ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

32 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Just to report that I complexly removed the original version and deployed the new one, and everything appears to be still working perfectly!
Great job @AstroSkipper!
:thumbup:worship::thumbup

Thanks a lot for your assessment and opinion! I am glad to hear that. :yes: Have you noticed a change in the appearance, behaviour or responsiveness of the various programs and their windows? :dubbio:

I have to say that I haven't noticed any particular changes, but of course I never saw the original and new versions side by side.
I do have quite a powerful machine, so the original programs would have worked pretty fast I would have thought, I certainly wasn't aware of any unresponsiveness or lag anywhere.
:)

53 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I have to say that I haven't noticed any particular changes, but of course I never saw the original and new versions side by side.
I do have quite a powerful machine, so the original programs would have worked pretty fast I would have thought, I certainly wasn't aware of any unresponsiveness or lag anywhere.

No problem! You're right! On a powerful machine, you probably won't notice a difference. My Windows XP computer is very slow and low on system resources. Therefore, I noticed the changes very clearly. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper

22 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

BTW, do you think that this thread can be locked now?
It doesn't seem to have any future use.
:dubbio:

Yep! I think the thread  https://msfn.org/board/topic/183684-looking-for-a-person-with-python-programming-skills-to-implement-tls-13-functionality-in-proxhttpsproxy-rev3e/  can be locked now. :)  @cmalex is a follower of this thread here, too.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

44 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:
51 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

No problem! You're right! On a powerful machine, you probably won't notice a difference. My Windows XP computer is slow and low on system resources. Therefore, I noticed the changes very clearly. :yes:

BTW, I have also changed the appearance of the message windows in terms of their size and better visibility of their contents. Have you at least noticed that? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

OK, the thread's locked.
I didn't immediately notice that the message boxes had changed, though looking at them again now you mention it, they are a bit bigger than before, which is better for legibility.
Presumably the windows do have to come up on screen large and then shrink to the top left corner?
:yes:

29 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

they are a bit bigger than before

No, quite the opposite!

29 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Presumably the windows do have to come up on screen large and then shrink to the top left corner?
:yes:

Correct! I have reduced the final size of the windows and centred the text inside for a better focus on them. :)

PS: Thanks for locking the other thread! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

3 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Oh, thanks for this method! I will consider using that better. A lot better.

Ok, I decided to do something easier for myself: I put the file "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3.7z" to Downloads folder, unpacked it, then opened the unpacked archive, cut the folder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" and the file "READ ME FIRST!", and pasted them to My Documents folder. I will now test the program package!

10 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Ok, I decided to do something easier for myself: I put the file "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3.7z" to Downloads folder, unpacked it, then opened the unpacked archive, cut the folder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" and the file "READ ME FIRST!", and pasted them to My Documents folder. I will now test the program package!

Alright! To each his own! There are million ways to handle files. I have a download partition, and I don't unpack most of the compressed archives. I open them by double-clicking in the file manager Total Commander and copy needed files or folder to the desired location. :) That works very well with Zip or 7-Zip archives.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Also, since the topic "Looking for a person with Python programming skills to implement TLS 1.3 functionality in ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e" got closed, I recommend you remove the link to it in the "READ ME FIRST!" file, and only keep the link to this topic in the text file, so that people who read this file fully don't get misleaded into replying to a locked topic. :)

Edited by mina7601

Ok, I've tested the new program package (of course I removed the old version first!), and it's working perfectly. I don't notice a change in the behavior, appearance, or responsiveness, only the window size of the configuration program "Configure PopMenu.exe" has changed.

10 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Ok, I've tested the new program package (of course I removed the old version first!), and it's working perfectly. I don't notice a change in the behavior, appearance, or responsiveness, only the window size of the configuration program "Configure PopMenu.exe" has changed.

Your computer is certainly much more powerful than mine. Same as it is the case of  @Dave-H's computer. And, you're absolutely right, the change of Configure PopMenu.exe's window is most noticeable of all. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper