Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

Hello all,
There is a big step forward! I have partially managed to get the WUv5 page up. It prompted me to install the ActiveX control. Unfortunately it gets stuck in a loop. But it is possible to access the settings and view the update history with a lot of effort!:cheerleader:

5J57Mq3.png

szxERnT.png

7 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Amazing! Does checking for updates work too now, or this is something you have yet to solve?

No, unfortunately not yet. It gets stuck in a diversion. This is just a test run. But I think we can still fix that too.

40 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

Hello all,
There is a big step forward! I have partially managed to get the WUv5 page up. It prompted me to install the ActiveX control. Unfortunately it gets stuck in a loop. But it is possible to access the settings and view the update history with a lot of effort!:cheerleader:

5J57Mq3.png

szxERnT.png

What command do u use to download the site?

I have found the problem why the splash.asp?page=3 is not callable. It's the query string and it looks like it would be a lot of work to add that. That will also be the reason why it is stuck in the one place in WU v4. We would have to do the same in v5.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, maile3241 said:

I have found the problem why the splash.asp?page=3 is not callable. It's the query string and it looks like it would be a lot of work to add that.

Should we add that?

On 5/23/2022 at 3:22 AM, LonghornXP said:

Should we add that?

Edit: It has to be added in the default.asp and it is very elaborate. I'm sure it's no problem for a programmer, but unfortunately I don't know how to program.

Edited by maile3241

45 minutes ago, maile3241 said:

Yes, I think it needs to be added in the Web.config in IIS. Unfortunately, I don't know how. It is already there in the files of WU. 

a bit edit will work 

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, maile3241 said:

It's the query string and it looks like it would be a lot of work to add that.

it's not a lot, only the web.config

On 5/23/2022 at 3:22 AM, LonghornXP said:

Should we add that?

@LonghornXP I did some more research. You would have to add a code to default.asp that reacts to the query strings. As I said, I don't know how to do that. We need an alternative. For example, we would have to change the url in default.asp (or the js. I'm not sure) to access the individual files directly.

Edited by maile3241