ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

Hello, i have a few questions to ask reguarding your program. And i apoligize if this is not the appropriate thread to ask in specifically. I saw this thread about how it helps to load websites in IE 8 and such. First, is this only meant for IE8 specifically ? Or can it work with firefox 52.9.1 too ?? If not, then my next questions are probably irrevelant to your program, but i'll still ask. :(

So just sometime yesterday or friday night, Twitch posted this message on their twitter that the chat window on twitch streams (and the "popout chat" verision) wasn't working apparently. And then that they fixed it... well i wasnt ever effected as it was working fine 100% fine for me while watching some people's streams earlier in the day on Friday afternoon.

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1527748040601350144

But now friday night immediately after this tweet...twitch chats no longer ever load anymore in firefox 52.9.1 ever since....and they obviously arent goinig to do crap about it. I mean the site will load...but the actual chat wont anymore, for example here (i've been watching this person for many years with no problem)

https://www.twitch.tv/popout/kuumba_/chat

It just shows "stream chat" at the top of screen, but wont ever load it for reals period. :( There so called "fix" scam according to twitter instead permenately "broke" it in firefox now...i know they are NOT going to respond to me about this, or bother to fix it again..

I did EVERYTHING i possibly could with the "spoof user agent" tricks like windows 10 + edge version 100.. latest chrome, ipad, samsung galaxy phones, all kinds of different things and nothing makes a difference

So i wondered if your program "proxy https" will work with twitch chat ? Or is something entirly different ?? :(

Also this site stopped working for a couple months ago too which i had bookmarked and am very depressed about, a online translator site called "deep L" which i always used for japanese to english translations no longer works either in firefox 52.9.1

https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

All i would do is just copy-paste text on the box and it automatically pops up on the right box...but it doesnt work anymore. :( again, the site loads at the very least, but  the 2 boxes on the screen wont function. I dont have any add-ons blocking anything, "noscript" is turned off...everything like that, i double checked everything, clearing cookies/cache doesnt help, etc. And i do have the latest certificates with the "update certificates 1.6" program which i run every once in awhile. i forget what it was called.

Does your proxy http program affect eitiher of these 2 sites by any chance ?? :( (twitch chat and deep L translator)

Edited by kuja killer

1 hour ago, kuja killer said:

Hello, i have a few questions to ask reguarding your program. And i apoligize if this is not the appropriate thread to ask in specifically. I saw this thread about how it helps to load websites in IE 8 and such. First, is this only meant for IE8 specifically ? Or can it work with firefox 52.9.1 too ?? If not, then my next questions are probably irrevelant to your program, but i'll still ask. :(

So just sometime yesterday or friday night, Twitch posted this message on their twitter that the chat window on twitch streams (and the "popout chat" verision) wasn't working apparently. And then that they fixed it... well i wasnt ever effected as it was working fine 100% fine for me while watching some people's streams earlier in the day on Friday afternoon.

https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1527748040601350144

But now friday night immediately after this tweet...twitch chats no longer ever load anymore in firefox 52.9.1 ever since....and they obviously arent goinig to do crap about it. I mean the site will load...but the actual chat wont anymore, for example here (i've been watching this person for many years with no problem)

https://www.twitch.tv/popout/kuumba_/chat

It just shows "stream chat" at the top of screen, but wont ever load it for reals period. :( There so called "fix" scam according to twitter instead permenately "broke" it in firefox now...i know they are NOT going to respond to me about this, or bother to fix it again..

I did EVERYTHING i possibly could with the "spoof user agent" tricks like windows 10 + edge version 100.. latest chrome, ipad, samsung galaxy phones, all kinds of different things and nothing makes a difference

So i wondered if your program "proxy https" will work with twitch chat ? Or is something entirly different ?? :(

Also this site stopped working for a couple months ago too which i had bookmarked and am very depressed about, a online translator site called "deep L" which i always used for japanese to english translations no longer works either in firefox 52.9.1

https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

All i would do is just copy-paste text on the box and it automatically pops up on the right box...but it doesnt work anymore. :( again, the site loads at the very least, but  the 2 boxes on the screen wont function. I dont have any add-ons blocking anything, "noscript" is turned off...everything like that, i double checked everything, clearing cookies/cache doesnt help, etc.

Does your proxy http program affect eitiher of these 2 sites by any chance ?? :( (twitch chat and deep L translator)

Hi @kuja killer, first of all ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy are not my programs. The creators are @heinoganda and @Thomas S., two members of MSFN who haven't been here for a long time. All information about these proxies you can find in my article "ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use" here: 

In this article a lot of your questions will be answered. You can use these proxies with any browsers, but that doesn't always make sense. Both proxies provide TLS 1.2 protocol where it is missing, for example in IE8. Read first post and you will understand! By the way my project is ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1 which is described in this post: 

The goal of this thread is to ensure that these proxies will do their job in the future. That's the reason why I maintain them. Regarding to your problems you have to use more recent browsers like Mypal 68 or one of the 360Chrome editions. You can't solve your problem using one of these proxies. But as already mentioned read my article and a lot of your questions will be answered! Cheers, AstroSkipper acharne.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Ah man i was afraid of that. :( I did actually happen to look at this thread's details about 1 week ago or so, and i saw how you were posting frequent updates about your upcoming popmenu in the system tray down in taskbar. Some of my internet explorer bookmarks that i visit everyday for years no longer worked "page cant be disaplyed" this year...and then exactly 1 week ago another one happened and i was like "i cant take it anymore, this isn't fair" ..then i found your thread here, tried the proxy1.5 rev 3e - and now all my bookmarks work like normal again, so that's all i needed.

I'm just really feeling bummed out that just "now" twitch chat is broken in firefox since that's been part of my life for 5 years or so. I've never used any other browsers ever before except that and IE 8

i used to have the last "chrome 49" as a backup option, but i stay away from that cause it causes random "kernel32.dll" BSODs only when closing the stupid browser. (like X button in top right corner for example) or right clicking in taskbar and "close" and other method so i got rid of that.

I'll try to look at "mypal" sometime real soon. :(

Edited by kuja killer

12 minutes ago, kuja killer said:

I'll try to look at "mypal" sometime real soon. :(

Try Mypal 68! It's really great and works well with modern sites which don't load in old browsers. Did you try New Moon 28 or Serpent 52? Maybe they are enough for you. But it depends on your OS and your hardware conditions too.

Cheers, AstroSkipper surmene.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Try Mypal 68! It's really great and works well with modern sites which don't load in old browsers.

Not true!  My water bill pay site is always my test and it requires 360Chrome v13 or higher.  It does not work in Mypal 68!

34 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not true!  My water bill pay site is always my test and it requires 360Chrome v13 or higher.  It does not work in Mypal 68!

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Regarding to your problems you have to use more recent browsers like Mypal 68 or one of the 360Chrome editions.

Hi @NotHereToPlayGames, I already recommended 360Chrome too. So keep cool and don't be sad!  tristesse2.gif And by the way one example does not mean anything! A lot of modern sites do work in Mypal 68. But in 360Chrome too, of course! I don't use 360Chrome v13 or higher, only v11 due to my hardware limitations. The versions v13 and higher are resource hogs. So, no way for me.

Cheers, AstroSkipper surrender.gif

I even discovered that a website does not work in Mypal 68, but works in Firefox 52.9.0 ESR with a warning at the top. This was test on a clean Mypal profile.

screenshot.png

PS: And yes, I am already aware that this thread is not for reporting websites that don't work in new browsers.

12 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I even discovered that a website does not work in Mypal 68, but works in Firefox 52.9.0 ESR with a warning at the top. This was test on a clean Mypal profile.

screenshot.png

PS: And yes, I am already aware that this thread is not for reporting websites that don't work in new browsers.

I can confirm that. In New Moon 28 devianart.com is working too. So you can report this site to @feodor2 in the issues: https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/issues

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordinateur6.gif

Hi @kuja killer, I can confirm that twitter.com and www.deepl.com only works using 360Chrome v13 and higher in Windows XP. All these sites are crap and cumbersome. If you need to access them, use Windows 7 and most recent browsers. I try to avoid these sites. They are badly constructed and sluggish while loading. The good thing is my computer is very old and low on hardware resources, therfore I can identify bad sites very well.

Cheers, AstroSkipper mdr-ordi.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi @NotHereToPlayGames, I already recommended 360Chrome too.

I know, I saw that.

I remain optimistic towards Mypal 68.  I am at the point where I acknowledge that my own optimism was perhaps overly optimistic and I am no longer seeing Mypay 68 as the fix-all that I originally perceived it to be.

Still early in development so too early to know for sure.

Hhmm i see...but im curious...is this "chrome 360" the same as the original chrome but a higher version ? if so, then i worry it will give me the same BSOD issue i briefly mentioned above with the regular chrome 49 (last version for windows xp)

I only use windows xp pro 32 bit. I dont ever want to use 7 or higher for my own personal reasons even though im aware of the negative consequences. I'm still on my Dell Latitude D620 laptop by the way since 2010 to this very day still. - Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33 GHZ, intel graphics, SSD -- The other laptop in that M6400 thread i talked about i officially quit and gave up on that worthless thing cause of it's stupid Sound issue.

And i meant about the "Twitch" chats (the popout version i showed) not working anymore in firefox 52.9.1 (not twitter since thats fine thankfully) - does that work in that chrome 360 or the mypal ?? I'm sorry if i de-railed your thread.

Edited by kuja killer

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I know, I saw that.

I remain optimistic towards Mypal 68.  I am at the point where I acknowledge that my own optimism was perhaps overly optimistic and I am no longer seeing Mypay 68 as the fix-all that I originally perceived it to be.

Still early in development so too early to know for sure.

Your 360Chrome editions are definitely great. Unfortunately v13 and higher are problematic in my system. Version v11 works very well, but some more recent sites are not working properly. The main problem is that those sites are crap. As I already mentioned I try to avoid them. The good is we have different browser and the possibility to selectively use them regarding to our needs in Windows XP.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif