ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

Hello again, my dear beta testers, @Dave-H@mina7601@NotHereToPlayGames!
I modified the file ActivateProxy.exe to work as it should. :yes: If an user decides to edit the config.ini and change the FrontPort setting for some reasons, then my program ActivateProxy.exe will now activate the port value which has really been set in the configuration file config.ini. Please, replace the old file by the new one and test it! Edit the value of the parameter FrontPort, e.g., FrontPort = 8089, in the file config.ini.and execute my program ActivateProxy.exe or StartProxy.exe! Check if the new value has been set correctly by executing OpenLANSet.exe! You can do all that via the popmenu. Don't forget to set the FrontPort back to the old, well-known value of 8079 in the file config.ini after testing! I'll send you the download link of the modified version via PM as usual in the next minutes. link.gif
In any case, the settings in the configuration file config.ini of ProxHTTPSProxy will be respected and applied again. :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

28 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Final tests to see if there are bugs or not?

Yes, of course! Test whatever you want to test! :yes: Or simply, check all! :thumbup And, BTW, you are doing a great job here! goodjob.gif 
(Sorry, no smiley here with the sign "GREAT JOB"!lol6.gif)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

48 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Yes, of course! Test whatever you want to test! :yes: Or simply, check all! :thumbup And, BTW, you are doing a great job here! goodjob.gif 
(Sorry, no smiley here with the sign "GREAT JOB"!lol6.gif)

Thanks, lol. And from my testing right now, there are no bugs so far. It's all great.

Edited by mina7601

On 8/4/2022 at 9:36 PM, Dave-H said:

The setup doesn't seem to add the path to the files to the PATH environment variable.
I assume it's not needed. I'm not sure why I had an entry for it there, I guess I added it manually for some reason.
I doubt that @heinoganda's version of the proxy needed it, but I'm not certain of that.
:dubbio:

I really need reading glasses. :crazy: glass2.gif  I didn't read it correctly. Sorry! To clarify your assumption, @heinoganda's version doesn't need the manual setting of PATH variables and didn't have any setup. My package has a configuration utility which doesn't add PATH variables, either. :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

On 8/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, AstroSkipper said:

What kind of strings do you want to translate? The strings of the program inside the window Settings or the menu items of PopMenu:dubbio:

I know I am not @George King, but I am gonna assume it's the latter: he wants to translate strings of the menu items of PopMenu.

42 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I know I am not @George King, but I am gonna assume it's the latter: he wants to translate strings of the menu items of PopMenu.

Very funny! :buehehe: You have simply to replace them by the desired language in the Settings of PopMenu:yes: No chance of more than one language, unfortunately! :no: Unless, you provide several versions of the file PopMenu.ini in different languages. But, only one of them can be loaded at a time.jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

5 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Just ran "Fix5" and all working here on XP SP2 x64  :thumbup

Thanks for your confirmation!  My last remaining beta tester concurs with the findings of the others. Very good! :thumbup As I already said to @mina7601, the programming of ActivateProxy.exe was a bit more complicated. Anyway, glad it works for you, too! :yes:

11 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:
11 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Very funny! :buehehe: You have simply to replace them by the desired language in the Settings of PopMenu:yes: No chance of more than one language, unfortunately! :no: Unless, you provide several versions of the file PopMenu.ini in different languages. But, only one of them can be loaded at a time.jexplique.gif

The strings inside PopMenu.exe can't be replaced easily. :no: The program is a compiled executable. My recommendation is to leave it all in the language English only as it already is. :yes:  So that it remains consistent, of course! :)
Cheers, AstroSkipper fumeur2.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content