Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

I think there is a problem with redirect.asp. If I rename redirect.asp%3fUA%3dtrue to redirect.asp it will redirect me to the fe2 site on Win98, if not it will stuck like before. Also redirect.js makes some calls to redirect.asp.

When it all works windows update should be automatically add the directory WindowsUpdate\v4\ to C:\program files and extract the contents of iuctl.CAB in there. 

Edited by ByQuadCore

53 minutes ago, ByQuadCore said:

I think there is a problem with redirect.asp. If I rename redirect.asp%3fUA%3dtrue to redirect.asp it will redirect me to the fe2 site on Win98, if not it will stuck like before. Also redirect.js makes some calls to redirect.asp.

When it all works windows update should be automatically add the directory WindowsUpdate\v4\ to C:\program files and extract the contents of iuctl.CAB in there. 

spacer.png

Hello @ByQuadCore
Welcome to the forum! Try default.asp?&g_sconsumersite that prevents the redirection. Iuctl.cab is installed properly for me.

11 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

Hello @ByQuadCore
Welcome to the forum! Try default.asp?&g_sconsumersite that prevents the redirection. Iuctl.cab is installed properly for me.

Sadly not. With the renamed redirect.asp it will redirect every call to 2fe. Even on default.asp?&g_sconsumersite and default.asp%3fcorporate%3dtrue. Without redirect.asp, it will stuck on searching for the update software like before.

Just now, ByQuadCore said:

Sadly not. With the renamed redirect.asp it will redirect every call to 2fe. Even on default.asp?&g_sconsumersite and default.asp%3fcorporate%3dtrue. Without redirect.asp, it will stuck on searching for the update software like before.

I also changed my file to redirect.asp now and tried it with xp. An error appears here now:

X2WdC8Y.png

Try it in xp. Add http://update.microsoft.com to Trusted Sites and set the security level to high, then it should work.

Still won’t work. Windows Update v4 is hosted on my Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0. On XP SP2+ the redirect makes sense since v4 was only used on XP RTM + SP1. But I don't know why it won't work for me.

1 minute ago, ByQuadCore said:

Still won’t work. Windows Update v4 is hosted on my Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0. On XP SP2+ the redirect makes sense since v4 was only used on XP RTM + SP1. But I don't know why it won't work for me.

Have you already tried this?

T18YuHO.png

On 5/24/2022 at 9:56 PM, maile3241 said:

Okay, weird. Try it with another Xp system with the same settings.

Same error as before. But IE is not crashing this time.

Edited by ByQuadCore

7 minutes ago, ByQuadCore said:

Same error as before. But IE is not crashing this time.

spacer.png

Have you also set the security settings for "Internet" to high? If so, reset them to standard.