Modern MineCraft on Windows Vista?

12qa

Is there a way to run modern MineCraft on Windows Vista? I know there is the MultiMC launcher, but it's kinda mediocre, especially when you try to install OptiFine, which is needed if you have not a great computer (like me).

28 minutes ago, Sergiaws said:

maybe the Extended Kernel would be useful for you, you can install Java 17 with it, and Minecraft was made on Java 16 as far as I know

Thank you, I will try that. Do you know about any modern launcher?

I think it depends if you have either a mojang account or a microsoft account. The 1.6.93 legacy launcher only supports mojang accounts, but that'd be a disadvantage to most servers that don't accept cracked accounts. I have a microsoft account and I am using MultiMC for vanilla servers and stuff, as that launcher has recently gotten support for microsoft accounts. tbh, idk what other launchers to recommend, since your consideration of "MultiMC being mediocre". Although I may be missing some launchers I've never really heard about.

Edited by Tripredacus

On 3/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, 12qa said:

No it's not? It doesn't work most of the time.

you basically choose a forge version for the minecraft version you want and then drop the optifine jar in the "mods" folder; you have an option in the right menu to open the instances folder

for minecraft 1.17 and up (maybe even 1.16? idk for sure) you need java 16 which works with the ex. kernel

I played minecraft 1.17 with optifine using multimc last summer 

Edited by winvispixp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The extended Star Wars universe canon includes many thousands of works describing life in a galaxy far, far away, long before the Skywalker dynasty came into existence. We are interested in those inspired not by movies and cartoons but by the KOTOR game series. Another thing you can call it is Minecraft; if you go to minecraft smp servers, you can find romantic mods. I played with my girlfriend; it was the most romantic night.

Edited by DollyRamos

I can confirm that 1.18 and newer hang at loading the world phase

Another weird thing is even on 1.17.1 (which can load worlds fine) I can't connect to any server (even local hosted ones; maybe because I have java 17 installed?)

My guess is that java 17 (which is required by minecraft 1.18 and newer) doesn't work properly on windows vista  (minecraft 1.17.1 requires only java 16) 

Edited by winvispixp