ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

20 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Two programs had to be fixed, the program Configure PopMenu.exe by cleaning its code in regards to the space bug, and the program EnableProxSysWide.exe which incorrectly calls the old start program ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe instead of StartProxy.exe. I'll send you the download link of the fixed versions via PM as usual in the next minutes. link.gif Please, check if they work properly! :)

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Knock knock, @AstroSkipper, they work properly! Configure PopMenu.exe no longer gives me an error when opening it, and EnableProxSysWide.exe calls up the right program, StartProxy.exe.

Edited by mina7601

Just to make sure I have everything.  Are these "all" of our beta-test files?

1)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3.7z
2)  Documentation of ProxHTTPSProxy.docx
3)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3_Fix2.7z
4)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3_Fix3.7z
5)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3_Fix4.7z

6 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Just to make sure I have everything.  Are these "all" of our beta-test files?

1)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3.7z
2)  Documentation of ProxHTTPSProxy.docx
3)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3_Fix2.7z
4)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3_Fix3.7z
5)  ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3_Fix4.7z

Hello @NotHereToPlayGames! Yep! That's all! Thought you wouldn't be around here anymore. Any news for me?  BTW, the docx file is none of my files, it's the corrected version from @Dave-H.

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

Hello again, my dear beta testers, @Dave-H@mina7601@NotHereToPlayGames!
I forgot to mention a very important thing! Do not change the FrontPort setting 8079 of ProxHTTPSProxy in its configuration file config.ini! I've programmed the automatic activation to use this well-known standard port of ProxHTTPSProxy each time StartProxy.exe is executed. Also in the versions of @heinoganda this port was always the default. I think the users never changed it in the past. :no: It would be a bit more complicated (but not impossible) to check and import this setting directly by a query of my program ActivateProxy.exe each time when it is executed. Anyway, I will add this information to the documentation and think about it the next days. thinking.gif
Furthermore, I would like to ask you to do your final tests. As far as I can see the beta test is slowly coming to an end! :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

55 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Do not change the ports of ProxHTTPSProxy in its configuration file config.ini! I've programmed the automatic activation to use these well-known standard ports of ProxHTTPSProxy each time StartProxy.exe is executed. These ports always were the standard in @heinoganda's versions, too. I think the users never changed them in the past. :no: It would be a bit more complicated (but not impossible) to check and import these settings directly by a query of my program ActivateProxy.exe each time when it is executed. Anyway, I will add this information to the documentation and think about it the next days. thinking.gif

@Dave-H, @mina7601@NotHereToPlayGames What do you think about that? :dubbio: Did you ever change these port settings? vertsennuie.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

14 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I never touch it anyway, so, this shouldn't be a problem for me.

Thanks for your quick reply and your opinion! I think so, too. But I am a mathematician, and somehow, it bothers me. broyernoir2.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

25 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:
35 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I never touch it anyway, so, this shouldn't be a problem for me.

Thanks for your quick reply and your opinion! I think so, too. But I am a mathematician, and somehow, it bothers me. broyernoir2.gif

If an user decides to edit the config.ini and change the FrontPort setting despite my hint not to do that, or it has to be changed for some reasons, then my program ActivateProxy.exe will activate the wrong port. And I don't really like that so much. :no: What do you think about such a scenario? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

12 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I can't imagine why anyone would need to change the port, unless it was already being used by something else which couldn't be changed.
I think that's very unlikely.
:)

Do you mean that I should leave it as it is? :dubbio: I know you don't like that kind of inconsistency, either. Isn't it? :whistle:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Well if it's easy to have the flexibility to change the port I would say why not, but I certainly don't think it's an essential feature, and not worth going to a lot of trouble over.
:)

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Well if it's easy to have the flexibility to change the port I would say why not, but I certainly don't think it's an essential feature, and not worth going to a lot of trouble over.

I'll try to change that. :yes: I hate such inconsistencies. :realmad: If you edit the config.ini in my popmenu, the changes should have an effect and work in any cases I think. :yes: I am not a professional but a hobby batch programmer. But I know a programmer has to think of all cases which could happen. :)

Edited by Dave-H
Spurious line in quote removed