ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

2 minutes ago, kuja killer said:

Hhmm i see...but im curious...is this "chrome 360" the same as the original chrome but a higher version ? if so, then i worry it will give me the same BSOD issue i briefly mentioned above with the regular chrome 49 (last version for windows xp)

I only use windows xp pro 32 bit. I dont ever want to use 7 or higher for my own personal reasons even though im aware of the negative consequences. I'm still on my Dell Latitude D620 laptop by the way since 2010 to this very day still. - Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33 GHZ, intel graphics, SSD -- The other laptop in that M6400 thread i talked about i officially quit and gave up on that worthless thing cause of it's stupid Sound issue.

And i meant about the "Twitch" chats (the popout version i showed) not working anymore in firefox 52.9.1 (not twitter since thats fine thankfully) - does that work in that chrome 360 or the mypal ?? I'm sorry if i de-railed your thread.

Try these versions here: 

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

On 5/22/2022 at 10:10 AM, AstroSkipper said:

Your 360Chrome editions are definitely great. Unfortunately v13 and higher are problematic in my system. Version v11 works very well, but some more recent sites are not working properly. The main problem is that those sites are crap. As I already mentioned I try to avoid them. The good is we have different browser and the possibility to selectively use them regarding to our needs in Windows XP.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Yeah, I use Arctic Foxie 360 V11 and Serpent 2nd (though I rely on Serpent mostly nowadays from Roy out of habit) ... it doesn't bother me to have 3 browsers, but that is my limit.

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

it doesn't bother me to have 3 browsers, but that is my limit.

Not me!  ONE is my limit!  Too much of the web has migrated to polyfill shenanigans that I've opted to revert from 360Chrome v11 to v13 build 2206.  Just too much of a d#mn hassle to maintain browser profiles to have to do it for more than ONE.

The only way I'd ever use "multiple" browser is if I did not use uMatrix + Tampermonkey + Proxomitron (replaces NoScript for my needs) + Stylus.

If it were only about maintaining bookmarks, that would be one thing, but some times I feel like it's a full time job (8hr/day) just to maintain ONE browser profile.

8hr day times 3 browsers  --  that's 24hrs per day.  Nope, not gonna happen!

Just a reminder! This thread here is about our proxies ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy. All discussions about browsers relating to these proxies are welcome! But general considerations of browsers should be done in browser related threads! Otherwise, we were totally off-topic and that wouldn't be good! :no:

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Hi to all people who are using a computer with a SSE only CPU or whose OS is Windows XP Professional 64Bit!
In these cases you have to use the original release of  ProxHTTPSProxyMII 1.3a (20150527), when you need to establish such a connection. Now I would like to know whether there is an interest in an updated and modified package of this version. One of my computers has an AthonXP 3200+ CPU with SSE instruction set only and therefore I have modified the mentioned package by including a launcher as it is in HTTPSProxy's package. The result is a proxy which can be served in the same way as it is in case of HTTPSProxy. All functions are available via systray icon and can be accessed comfortably.
Let me know by commenting and reacting whether there is such an interest!  mail.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper  matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

IMHO a build with updated libs (openssl, urllib, etc.) would be best. 

The launcher is an useful addition, but is not the main feature of a proxy :P

P.S. it's fine on my end as it is, don't let my words affect your decision.

On 5/31/2022 at 6:50 PM, RainyShadow said:

IMHO a build with updated libs (openssl, urllib, etc.) would be best. 

The launcher is an useful addition, but is not the main feature of a proxy :P

P.S. it's fine on my end as it is, don't let my words affect your decision.

Thanks for your reply and your wish! If you knew a person with Python programming skills, it would be great. Three TLS 1.3 ciphers have to be added to existing package of REV3e. Its openssl version 1.1.1d already supports TLS 1.3. In case of ProxHTTPSProxyMII 1.3a (20150527) much more needs to be done to implement TLS 1.3 support. I can only do what I am able to, regarding my skills. Unfortunately I am not a Python programmer. Sorry! jexplique.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper surmene.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

Update notification! loisir9.gif

Both versions of my Root Certificate and Revoked Certificate Updater have been updated and are now of 05/24/2022. You can find them in section Downloads -> Latest Downloads -> Downloads related to Root Certificate Updates in the first post of this thread.

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

In the need of a person with Python programming skills! jumelles.gif

We need a person with Python programming skills to implement TLS 1.3 and its ciphers to the latest version REV3e of ProxHTTPSProxy. Three ciphers associated with TLS 1.3 have to be added to existing package of REV3e. Its OpenSSL version 1.1.1d already supports TLS 1.3. To assess whether such a project can be realized, the source code can be viewed first, of course. This is the download link of ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e's source codehttps://www.mediafire.com/file/s9027bdxffodbna/cryptography-2.8-py3.4_openssl-1.1.1d.rar/filelink.gif
All information about ProxHTTPSProxy can be found in the first post of this thread: 

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome! If there is such a person, I'll be pleased to get your opinion whether such a project is possible or not. I personally cannot estimate the scope and the effort required for such a project, since I unfortunately do not have any knowledge in the Python programming language.  jexplique.gif That's the reason for this call. The goal is to get a proxy with the most recent protocol and its ciphers in Windows XP and to future-proof this OS.
Thanks in advance! mains.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 6/14/2022 at 11:26 AM, AstroSkipper said:

In the need of a person with Python programming skills! jumelles.gif

We need a person with Python programming skills to implement TLS 1.3 and its ciphers to the latest version REV3e of ProxHTTPSProxy. Three ciphers associated with TLS 1.3 have to be added to existing package of REV3e. Its openssl version 1.1.1d already supports TLS 1.3. To assess whether such a project can be realized, the source code can be viewed first, of course. This is the download link of ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e's source codehttps://www.mediafire.com/file/s9027bdxffodbna/cryptography-2.8-py3.4_openssl-1.1.1d.rar/filelink.gif
All information about ProxHTTPSProxy can be found in the first post of this thread: 

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome! If there is such a person, I'll be pleased to get your opinion whether such a project is possible or not. I personally cannot estimate the scope and the effort required for such a project, since I unfortunately do not have any knowledge in the Python programming language.  jexplique.gif That 's the reason for this call. The goal is to get a proxy with the most recent protocol and its ciphers in Windows XP and to future-proof this OS.
Thanks in advance! mains.gif

Kind regards, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

To make sure that as many as possible can read this call, I will create a separate thread for it.

Cheers, AstroSkipper internet3.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

To make sure that as many as possible can read this call, I will create a separate thread for it.

While it has seen little activity as of late :dubbio:, it wouldn't hurt, IMHO, to also post in the Programming MSFN subforum :sneaky:; OTOH, posting multiple copies of the same "plea" should, in general, be avoided (Forum Rules -> Posting Guidelines -> 2.a) ...

Kindest regards :)

21 hours ago, VistaLover said:

While it has seen little activity as of late :dubbio:, it wouldn't hurt, IMHO, to also post in the Programming MSFN subforum :sneaky:; OTOH, posting multiple copies of the same "plea" should, in general, be avoided (Forum Rules -> Posting Guidelines -> 2.a) ...

Kindest regards :)

Thanks for both hints! I changed my post in this thread, a bit. Now they are not identical, right? sclindoeil.gif And first, I'll try to post my call in this forum only. Unfortunately, there isn't much hope, though.

Kindest regards, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Update notification! update.gif

Both versions of my Root Certificate and Revoked Certificate Updater have been updated and are now of 06/28/2022. You can find them in section Downloads -> Latest Downloads -> Downloads related to Root Certificate Updates in the first post of this thread.

Cheers, AstroSkipper ecrire-ordi.gif

I hadn't had much hope that this would happen. But, from now on, we definitely have a proxy with TLS 1.3 protocol support targeting Windows XP. yes-us.gif More details can be found in my thread: 

I'll keep you informed.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Hi @cmalex and all interested users of ProxHTTPSProxy!
At the moment, I am working on a full implementation of @cmalex's ProxyMII in my PopMenu. As I stated several times, I am not a Python programmer, but rather a batch programmer. The most is working fine, so far. I wrote small programs to activate or deactivate the proxy in the IE LAN settings. No problem at all. I was also able to create two other programs, one of which activates the proxy in the IE LAN settings and runs the proxy, the other closes the proxy and deactivates the proxy in the IE LAN settings, in both cases automatically. Works! But there is one problem. The launcher of ProxMII does not activate or deactivate the proxy in the IE LAN settings by itself. @heinoganda provided the executable ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe which activates the proxy in the IE LAN settings, runs the proxy, and, closing the proxy manually, leads to its deactivation in the IE LAN settings automatically. Unfortunately, such an executable does not exist in the archive of @cmalex's ProxyMII. This means closing the proxy manually does not deactivate its settings in the IE LAN settings. Same problem when starting the proxy manually. @heinoganda created ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe as a SFX archive which performs the activation or deactivation by using his batch file ProxySwitch.bat. You see all is a bit complicated, and once @Dave-H mentioned @heinoganda was an one man band without other contributors. Therefore, we'll presumably never know how he created the ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe. Of course, it's not necessary to have such a file, but it is really nice to see that the proxy is activated or deactivated in the IE LAN settings  when starting or closing the proxy. I examined the file ProxHTTPSProxy_PSwitch.exe, I wrote several batch files to get this functionality. Unfortunately, without any success.I tried the commands "start /wait" and "call", but it doesn't work.
So, here is my question to all having knowledge in batch programming. What kind of ways do exist to start an executable in a batch file, and after closing it manually, to perform the next tasks in this batch? As I already said, the command start /wait does not work in the case of this proxy. It leads to ^C interruption and the batch can't perform the next tasks. I need some suggestions to solve the problem or the confirmation that this can't be solved using batch programming. I think the problem is that there is no compiled main program. The proxy is called by the program python37.exe, loading a py file. This is the existing command to start the proxy: python\python37 "%~dp0ProxHTTPSProxy.py", contained in the file ProxHTTPSProxy.bat. There is still an alternative file to start the proxy named ProxHTTPSProxy.exe. Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper