ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

5 hours ago, George King said:

@AstroSkipper Do you still use CMDOW in your script? That's flagged as virus from it's beginning.

Hello @George King! That was the very first action I did! :) I removed unnecessarily embedded files from all self-created programs. But anyway, thanks for the hint! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

Hello to all! Although my program package eventually passed the beta test, I still had to make significant changes due to false positives of several AV scanners:

1. All unnecessarily embedded files have been removed from my self-created executables.
  2. Changes in calling up other programs.
  3. In all my affected programs, protection against code injection has been improved. This leads to preventing of future "space bugs", too!
  4. Different issues which could have been noticed only in very rare cases, have been fixed.
  5. All unnecessary code has been removed.
  6. New bugs I additionally found  have been fixed.
  7. Autostart entries of PopMenu and the new Min2Tray, automatically added to the registry by my configuration program, have been fixed in regards to the "space bug".
  8. All message windows of my programs have been resized and adjusted for a better visibility.
  9. All my self-created program files have been recompiled by using a different compiler.

All these measures have led to a reduction in the number of false positives reported by AV scanners. Now I am testing deeply my program package from scratch. repareordi.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordicolere.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello to all! Although my program package eventually passed the beta test, I still had to make significant changes due to false positives of several AV scanners:

1. All unnecessarily embedded files have been removed.
  2. Changes in calling up other programs.
  3. In all my affected programs, protection against code injection has been improved. This leads to preventing of future "space bugs", too!
  4. Different issues which could have been noticed only in very rare cases, have been fixed.
  5. All unnecessary code has been removed.
  6. New bugs I additionally found  have been fixed.
  7. All my self-created program files have been recompiled by using a different compiler.

All these measures have led to a reduction in the number of false positives reported by AV scanners. Now I am testing deeply my program package from scratch. repareordi.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordicolere.gif

That's a lotta changes!
Anyways, that's awesome, and hopefully the result of your testing becomes positive!

2 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

That's a lotta changes!
Anyways, that's awesome, and hopefully the result of your testing becomes positive!

I do hope so, too! Unfortunately, it's a lot of work. Changing code leads to the need of changing other code, and so on. I modified and cleaned up nearly all self-created programs. And I found bugs which apparently did not occur during the beta test. :dubbio:

9 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

And I found bugs which apparently did not occur during the beta test. 

That's strange, but I'll take it as good, so that we guarantee your program package is fully working! :)

Edited by mina7601

Hello to all again! :hello: The work is almost done. I tested deeply my program package, and what can I say? It's working perfectly without any issues as far as I can see. False positive reports by the etablished and well-known AV scanners have been reduced. ssuper5sur5.gif I am thrilled! :cheerleader: Currently, I am updating the documentation in regards to the changelog. And, there were a lot of changes! And now, a special information to my core beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, and @NotHereToPlayGames! When my package ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 has been released, download it and, please, remove the old installation completely! Do all from scratch! Due to the changes, a simple replacing of files is neither good nor recommended. It could lead to error messages. Too much changes have been done! Furthermore, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is now needed to run my program package. And now the most important thing! I think the release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 will be tomorrow. :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Much better!
:thumbup
I keep meaning to ask you, why do the filenames of Configure PopMenu.exe, and Setup Min2Tray.exe have spaces in them, but the others don't?
Not a problem of course, just wondering if there was a reason for that!
:dubbio:

9 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Much better!
:thumbup
I keep meaning to ask you, why do the filenames of Configure PopMenu.exe, and Setup Min2Tray.exe have spaces in them, but the others don't?
Not a problem of course, just wondering if there was a reason for that!
:dubbio:

Good question! I am the creator, and I really don't know why! interroge.gif But it can be taken as a good test for insensitivity to the "space bug". :buehehe:

Edited by AstroSkipper

Anyway, all Windows XP compatible AV engines on VirusTotal do not generate false positive reports anymore! yes-us.gif And, nearly all established and well-known AV scanners, too! Except Kaspersky, but I never trusted this company in the past, and will never trust it again in terms of security for good and well-known reasons. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

On 8/15/2022 at 12:02 AM, Dave-H said:

There are obviously only a minority of scanners there which show a negative result, and I wonder just how many files are deemed to be completely clean!

Here is the answer:
Virus-Total-Proxy-Pop-Menu-bat-16-08-202
:)
Batch files themselves are less problematic than compiled executables from batch files, especially with hidden windows. :cool:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Here is the answer:

Hmmm... The picture only shows that all which AV engines whitelisted the complete package file "ProxyPopMenu.bat", NOT which files inside the complete package were found to be benign, which, I believe, was what was actually queried by @Dave-H ... :dubbio:

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Batch files itselves

... English lesson of the day! ;) Should've been:

"Batch files themselves" (if you were going to use the plural number ;) ) ...

Thanks for your efforts, BTW!

Edited by VistaLover

5 minutes ago, VistaLover said:
1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Here is the answer:

Hmmm..., the picture only shows which AV engines whitelisted the complete package, NOT which files inside the package were found to be benign, which, I believe, was what was actually queried by @Dave-H ... :dubbio:

The picture shows the complete results of one file which meant to be clean by all of these AV scanners on VirusTotal. @Dave-H had doubted that such a thing even existed if I understood him correctly.

11 minutes ago, VistaLover said:
1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Batch files itselves

... English lesson of the day! ;) Should've been:

"Batch files themselves" (if you were going to use the plural number ;) ) ...

Thanks for the lesson of the day! Nice giveaway! I need that, and as always, you're absolutely right. :whistle: But, as you can see I write most of these posts by myself without using translators. Just to improve my English! :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Thanks for your efforts, BTW!

You're very welcome! :) I do my very best! :yes:

The picture shows the complete results of one file which meant to be clean by all of these AV scanners on VirusTotal.

... Right :)! Like you, I need to put my (presbyopia) glasses on... :whistle:I now see (glasses on) that the VT test refers to "ProxyPopMenu.bat" file...

@Dave-H had doubted that such a thing even existed if I understood him correctly.

He in fact wrote:

On 8/15/2022 at 1:02 AM, Dave-H said:

and I wonder just how many files are deemed to be completely clean!

I write most of these posts by myself without using translators. Just to improve my English!

Which browser is used to post these? Installing an en-US/en-GB dictionary in the browser and enabling spell-checking will flag misspelled English words as you type them, before you make the post public (i.e. submit it); that way, you can still improve your English along the way, but keep your posts (mostly) error-free :)!

E.g. in St52, if I misspell its past tense, "misspelled", it would appear as below:

itlnnNT.jpg

That way, I'm alerted I typed something wrong and then try to correct it!

Edited by VistaLover

10 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

He in fact wrote:

On 8/15/2022 at 12:02 AM, Dave-H said:

and I wonder just how many files are deemed to be completely clean!

And my file can be taken as an example of a completely clean one! Therefore, such files exist!

12 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

Which browser is used to post these? Installing an en-US/en-GB dictionary in the browser and enabling spell-checking will flag misspelled English words as you type them, before you make the post public (i.e. submit it); that way, you can still improve your English along the way, but keep your posts (mostly) error-free :)!

E.g. in St52, if I misspell its past tense, "misspelled", it would appear as below:

itlnnNT.jpg

That way, I'm alerted I typed something wrong and then try to correct it!

Thanks for your tips! A lot of my posts, as for example in this moment, I write in Opera on my Android tablet. This browser version doesn't support extensions or spell-checking. Sometimes, I copy my content in the Deepl app I have recently installed. Much more effective is writing in Mypal 68. There, I have installed the extension Grammar and Spell Checker - LanguageTool:) A perfect tool! I can definitely recommend it. :yes: