Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

11 hours ago, WinFX said:

I already have the URL-Rewrite extension installed in IIS, but what steps should I follow to create a rule that solves the Query String problem? And how is it possible to use WU in XP SP1 (system that does not support SHA2)?

I am currently testing my WUv5 on a Windows Xp rtm system and it works fine. So it will work exactly the same in Sp1. I just used the sha-2 patch.

To configure Url-rewrite I created an Empty rule. Here is an example redirected from splash.aspx?page=3 to splash3.aspx. The configuration looks like this:

7KaXJe6.png

wu8DeDX.png

27 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

I am currently testing my WUv5 on a Windows Xp rtm system and it works fine. So it will work exactly the same in Sp1. I just used the sha-2 patch.

To configure Url-rewrite I created an Empty rule. Here is an example redirected from splash.aspx?page=3 to splash3.aspx. The configuration looks like this:

7KaXJe6.png

wu8DeDX.png

Excellent, the SHA-2 patch is Microsoft official?

1 hour ago, maile3241 said:

No, it's the Windows Update patch from an MSFN member but I can't remember who it was.

Do you have the patch installer? Is it only for XP pre-sp2 or does it also work on 2000/9x/me?

spacer.png

It seems magic when it works, try it on Windows 2000 SP4 with IE5.5 and it works faster than WUV6, but some conditional comments are missing in resultslist.aspx for optional updates, and another splash to install Bits 2.0 and Windows Installer 3.1 in Windows 2000 As the Validation Service for Windows XP since these redirect you at the beginning, I mean the Activex Search.

1 hour ago, WinFX said:

spacer.png

It seems magic when it works, try it on Windows 2000 SP4 with IE5.5 and it works faster than WUV6, but some conditional comments are missing in resultslist.aspx for optional updates, and another splash to install Bits 2.0 and Windows Installer 3.1 in Windows 2000 As the Validation Service for Windows XP since these redirect you at the beginning, I mean the Activex Search.

I can't get Windows Update working in 2000

3 hours ago, WinFX said:

spacer.png

It also works fine for me under Windows 2000:

omDWkbi.png

Automatic download of the latest update agent also works:

Edited by maile3241

On 7/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, maile3241 said:

It also works fine for me under Windows 2000:

omDWkbi.png

Automatic download of the latest update agent also works:

How do u getting work under 2000? I can't get it work.

On 7/26/2022 at 12:25 PM, LonghornXP said:

How do u getting work under 2000? I can't get it work.

I have found a new method for those who have a Windows server but I need to test it more often.

There is good news and bad news.
The good news is that today I managed to get Windows Update v3 to check for updates. Unfortunately, they do not install. Some files are missing and therefore the correct updates are not shown. I have renamed similar files to see if there is a search at all.
The bad news is that it is difficult to get all the files for the old Windows versions and the download links are also missing, so no updates can be installed. 
Here's a little insight into Windows Update v3:

3 hours ago, maile3241 said:

There is good news and bad news.
The good news is that today I managed to get Windows Update v3 to check for updates. Unfortunately, they do not install. Some files are missing and therefore the correct updates are not shown. I have renamed similar files to see if there is a search at all.
The bad news is that it is difficult to get all the files for the old Windows versions and the download links are also missing, so no updates can be installed. 
Here's a little insight into Windows Update v3:

Hey but that's great news, that it checks for updates after 11 years of "retirement" is just amazing (and the backend being completely different from WUv6).
By the way, the problem that WUv4 keeps looking for updates is in top.js, since the sCodeBase line for some reason does not work, and not being able to embed the activeX in default.asp, then change the variable so that it uses the activeX of the 2003 but it says access denied or something like that, but if we manage to make WUv3.1 work even more WUv4 will work.

Regarding your great achievement of kicking the obsolescence of Micro$oft and reviving a site that was closed exactly 11 years ago, what cab files are what makes WUv3.1 work? And are you using the free or paid version of WayBack Machine Downloader?