ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

9 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

My recommendation is to leave it all in the language English only as it already is.

By this, you mean leave both Settings window and menu items of PopMenu in English language?

7 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

By this, you mean leave both Settings window and menu items of PopMenu in English language?

Yep! The strings of PopMenu's settings window can't be changed unless you'd decompile PopMenu.exe, replace the strings, and recompile it again. The problem is the decompiling, a kind of reverse engineering. In most cases you won't get the complete code. :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

9 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:
16 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Yep! The strings of PopMenu's settings window can't be changed unless you'd decompile PopMenu.exe, replace the strings, and recompile it again. The problem is the decompiling, a kind of reverse engineering. In most cases you won't get the complete code. :no:

I forgot to mention that in some cases you can replace code or images by Resource Hacker. I used it to replace the icon in @cmalex's ProxHTTPSProxy,exe to get back the old, well-known icon of whenever's or @heinoganda's releases. ssupercool2.gif Resource Hacker can recompile such a modified executable. But this won't work with all files. You have to have luck, too. :yes:

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I forgot to mention that in some cases you can replace code or images by Resource Hacker. I used it to replace the icon in @cmalex's ProxHTTPSProxy,exe to get back the old, well-known icon of whenever's or @heinoganda's releases. ssupercool2.gif Resource Hacker can recompile such a modified executable. But this won't work with all files. You have to have luck, too. :yes:

Yes, I know about Resource Hacker very well.

10 hours ago, mina7601 said:

I have a question: When will the beta testing be over? Do you want us as beta testers to do more final tests for you? We can do them for you, if you want. :)

Thank you very much for your offer! smilie-t-006.gif
You can use the proxy and all its features as usual. Maybe, try some you usually don't use or need! In any case, the daily use is a second test, too. This beta test will be ending very soon by a special post of me. But it won't be the last one. :no: The development of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu will go on. :thumbup I hope I can count on you next time, too. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Beta testing of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3

Hello again, my dear beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, @NotHereToPlayGames, @George King, @XPerceniolbonjour2.gif

This was a beta test at its best! One week of testing, fixing code, and checking different scenarios! With very many helpful and exploitable results! You all did a very good job. goodjob.gif But one after the other! First of all, thanks to @XPerceniol for the attempt to test my program package! Unfortunately, his computer did not want to participate in the testing. ordi09.gif It's a pity that this could not be followed up! Next, I would also like to thank @George King for the willingness to test my package in Windows XP Professional x64, which unfortunately could not be done due to personal reasons! vaccin.gif Furthermore, a big thank you to @NotHereToPlayGames for testing, reporting and confirming that my package runs on Windows XP Professional x64, despite private commitments! rockingchair.gif And on it goes! A big thank you to @Dave-H for the continuous testing and reporting, for your advices and support, especially for the correction of my documentation in terms of spelling, punctuation and grammar! faitsesmaths.gif I did my best, but unfortunately, I no longer have reading glasses, I need new ones opticien.gif, and I am not a native English speaker. And finally, a very special, huge thank you to @mina7601 for the in-depth testing, tracking down and confirming bugs, for the continuous reporting and your support! parasol-ordi.gif This is how a beta test provides solid and usable data. Simply great! ssupercool2.gif Anyway, I have to thank you all for your efforts and time commitment! smilie-schild-025.gif This is not something that can be taken for granted! This beta test was absolutely important and also necessary. Five times I had to send additionally corrected versions of different programs to you via PM. An early release of my program package would have been a disaster for sure! repareordi.gif But now, all the problems we found have been fixed, and hopefully there are none left, although programs always contain bugs of some kind. Speaking of bugs, from now on we have a new terminus technicus, the one I christened "space bug". And, I love it sooo much! fluch.gif
Anyway, you guys are a great team unami.gif, and with this post I officially end this beta test. I hope I can count on you next time. :yes: Everything else soon!

Greetings from Germany!  :hello:

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

17 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Beta testing of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3

Hello again, my dear beta testers, @Dave-H, @mina7601, @NotHereToPlayGames, @George King, @XPerceniolbonjour2.gif

This was a beta test at its best! One week of testing, fixing code, and checking different scenarios! With very many helpful and exploitable results! You all did a very good job. goodjob.gif But one after the other! First of all, thanks to @XPerceniol for the attempt to test my program package! Unfortunately, his computer did not want to participate in the testing. ordi09.gif It's a pity that this could not be followed up! Next, I would also like to thank @George King for the willingness to test my package in Windows XP Professional x64, which unfortunately could not be done due to personal reasons! vaccin.gif Furthermore, a big thank you to @NotHereToPlayGames for testing, reporting and confirming that my package runs on Windows XP Professional x64, despite private commitments! rockingchair.gif And on it goes! A big thank you to @Dave-H for the continuous testing and reporting, for your advices and support, especially for the correction of my documentation in terms of spelling, punctuation and grammar! faitsesmaths.gif I did my best, but unfortunately, I no longer have reading glasses, I need new ones opticien.gif, and I am not a native English speaker. And finally, a very special, huge thank you to @mina7601 for the in-depth testing, tracking down and confirming bugs, for the continuous reporting and your support! parasol-ordi.gif This is how a beta test provides solid and usable data. Simply great! ssupercool2.gif Anyway, I have to thank you all for your efforts and time commitment! smilie-schild-025.gif This is not something that can be taken for granted! This beta test was absolutely important and also necessary. Six times I had to send corrected versions of different programs to you via PM. An early release of my program package would have been a disaster for sure! repareordi.gif But now, all the problems we found have been fixed, and hopefully there are none left, although programs always contain bugs of some kind. Speaking of bugs, from now on we have a new terminus technicus, the one I christened "space bug". And, I love it sooo much! fluch.gif
Anyway, you guys are a great team unami.gif, and with this post I officially end this beta test. I hope I can count on you next time. :yes: Everything else soon!

Greetings from Germany!  :hello:

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Thanks! Well, if you want beta testers, you know who to ask! :yes:

I have decided to expand the documentation of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3 with a short explanation of the sixteen menu items based on the experiences from the beta test. Apparently, not all menu items are self-explanatory after all! :no: Thanks for that especially to  @mina7601:yes:

@AstroSkipper Why not create strings language file? You can read current system locale and read strings from TXT / INI based on that. I have done this in POWIS Launcher like this. Here is mapping for all available 24 XP languages (No other MUI support at all, main base is enough). CMD based example taken from my POWIS Launcher (I use inside HTA JS+VBS, but it's really similar to this example)

CMD to read Language settings

REM Language
for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%i in ('REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Nls\Language /v "InstallLanguage"') do (
    if /i "%%i" == "0401" set "SLLP=ar-SA"
    if /i "%%i" == "0404" set "SLLP=zh-TW"
    if /i "%%i" == "0405" set "SLLP=cs-CZ"
    if /i "%%i" == "0406" set "SLLP=da-DK"
    if /i "%%i" == "0407" set "SLLP=de-DE"
    if /i "%%i" == "0408" set "SLLP=el-GR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0409" set "SLLP=en-US"
    if /i "%%i" == "040B" set "SLLP=fi-FI"
    if /i "%%i" == "040C" set "SLLP=fr-FR"
    if /i "%%i" == "040D" set "SLLP=he-IL"
    if /i "%%i" == "040E" set "SLLP=hu-HU"
    if /i "%%i" == "0410" set "SLLP=it-IT"
    if /i "%%i" == "0411" set "SLLP=ja-JP"
    if /i "%%i" == "0412" set "SLLP=ko-KR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0413" set "SLLP=nl-NL"
    if /i "%%i" == "0414" set "SLLP=nb-NO"
    if /i "%%i" == "0415" set "SLLP=pl-PL"
    if /i "%%i" == "0416" set "SLLP=pt-BR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0419" set "SLLP=ru-RU"
    if /i "%%i" == "041D" set "SLLP=sv-SE"
    if /i "%%i" == "041F" set "SLLP=tr-TR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0804" set "SLLP=zh-CN"
    if /i "%%i" == "0816" set "SLLP=pt-PT"
    if /i "%%i" == "0C0A" set "SLLP=es-ES"
)

Language.ini example

en-US.AvailableDriverPacks=DriverPacks available
en-US.Selected=Selected
en-US.Filename=Filename
en-US.Size=Size
en-US.Copying=Copying
en-US.InstallationInProgress=Installation in progress
en-US.WinREButton=Recovery Environment
en-US.CMDButton=Command prompt
en-US.StartButton=Start
en-US.CheckAllButton=Check all
en-US.UnCheckAllButton=Uncheck all
en-US.SetupType=Setup type
en-US.SetupFile=Setup file
en-US.Unattended=Unattended configuration
en-US.WithoutUnatteded=Without configuration
en-US.XP2ESDSetup=XP2ESD Setup
en-US.StandardSetup=Standard Windows Setup
en-US.Options=Options
en-US.DynamicDrivers=Dynamic drivers folder
en-US.DynamicDriversTip=Integrate drivers from drivers folder on setup media into deployed system before first boot
en-US.DefaultPartition=Custom partition ID
en-US.DefaultPartitionTip=Specify custom boot partition ID for Windows XP / 2003, usefull for custom multi-boot installations
en-US.PAEPatch=PAE Patch
en-US.PAEPatchTip=Remove 4GB RAM limit on 32bit systems 
en-US.SkipOOBE=Skip OOBE
en-US.SkipOOBETip=Boot directly to desktop under Administrator account
en-US.NoReboot=Noreboot
en-US.NoRebootTip=Do not reboot

de-DE.AvailableDriverPacks=DriverPacks verfügbar
de-DE.Selected=ausgewählt
de-DE.Filename=Dateiname
de-DE.Size=Größe
de-DE.Copying=Kopieren
de-DE.InstallationInProgress=Installation wird durchgeführt
de-DE.WinREButton=Wiederherstellungsumgebung
de-DE.CMDButton=Eingabeaufforderung
de-DE.StartButton=Start
de-DE.CheckAllButton=Alles anwählen
de-DE.UnCheckAllButton=Alles abwählen
de-DE.SetupType=Installationtyp
de-DE.SetupFile=Installationdatei
de-DE.Unattended=Konfigurationsdatei für unbeaufsichtigte Installation
de-DE.WithoutUnatteded=Ohne Konfigurationsdatei
de-DE.XP2ESDSetup=XP2ESD Setup
de-DE.StandardSetup=Standard Windows Setup
de-DE.Options=Optionen
de-DE.DynamicDrivers=Dynamischer Treiberordner
de-DE.DynamicDriversTip=Treiber aus dem Treiberordner des Installationsmediums vor dem ersten Start in das bereitgestellte System integrieren
de-DE.DefaultPartition=Benutzerdefinierte Partitions-ID
de-DE.DefaultPartitionTip=Benutzerdefinierte Partitions-ID für Windows XP/Server 2003 angeben, nützlich für Multiboot-Installationen
de-DE.PAEPatch=PAE-Patch
de-DE.PAEPatchTip=Entfernung der 4GB-Arbeitsspeicherbegrenzung auf 32-Bit-Systemen
de-DE.SkipOOBE=OOBE überspringen
de-DE.SkipOOBETip=Direkt in den Desktop unter dem Administratorkonto starten
de-DE.NoReboot=Kein Neustart
de-DE.NoRebootTip=Nicht neu starten

Of course there are hardcoded strings inside file when there is no Language.ini. I hope you can take inspiration from that :)

Edited by George King

3 minutes ago, George King said:

@AstroSkipper Why not create strings language file? You can read current system locale and read strings from TXT / INI based on that. I have done this in POWIS Launcher like this. Here is mapping for all available 24 XP languages (No other MUI support at all, main base is enough). CMD based example taken from my POWIS Launcher (I use inside HTA JS+VBS, but it's really similar to this example)

CMD to read Language settings

REM Language
for /f "tokens=3 delims= " %%i in ('REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Nls\Language /v "InstallLanguage"') do (
    if /i "%%i" == "0401" set "SLLP=ar-SA"
    if /i "%%i" == "0404" set "SLLP=zh-TW"
    if /i "%%i" == "0405" set "SLLP=cs-CZ"
    if /i "%%i" == "0406" set "SLLP=da-DK"
    if /i "%%i" == "0407" set "SLLP=de-DE"
    if /i "%%i" == "0408" set "SLLP=el-GR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0409" set "SLLP=en-US"
    if /i "%%i" == "040B" set "SLLP=fi-FI"
    if /i "%%i" == "040C" set "SLLP=fr-FR"
    if /i "%%i" == "040D" set "SLLP=he-IL"
    if /i "%%i" == "040E" set "SLLP=hu-HU"
    if /i "%%i" == "0410" set "SLLP=it-IT"
    if /i "%%i" == "0411" set "SLLP=ja-JP"
    if /i "%%i" == "0412" set "SLLP=ko-KR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0413" set "SLLP=nl-NL"
    if /i "%%i" == "0414" set "SLLP=nb-NO"
    if /i "%%i" == "0415" set "SLLP=pl-PL"
    if /i "%%i" == "0416" set "SLLP=pt-BR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0419" set "SLLP=ru-RU"
    if /i "%%i" == "041D" set "SLLP=sv-SE"
    if /i "%%i" == "041F" set "SLLP=tr-TR"
    if /i "%%i" == "0804" set "SLLP=zh-CN"
    if /i "%%i" == "0816" set "SLLP=pt-PT"
    if /i "%%i" == "0C0A" set "SLLP=es-ES"
)

Language.ini example

en-US.AvailableDriverPacks=DriverPacks available
en-US.Selected=Selected
en-US.Filename=Filename
en-US.Size=Size
en-US.Copying=Copying
en-US.InstallationInProgress=Installation in progress
en-US.WinREButton=Recovery Environment
en-US.CMDButton=Command prompt
en-US.StartButton=Start
en-US.CheckAllButton=Check all
en-US.UnCheckAllButton=Uncheck all
en-US.SetupType=Setup type
en-US.SetupFile=Setup file
en-US.Unattended=Unattended configuration
en-US.WithoutUnatteded=Without configuration
en-US.XP2ESDSetup=XP2ESD Setup
en-US.StandardSetup=Standard Windows Setup
en-US.Options=Options
en-US.DynamicDrivers=Dynamic drivers folder
en-US.DynamicDriversTip=Integrate drivers from drivers folder on setup media into deployed system before first boot
en-US.DefaultPartition=Custom partition ID
en-US.DefaultPartitionTip=Specify custom boot partition ID for Windows XP / 2003, usefull for custom multi-boot installations
en-US.PAEPatch=PAE Patch
en-US.PAEPatchTip=Remove 4GB RAM limit on 32bit systems 
en-US.SkipOOBE=Skip OOBE
en-US.SkipOOBETip=Boot directly to desktop under Administrator account
en-US.NoReboot=Noreboot
en-US.NoRebootTip=Do not reboot

de-DE.AvailableDriverPacks=DriverPacks verfügbar
de-DE.Selected=ausgewählt
de-DE.Filename=Dateiname
de-DE.Size=Größe
de-DE.Copying=Kopieren
de-DE.InstallationInProgress=Installation wird durchgeführt
de-DE.WinREButton=Wiederherstellungsumgebung
de-DE.CMDButton=Eingabeaufforderung
de-DE.StartButton=Start
de-DE.CheckAllButton=Alles anwählen
de-DE.UnCheckAllButton=Alles abwählen
de-DE.SetupType=Installationtyp
de-DE.SetupFile=Installationdatei
de-DE.Unattended=Konfigurationsdatei für unbeaufsichtigte Installation
de-DE.WithoutUnatteded=Ohne Konfigurationsdatei
de-DE.XP2ESDSetup=XP2ESD Setup
de-DE.StandardSetup=Standard Windows Setup
de-DE.Options=Optionen
de-DE.DynamicDrivers=Dynamischer Treiberordner
de-DE.DynamicDriversTip=Treiber aus dem Treiberordner des Installationsmediums vor dem ersten Start in das bereitgestellte System integrieren
de-DE.DefaultPartition=Benutzerdefinierte Partitions-ID
de-DE.DefaultPartitionTip=Benutzerdefinierte Partitions-ID für Windows XP/Server 2003 angeben, nützlich für Multiboot-Installationen
de-DE.PAEPatch=PAE-Patch
de-DE.PAEPatchTip=Entfernung der 4GB-Arbeitsspeicherbegrenzung auf 32-Bit-Systemen
de-DE.SkipOOBE=OOBE überspringen
de-DE.SkipOOBETip=Direkt in den Desktop unter dem Administratorkonto starten
de-DE.NoReboot=Kein Neustart
de-DE.NoRebootTip=Nicht neu starten

Of course there are hardcoded strings inside file when there is no Language.ini. I hope you can take inspiration from that :)

Hello @George King! Thanks for your request and tips! At the moment, support for multiple languages is not envisaged. I will look into this in due course, but English is an international language and, in my opinion, quite sufficient. :) But anyway, thanks for that!

Cheers, AstroSkipper :hello:

43 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hello @George King! Thanks for your request and tips! At the moment, support for multiple languages is not envisaged. I will look into this in due course, but English is an international language and, in my opinion, quite sufficient. :) But anyway, thanks for that!

For information only! At the moment, my focus is on the publication of my program package and further development with regard to optimal use and user-friendliness. Everything else I will put to the test later. :yes:

57 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

5 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

For information only! At the moment, my focus is on the publication of my program package and further development with regard to optimal use and user-friendliness. Everything else I will put to the test later. :yes:

I hope you do not put it too late though, you know that the world is not only English speaking, but multilingual! :)