Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

18 hours ago, maile3241 said:

Now you will probably be at that point where it gets stuck

Yes, I have even tried to host schemas.windowsupdate.com on a second server 2003, but still won't work. 

3 minutes ago, ByQuadCore said:

Yes, I have even tried to host schemas.windowsupdate.com on a second server 2003, but still won't work. 

A big problem is the query strings. The wayback machine downloader saves the query strings as % and strange characters. IIS cannot call them.

Hello all.
Today, with a lot of effort, I managed to get WUv5 to check for updates. Unfortunately, it looks like some files need to be renamed and assigned. This is currently only a test. This time I did not download the files with the wayback machine downloader, but I bought the files from a website. Have a look for yourselves:

yUbmDac.png

URiUvhe.png

u36pzPk.png

Awesome! Yesterday I tried to get v4 working on Linux using apache2 and apacheasp. I renamed all URL codes to the original state, because ext4 can handle ? = and so on in the file system. But still the page=3 won't show up. So I think the wayback machine has not archived the back end of WU. 

Edited by ByQuadCore

12 hours ago, maile3241 said:

Hello all.
Today, with a lot of effort, I managed to get WUv5 to check for updates. Unfortunately, it looks like some files need to be renamed and assigned. This is currently only a test. This time I did not download the files with the wayback machine downloader, but I bought the files from a website. Have a look for yourselves:

yUbmDac.png

URiUvhe.png

u36pzPk.png

Horay! you got it working

12 hours ago, maile3241 said:

Unfortunately, it looks like some files need to be renamed and assigned. This is currently only a test. This time I did not download the files with the wayback machine downloader, but I bought the files from a website.

I decided to do it same as v3, but it is paid version. Also, where do u find the site to download? It is free? 

I have now added resultslist.aspx, but unfortunately the query strings are again the big problem. We have to add these query strings somehow. Without it, it will hardly work. I have also seen that IIS converts the %3df from wayback machine downloader to the correct query strings, but still it doesn't work. 

tjckb5E.png

2 hours ago, ByQuadCore said:

Awesome! Yesterday I tried to get v4 working on Linux using apache2 and apacheasp. I renamed all URL codes to the original state, because ext4 can handle ? = and so on in the file system. But still the page=3 won't show up. So I think the wayback machine has not archived the back end of WU. 

No, it's not free. I bought it here: https://www.waybackmachinedownloader.com/en/

1 hour ago, LonghornXP said:

Horay! you got it working

I decided to do it same as v3, but it is paid version. Also, where do u find the site to download? It is free? 

To come back to that. The creator even writes that it should work with nginx or apache. But he does not mention IIS. 

It will download the last version of every file present on Wayback Machine to ./websites/example.com/. It will also re-create a directory structure and auto-create index.html pages to work seamlessly with Apache and Nginx. All files downloaded are the original ones and not Wayback Machine rewritten versions. This way, URLs and links structure are the same as before.

3 hours ago, LonghornXP said:

Sad, it's paid but this is the only one way to get the WUv3, v4, and v5 being work :(

You can also try the wayback machine downloader. You have to delete the default.aspx and take one below and rename it to default.aspx. After that you open WUv5. It will be in a redirect loop. Now rename splash.aspx to splash1.aspx and look for the page=3. rename it to splash.aspx and click on home in WUv5. After that you can search for updates. I just bought it to share the experience. With the paid version, the files are converted to html and more images are downloaded. 

Edited by maile3241

3 hours ago, maile3241 said:

You can also try the wayback machine downloader. You have to delete the default.aspx and take one below and rename it to default.aspx. After that you open WUv5. It will be in a redirect loop. Now rename splash.aspx to splash1.aspx and look for the page=3. rename it to splash.aspx and click on home in WUv5. After that you can search for updates. I just bought it to share the experience. With the paid version, the files are converted to html and more images are downloaded. 

Doing that on WU v4 will show the correct page, but the searching for updates button does not work.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, maile3241 said:

Hello all.

yUbmDac.png

URiUvhe.png

u36pzPk.png

Using @WULover resultslists.aspx will not work because it is displaying the frontend of the aspx file. The backend is not archived and what you will get if you get it working is a static results list. Since v5 and v6 are almost the same, it would be better to have it request the current https://fe2.update.microsoft.com/v6/ClientWebService/client.asmx rather than that. If you want the backend files, you would have to contact someone who either worked at Microsoft and has those files or contact them directly through support chat. 

45 minutes ago, xpandvistafan said:

Using @WULover resultslists.aspx will not work because it is displaying the frontend of the aspx file. The backend is not archived and what you will get if you get it working is a static results list. Since v5 and v6 are almost the same, it would be better to have it request the current https://fe2.update.microsoft.com/v6/ClientWebService/client.asmx rather than that. If you want the backend files, you would have to contact someone who either worked at Microsoft and has those files or contact them directly through support chat. 

I think not. WUv5 is independent of v6. Sometimes it is displayed:

chDOpaz.png