Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

Hi everyone,

Would anyone be able to provide me with a full step-by-step tutorial on how to get the Windows Update website up and running again? Right now I'm trying to get specifically the Windows Update v3 website up. I want to mention that I already have all the files for v3. If anyone is able to provide me with the detailed steps to get the website running and how to access the website through other machines, please let me know. Thanks.

9 hours ago, WULover said:

Create a DNS zone in your DNS called v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com, then create a Host Record (A). Enter the Ip of your server at the bottom, then validate and close the DNS.

In IIS, create a new website called v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com (in Site name), and enter this in Host name too.

Set the IP address to "All IPs", then enter the physical path where you store Windows Update, and here you go!

To access Windows Update in virtual machines, type the IP of your server in their DNS settings (this is for the client).

10 hours ago, Great_Life said:

Hello everybody! I have already downloaded the v5 site files.But what should I do with my IIS server?

I have already tried the steps,but the server returned me a 500 error,what should I do?(My server is Windows Server 2022)

"I have already tried the steps,but the server returned me a 500 error,what should I do?(My server is Windows Server 2022)"

Because I never got this error, ask @WinFX.

I think he can help you.

Edited by WULover
Citations

Hello and thank to all the person in the thread.I have already solved the 500 error,but it still have some problems.When I type my server’s address,the URL seems to be rewritten correctly ,but then it jumps to the official page and won’t stay on the local page. Did I miss something?

16 minutes ago, Great_Life said:

Hello and thank to all the person in the thread.I have already solved the 500 error,but it still have some problems.When I type my server’s address,the URL seems to be rewritten correctly ,but then it jumps to the official page and won’t stay on the local page. Did I miss something?

The problem is in redirect.js either delete redirect.js or use this url: http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?&g_sconsumersite

1 hour ago, Great_Life said:

Did you add the IP of your IIS Server in your client's DNS settings ?

9 hours ago, WULover said:

Did you add the IP of your IIS Server in your client's DNS settings ?

I didn’t use dns because I have a Active Directory.I may configure one in the future.So I’m testing the page by typing the server’s ip.When I‘m testing,the thing happens.

11 hours ago, maile3241 said:

The problem is in redirect.js either delete redirect.js or use this url: http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?&g_sconsumersite

I can't find redirect.js,where is it?By the way,my this URL gives me the same result.

Edited by Great_Life
Add Some Content