the page, I immediately get the WU welcome page but the Scan for Updates button does nothing.:no: For this page, other splash.asp pages are necessary, but unfortunately I could not find them on wayback machine. The selfupdate.asp page is also missing, but I don't know if it has WU v4. This page downloads the file and checks if it is signed by Microsoft before displaying the start page.

Can u use the selfupdate.asp from WU v6? Also, v6 and v5 uses .aspx instead .asp. Strange :dubbio:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2022 at 12:27 PM, LonghornXP said:

Can u use the selfupdate.asp from WU v6? Also, v6 and v5 uses .aspx instead .asp. Strange :dubbio:

They upgraded to ASPX, because it was better and allowed the use of C#, VB.NET and other languages, while ASP used VBScript for its code and was limited to IIS(Internet Information Services) only, IIRC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NojusK said:

They upgraded to ASPX, because it was better and allowed the use of C#, VB.NET and other languages, while ASP used VBScript for its code and was limited to IIS(Internet Information Services) only, IIRC.

What if we convert WU4 from asp to aspx? In total, it is the backend part.

By the way, the project that was on youtube has nothing to do with the original WU4 since it is in HTML and uses WSUS to check for updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found the splash.asp?page=3 and some other pages. So the page is still complete. We do not need to add the splash.asp?page=3 extra. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out why it's stuck at this point.:no:

1g5LqXg.png

Edited by maile3241
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WULover said:

You have all the Windows Update pages ?

Yes, I have all the pages. We could try to access the page from a Windows 2000 system. It is possible that the latest update agent is to blame for it not working.

PS: The old update catalog is also still available:

delK1Hm.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2022 at 2:23 AM, maile3241 said:

I found the splash.asp?page=3 and some other pages. So the page is still complete. We do not need to add the splash.asp?page=3 extra. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out why it's stuck at this point.:no:

1g5LqXg.png

There is some CSS and images were missing, that's why the style look like this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...