ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

49 minutes ago, xpandvistafan said:

Again, you are baselessly accusing me of being disrespectful without providing any evidence. You were the one who escalated this issue to this level by accusing me of providing meaningless information.  I didn't beg you to let me beta test. I kindly asked you once if I could beta test. Again, another baseless claim with no evidence. Never mind on the documentation issue, I found more detailed documentation in the docs folder. I had just read the read me first file which is not very detailed. 

I don't like this kind of behaviour. And this all leads to nothing and is wasted time. Therefore, discussion finished. Thanks for testing! Detailed information no longer requested. AstroSkipper

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

No more of this here please or I will put my moderator's hat on!
:ph34r:

I wanted to ask, as the main reason to use ProxHTTPSProxyMII Rev3e is that it apparently supports TLS 1.3, is there any way of confirming that this is working?
I've tried a few test sites, but the results are inconclusive.
:dubbio:

2 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

No more of this here please or I will put my moderator's hat on!
:ph34r:

Thanks and I totally agree! Very unpleasant!

4 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I wanted to ask, as the main reason to use ProxHTTPSProxyMII Rev3e is that it apparently supports TLS 1.3, is there any way of confirming that this is working?

As I already mentioned we can discuss this later when I have published my work. The only thing I can say at this moment that openssl-1.1.1 includes support for TLSv1.3 and this is the version in REV3e. But that doesn't mean this capability is already unleashed or activated. More relating to this matter in the next days. Thanks for your words! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

19 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

as the main reason to use ProxHTTPSProxyMII Rev3e is that it apparently supports TLS 1.3,
is there any way of confirming that this is working?

If you have a browser (i.e IE8, Chrome 49) configured to use ProxHTTPSProxyMII Rev3e, use that browser to visit 

https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

wait for ALL tests to complete (might take some time, YMMV) and then inspect the 

1. Protocol Support
2. Protocol Features -> Protocols -> TLS 1.3 -> Yes or No

... sections of the test results... :P

Hi to my beta testers, @Dave-H, @NotHereToPlayGames and @mina7601, thank you all so much for testing and feedback! I am glad to have had you as my beta testers and your results were really helpful for me. And special thanks to @Dave-H for finding a real bug first! It was a bit stressful for me, but it was fun. Now beta test is finished and I will publish my work as soon as possible. Thanks again for your time and your patience! You all are always welcome! Cheers, your AstroSkipper :)

Announcement: Release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1

I am proud to announce my first release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu. :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

The beta test phase has been finished successfully. Thanks to my beta testers @Dave-H, @NotHereToPlayGames and @mina7601, for a great job! :thumbup Without them I would definitely have come in some troubles! And thanks to @xpandvistafan for a positive rating of my work! As already announced some posts before I've decided to publish my latest work and this is the first release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3.0 in version 1.0.0.0 shortened 3V1. And today is the day. So what would Dirty Harry say? Make my day! :buehehe:

Purpose and components of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu is a one-click menu in systray to access and control the well-known proxy ProxHTTPSProxy. All information about this proxy can be found in my article (first post in this thread):
https://msfn.org/board/topic/183352-proxhttpsproxy-and-httpsproxy-in-windows-xp-for-future-use/?do=findComment&comment=1213600

Features of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1 is a synthesis of self-programmed executables, a very few commands, credits to @AstroSkipper at MSFN, and the freeware PopMenu 3.0, credits to Jochanan Agam at freeware.persoft.ch.
ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu is not a classical launcher, it is rather a systray popup menu. It can be totally customized and continuously extended according to user's needs due to its modular structure, therefore much more flexible than a classical, compiled launcher. More features can be added easily without touching existent code. Due to ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu's modular structure the user can change, add, delete and reorder features. Even the icons in menu can be changed easily by user.

Here is the complete list of features implemented in ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu 3v1:

1. Start ProxHTTPSPoxy
2. Stop ProxHTTPSPoxy
3. Hide ProxHTTPSPoxy
4. Show ProxHTTPSPoxy
5. Check if ProxHTTPSPoxy is running (in RAM)
6. cacert.pem Update
7. Root Certificates Update
8. Open IE Proxy settings
9. Close IE Proxy settings
10. Check system proxy status
11. Enable ProxHTTPSProxy system-wide
12. Disable ProxHTTPSProxy system-wide
13. Edit config.ini
14. Read documentation

And here is a screenshot of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1: :w00t:

Prox-HTTPSProxy-s-Pop-Menu.png

ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu is provided together with ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e. This new archive called "ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1" has been additionally updated by me. These are the changes to original package of @heinoganda:

Changelog of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

- @heinoganda's Certificate Updater 1.6 added.
- Old CA Root Certificate CA.crt replaced by new one valid until 02/19/2032.
- ProxHTTPSProxy CA Certificate Installer and Uninstaller replaced by more recent ones corresponding to pre-generated CA Root Certificate valid until 02/19/2032.
- Old cacert Updater removed, recreated cacert Updater Fixed added.
- cacert.pem updated to most recent one.
- Alternative latest cacert.pem dated of 2022-04-26 from Mozilla added with download url.
- All self-programmed executables of ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu 3v1 created in two different versions, UPX and noUPX, following the spirit of ProxHTTPSPoxy's creator.

Installation and configuration of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

1. Unpack archive and copy the complete folder ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_noUPX or ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_UPX (or its complete content) to desired location.
2. Although both, ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e and ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu 3V1, are fully portable, the config file of program PopMenu has to be adjusted to new location. This can be done manually or much more comfortable automatically by a tool I created for this purpose only. Go to subfolder PopMenu and execute "Configure PopMenu.exe". This procedure will always set the menu back to default settings. If you modified the menu in the past to your needs, you have to adjust the config file "PopMenu.ini" manually, otherwise you'll lose your modifications. In any case the paths in config file "PopMenu.ini" have to be adjusted when the complete program folder (or its complete content) was copied to a new location.

Tranferring all settings of an existing ProxHTTPSProxy's installation:

Copy the files "CA.crt" and "config.ini" from old installation folder to new one. Same with complete subfolder "Certs". Doing it in that way you won't lose any old settings.

Usage of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

To start ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu, just apply "ProxyPopMenu.exe" in main program folder ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_noUPX or ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_UPX. ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu can be set to "Start automatically at Windows startup" in context menu item "Settings" which is called up by right-clicking systray icon. Here the PopMenu can be configured generally. ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu has been pre-configured by me. The provided functions (items) corresponding to their labels are in most cases self-programmed executables and in a very few inserted commands. All items of ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu are generally self-explanatory. Feel free to click on them and test them! If you click on item "Enable ProxHTTPSProxy system-wide", my program checks whether ProxHTTPSProxy is running or not. If not, it will be started immediately. This is necessary to set ProxHTTPSProxy to mode system-wide or setting process would fail. And one recommendation: Do not change or modify files in subfolder PopMenu and keep the file or folder structure inside main folder otherwise the ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu won't work properly! If you want to modify the menu, do it in PopMenu's "Settings". But you have to know what you do otherwise ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu won't work as expected.

ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu itself has a very low usage of RAM. It's only about 2 MB.

And now my first release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1: :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Download of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h20kkuucurv2i2b/ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1.7z/file

If you find a bug, need help or have questions relating to this package, post it in commenting zone of this thread!

And finally I would be very pleased about posting your experiences and opinions relating to ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1. Any reactions by liking, upvoting and commenting are desired and welcome, of course.

Kind regards, AstoSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Announcement: Release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu

I am proud to announce my first release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu. :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

The beta test phase has been finished successfully. Thanks to my beta testers @Dave-H, @NotHereToPlayGames and @mina7601, for a great job! :thumbup Without them I would definitely have come in some troubles! And thanks to @xpandvistafan for a positive rating of my work! As already announced some posts before I've decided to publish my latest work and this is the first release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3.0 in version 1.0.0.0 shortened 3V1. And today is the day. So what would Dirty Harry say? Make my day! :buehehe:

Purpose and components of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu:

ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu is a one-click menu in systray to access and control the well-known proxy ProxHTTPSProxy. All information about this proxy can be found in my article (first post in this thread):
https://msfn.org/board/topic/183352-proxhttpsproxy-and-httpsproxy-in-windows-xp-for-future-use/?do=findComment&comment=1213600

Features of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1 is a synthesis of self-programmed executables, a very few commands, credits to @AstroSkipper at MSFN, and the freeware PopMenu 3.0, credits to Jochanan Agam at freeware.persoft.ch.
ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu is not a classical launcher, it is rather a systray popup menu. It can be totally customized and continuously extended according to user's needs due to its modular structure, therefore much more flexible than a classical, compiled launcher. More features can be added easily without touching existent code. Due to ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu's modular structure the user can change, add, delete and reorder features. Even the icons in menu can be changed easily by user.

Here is the complete list of features implemented in ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu 3v1:

1. Start ProxHTTPSPoxy
2. Stop ProxHTTPSPoxy
3. Hide ProxHTTPSPoxy
4. Show ProxHTTPSPoxy
5. Check if ProxHTTPSPoxy is running (in RAM)
6. cacert.pem Update
7. Root Certificates Update
8. Open IE Proxy settings
9. Close IE Proxy settings
10. Check system proxy status
11. Enable ProxHTTPSProxy system-wide
12. Disable ProxHTTPSProxy system-wide
13. Edit config.ini
14. Read documentation

And here is a screenshot of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1: :w00t:

Prox-HTTPSProxy-s-Pop-Menu.png

ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu is provided together with ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e. This new archive called "ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1" has been additionally updated by me. These are the changes to original package of @heinoganda:

Changelog of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

- Added @heinoganda's Certificate Updater 1.6.
- Old CA Root Certificate CA.crt replaced by new one valid until 02/19/2032.
- ProxHTTPSProxy CA Certificate Installer and Uninstaller replaced by more recent ones corresponding to pre-generated CA Root Certificate valid until 02/19/2032.
- Old cacert Updater removed, recreated cacert Updater Fixed added.
- cacert.pem updated to most recent one.
- Alternative latest cacert.pem dated of 2022-04-26 from Mozilla with download url.
- ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu 3v1 implemented in two different versions, UPX and noUPX, following the spirit of ProxHTTPSPoxy's creator.

Installation and configuration of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

1. Unpack archive and copy the complete folder ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_noUPX or ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_UPX (or its complete content) to desired location.
2. Although both, ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e and ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu 3V1, are fully portable, the config file of program PopMenu has to be adjusted to new location. This can be done manually or much more comfortable automatically by a tool I created for this purpose only. Go to subfolder PopMenu and execute "Configure PopMenu.exe". This procedure will always set the menu back to default settings. If you modified the menu in the past to your needs, you have to adjust the config file "PopMenu.ini" manually, otherwise you'll lose your modifications. In any case the paths in config file "PopMenu.ini" have to be adjusted when the complete program folder (or its complete content) was copied to a new location.

Tranferring all settings of an existing ProxHTTPSProxy's installation:

Copy the files "CA.crt" and "config.ini" from old installation folder to new one. Same with complete subfolder "Certs". Doing it in that way you won't lose any old settings.

Usage of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

To start ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu, just apply "ProxyPopMenu.exe" in main program folder ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_noUPX or ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1_UPX. ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu can be set to "Start automatically at Windows startup" in context menu item "Settings" which is called up by right-clicking systray icon. Here the PopMenu can be configured generally. ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu has been pre-configured by me. The provided functions (items) corresponding to their labels are in most cases self-programmed executables and in a very few inserted commands. All items of ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu are generally self-explanatory. Feel free to click on them and test them! If you click on item "Enable ProxHTTPSProxy system-wide", my program checks whether ProxHTTPSProxy is running or not. If not, it will be started immediately. This is necessary to set ProxHTTPSProxy to mode system-wide or setting process would fail. And one recommendation: Do not change or modify files in subfolder PopMenu and keep the file or folder structure inside main folder otherwise the ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu won't work properly! If you want to modify the menu, do it in PopMenu's "Settings". But you have to know what you do otherwise ProxHTTPSPoxy's PopMenu won't work as expected.

ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1 has a very low usage of RAM. It's only about 2 MB.

And now my first release of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1: :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Download of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1:

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/h20kkuucurv2i2b/ProxHTTPSProxy_REV3e_PopMenu_3V1.7z/file

If you find a bug, need help or have questions relating to this package, post it in commenting zone of this thread!

And finally I would be very pleased about posting your experiences and opinions relating to ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1. Any reactions by liking, upvoting and commenting are desired and welcome, of course.

Kind regards, AstoSkipper :)

This is a very nice product and it is nice to finally have it in RTM. It will be a product I will use. It has lots of features, that are great for ProxHTTPSProxy. I was happy to be a beta tester! 

34 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Finally, the RTM PopMenu is here! Thanks, happy to be a beta tester!!

It was a pleasure for me to have you as my beta tester! Thanks a lot for your effort and support! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

33 minutes ago, xpandvistafan said:

This is a very nice product and it is nice to finally have it in RTM. It will be a product I will use. It has lots of features, that are great for ProxHTTPSProxy. I was happy to be a beta tester! 

Thank you for liking my work! Cheers, AstroSkipper

Update notification!  loisir9.gif

- Both versions of my Root Certificate and Revoked Certificate Updater have been updated and are now of 04/28/2022. You can find them in section Downloads -> Latest Downloads -> Downloads related to Root Certificate Updates in first post of this thread.
- ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1, a one-click systray menu to access and control our valued proxy ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e, has been released. :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
The details of my publication and the download link of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1 can be found in this post:

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 5/9/2022 at 11:38 PM, VistaLover said:

If you have a browser (i.e IE8, Chrome 49) configured to use ProxHTTPSProxyMII Rev3e, use that browser to visit 

https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

wait for ALL tests to complete (might take some time, YMMV) and then inspect the 

1. Protocol Support
2. Protocol Features -> Protocols -> TLS 1.3 -> Yes or No

... sections of the test results... :P

My apologies @VistaLover, I've just realised that I never responded to this!
I did try this out, and the answer (in IE8) on TLS 1.3 was 'no' I'm afraid.
Is there something else that needs to be configured, I wonder?

14 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I did try this out, and the answer (in IE8) on TLS 1.3 was 'no' I'm afraid.
Is there something else that needs to be configured, I wonder?

Hi @Dave-H, try this site to see all ciphers classified due to its TLS version: https://browserleaks.com/ssl
Here is a screenshot of Iceape-UXP accessing browserleaks.com using its native TLS protocol (max. TLS 1.3):

Iceape-UXP-TLS-1-3.png

There you can see which TLS version is currently used and its ciphers. You can clearly realize that exactly three ciphers are relating to TLS 1.3:

- TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0x1301)
- TLS_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256 (0x1303)
- TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0x1302)

Here is a screenshot of Iceape-UXP accessing browserleaks.com using ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e:

Iceape-UXP-TLS-1-2-Prox-HTTPSProxy.png

And these three mentioned TLS 1.3 related ciphers are obviously not present in ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e. @heinoganda added a lot of TLS 1.2 ciphers I have never seen before, but unfortunately no ciphers relating to TLS 1.3 protocol.

My conclusion:
ProxHTTPSProxy REV3e contains openssl-1.1.1d including support for TLS 1.3, but the TLS 1.3 related ciphers have to be added or implemented by a person with Python programming skills yet.  0ordi.gif
So we need a programmer as it was @heinoganda in the past.

Cheers, AstroSkipper surmene.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition