Attempting to install Windows 2000 on an HP 620 laptop with ACPI

I've been trying to install Windows 2000 on a somewhat semi-modern hardware for a while and followed the guide for the installation (https://msfn.org/board/topic/183055-guide-how-to-install-windows-2000-on-intel-sandy-bridge-and-later-with-acpi/). But the only way I could continue the setup was by choosing the "Standard PC" computer type at the setup, without it freezing. If I choose the "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC", setup crashes by giving me a BSOD: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF6063848, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, yet I had blackwingcat's modified ACPI. Is there a way I could possibly fix the issue? Also, just for clarification, here are the specs:

-CPU: Intel Pentium T4500 (2.3 GHz), with 2 cores

-Chipset: Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset

-Memory: 3 GB RAM DDR3, dual channel

-Graphics: integrated (Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD)

Edited by Tripredacus

I slipstreamed an AHCI driver, no result either. But I heard that I should slipstream the extended core patch on the windows 2000 setup itself, i'm not quite sure if that's true. For several times I wanted to slipstream the extended core v16a version by bwc with nLite, that would lead to a "Command line option syntax" error. Thought of trying to slipstream Ximonite's unofficial extended core v16e, it prompted me to verify the architecture, language, or service pack. After clicking ok. it proceeded to "compress cabinets", and slightly reduced the installation's size fsr, so I assumed that it refused to slipstream it if it asked me to verify, because I tested it after.

edit: slipstreamed several other drivers, including bwc's drivers, like "Intel Matrix Storage Manager 7.6 for Windows 2000(Intel 300 Series-type h) and Intel "Rapid Storage Manager 8.9g for Windows 2000 + Extended Core(Intel 300 Series), but slipstreaming the rapid storage manager specifically and running the setup would lead to an error, indicating that "The file iaStor.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue.", then the setup is cancelled.

Edited by Mixarium

• 2 weeks later...

nevermind, found a different iso and that one worked.

overall, when I choose the "ACPI PC" option, it loads up the rest of the setup, and... everything's normal. Got almost all of the drivers installed, except for sound, because IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is unsupported and I don't think there are modified drivers for it. 

Edited by Mixarium

28 minutes ago, Mixarium said:

except for sound, because IDT High Definition Audio CODEC is unsupported and I don't think there are modified drivers for it. 

Try to install Drivers Realtek High Definition Audio R2.22 or R2.82 or R2.72 

Edited by windows2

1 hour ago, Mixarium said:

sry for the late response, but still couldn't get sound to work

On 3/9/2022 at 6:39 PM, Mixarium said:

extended core v16e

So the problem is that the extended core installed , you should to uninstall it and retry to install the Realtek High Definition Audio R2.22 or R2.82 or R2.72 and when the driver is work correctly install v16e again .

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2022 at 12:14 AM, Mixarium said:

nevermind, found a different iso and that one worked.

overall, when I choose the "ACPI PC" option, it loads up the rest of the setup, and... everything's normal.

Which ISO did you have success with? I'm trying to install Windows 2000 on Compaq CQ40-304AU. Even though I disabled AHCI and ACPI 3.0, I'm getting 0x0000007B BSOD. I know my laptop is AMD platform, but I think I'm capable of modifying ISO for my system.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:12 PM, R1600 said:

Which ISO did you have success with? I'm trying to install Windows 2000 on Compaq CQ40-304AU. Even though I disabled AHCI and ACPI 3.0, I'm getting 0x0000007B BSOD. I know my laptop is AMD platform, but I think I'm capable of modifying ISO for my system.

Try this maybe it will solve your problem

https://forum.eclectic4un.me/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=87

and if not , maybe this topic and jakob99 site help you 

Edited by windows2

On 3/8/2022 at 4:42 AM, Mixarium said:

I've been trying to install Windows 2000 on a somewhat semi-modern hardware for a while and followed the guide for the installation (https://msfn.org/board/topic/183055-guide-how-to-install-windows-2000-on-intel-sandy-bridge-and-later-with-acpi/). But the only way I could continue the setup was by choosing the "Standard PC" computer type at the setup, without it freezing. If I choose the "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC", setup crashes by giving me a BSOD: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF6063848, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, yet I had blackwingcat's modified ACPI. Is there a way I could possibly fix the issue? Also, just for clarification, here are the specs:

-CPU: Intel Pentium T4500 (2.3 GHz), with 2 cores

-Chipset: Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset

-Memory: 3 GB RAM DDR3, dual channel

-Graphics: integrated (Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD)

Try the steps here please: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/Windows2000SandyBridge.html

As for IDT Audio, I don't think the Realtek audio driver would work. Someone such as @blackwingcat would need to take a look at the IDT audio files for Windows XP and determine how to backport it to W2k (Maybe @win32 know something too).

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2022 at 9:12 PM, R1600 said:

unfortunately, can't tell you what modified ISO I've used, otherwise, I would get penalized for posting the link to it, since that's against the rules of the forum.

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2022 at 3:59 AM, Mixarium said:

unfortunately, can't tell you what modified ISO I've used, otherwise, I would get penalized for posting the link to it, since that's against the rules of the forum.

You could PM him too.