Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly not much. We are currently working on v4. But it still does not work correctly. getmanifest.asp makes v4 very hard. v31 works but only updates until October 2000 because at this time Microsoft has changed the inventory system. 

On 9/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, ByQuadCore said:

Sadly not much. We are currently working on v4. But it still does not work correctly. getmanifest.asp makes v4 very hard. v31 works but only updates until October 2000 because at this time Microsoft has changed the inventory system. 

how does v31 work as here it just gives me some errors

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, WinFX said:

Automatic updates with V4 backend is working with SUS. But web version of WUv4 not.

But only for Windows 2000 SP3+ and Windows XP SP1+ or Windows 2000 SP2 and XP RTM with the SUS Client Update. Windows 2000 RTM, SP1 and Windows Me are not working yet. 

46 minutes ago, ByQuadCore said:

But only for Windows 2000 SP3+ and Windows XP SP1+ or Windows 2000 SP2 and XP RTM with the SUS Client Update. Windows 2000 RTM, SP1 and Windows Me are not working yet. 

It is not a big deal, since with respect to WUv5 it only adds compatibility with Windows 2000 Service Pack 2. Also, the same story happens as the WUv3 inventory, only updates until October 2005 appear.

I'll go the hard way, although its helps to remove the getmanifest.asp error, when checking for updates on the WUv4 Site, it gets stuck at 0% and doesn't throw the 500 error.

Something that makes this difficult is that http requests do not appear in fiddler if they are executed in asp code. It must be that asp rejects proxies. It's the only way to get WUv4 to work on Windows 98/ME.