ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

17 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

And once again, hi my dear beta testers, @Dave-H, @NotHereToPlayGames, @mina7601 and @xpandvistafan, I need your feedback relating to the whole package and especially to the documentation. One file is READ ME FIRST!.txt and the other Documentation of ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1.txt in subfolder Docs. Did you all read both? Please provide your opinions! Thanks so far! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Yes, I read both. The readme is well described, and the documentation is well made.

12 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

All good here.  Especially the "Configure PopMenu.exe" note because I missed this when trying to set everything up without reading any documentation first (which is my normal default, I don't read an owner's manual before test driving a car, lol).

Thanks for your quick feedback! And once again, I am glad to hear good news! Thanks so far!

11 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Same here, to be honest.  I actually prefer to see "squares" when non-Latin folks try to force non-Latin "characters".

non-Latin "characters". :crazy: Sorry, that's where my skills end! :yes:

11 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Yes, I read both. The readme is well described, and the documentation is well made.

Thanks for your quick feedback too! Glad to hear that my documentation is readable and understandable! English is not my native language, therefore any feedback is very important for me! Thanks so far! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

I think the documentation is absolutely fine. :yes:
My only very minor observation is that the installation instruction implied (at least to me!) that you have to copy the whole program folder to your desired location, keeping the same folder name. That isn't the case of course, you can just copy the sub-folders and files from the folder to a new folder with a different name, and it still works fine.
Being very picky here I realise!
:)

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

non-Latin "characters". :crazy: Sorry, that's where my skills end! :yes:

Huh, i kinda don't get the joke here. 

Maybe i should have said "letters" instead? Or "non ISO-8859-1 letters"?

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

Sorry, I can't test that and, truth be told, I don't want to. My program is for Latin speaking machines. 

Did you try with paths containing äöü or ß? Or you don't have a German keyboard layout installed there? 

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Same here, to be honest.  I actually prefer to see "squares" when non-Latin folks try to force non-Latin "characters".

It doesn't matter what you see, but what the programs "see".  

You didn't get squares in your C:\Prox HTTPS Proxy\ path, but it still failed before, right?

- - -

Anyways, apologies for interfering with your private party, will try to avoid it in the future.

Edited by RainyShadow

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I think the documentation is absolutely fine. :yes:
My only very minor observation is that the installation instruction implied (at least to me!) that you have to copy the whole program folder to your desired location, keeping the same folder name. That isn't the case of course, you can just copy the sub-folders and files from the folder to a new folder with a different name, and it still works fine.
Being very picky here I realise!
:)

Thanks for your feedback! A bit picky, indeed! :D But you was the one who found spaces problem first. So maybe it's good to be a bit picky! :thumbup Anyway, I wrote this documentation for those either who are not familiar with file systems and structures. I try to get into a common user's mind. It has to be as simple as possible. Therefore it is much easier to say "copy whole folder". Of course, the name of program folder doesn't matter but its relative file structure. If the user is experienced, he'll find out that the name of main program folder can be changed. Anyway, glad to hear that the documentation is "absolutely fine". Great! Thanks so far! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

25 minutes ago, RainyShadow said:

Anyways, apologies for interfering with your private party, will try to avoid it in the future.

No private party! You are always welcome in my thread! Any opinions and ideas are requested! And your idea with German mutated vowels is great! I will test that! Thanks a lot! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

Works too with latin characters!

Virtual-Box-VM-GCz-Cr6w-KMl.png

Thanks for testing of mutated vowel "ä"! Although German people try to avoid mutated vowels in paths and in urls, it's good to know that my program works with it. Glad to have you as my beta tester! :yes:
Thanks so far! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 5/6/2022 at 10:55 PM, xpandvistafan said:

@AstroSkipper I would like to be a beta tester please. 

Hi @xpandvistafan, you wanted to be a beta tester. Now I need your results including your opinion about documentation of package and please a bit more detailed. Any problems with spaces in paths? Testing system? Beta testing is slowly coming to an end. All other testers have already reported. Thanks in advance! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi @xpandvistafan, you wanted to be a beta tester. Now I need your results including your opinion about documentation of package and please a bit more detailed. Any problems with spaces in paths? Testing system? Beta testing is slowly coming to an end. All other testers have already reported. Thanks in advance! Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

As I reported earlier, everything is is fine. It is a very useful tool for ProxHTTPSProxy. The documentation is little scarce, so I think some information needs to be added to it. Other thank that, everything is good. In the future, please PM for for beta testing results instead of posting it public. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, xpandvistafan said:

The documentation is little scarce, so I think some information needs to be added to it.

This kind of feedback is not helpful and meaningless.

35 minutes ago, xpandvistafan said:

please PM for for beta testing results instead of posting it public.

You begged to be beta tester and I requested twice detailed feedback. But no answer, no PM. Sorry, that's not how it works. All the other testers provided meaningful information and much more detailed feedback. Anyway, thanks for being beta tester! AstroSkipper

15 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

This kind of feedback is not helpful and meaningless.

You begged to be beta tester and I requested twice detailed feedback. But no answer, no PM. Sorry, that's not how it works. All the other testers provided meaningful information and much more detailed feedback. Anyway, thanks for being beta tester! AstroSkipper

Well, thanks for being insulting. I tried to provide the most detailed information I could provide. I don't know what more you want. Unfortunately, I cannot use your program if the developer is to be rude and insulting even if the program is good. I never expected this type of response from you, I expected a nice response that would highlight the more information that you want instead of insulting my feedback and calling it "meaningless". Again, I tried my best to provide you the most detailed information I could provide but instead you reject it and claim it is meaningless.  I also asked you a kind favour to transfer the conversation to PM because that is what I prefer, but you reject that as well and say "no answer, no PM". I answered you twice and ignored me. That is ridiculous and inmature behaviour. Either way, thanks for letting me a beta tester. 

Edited by xpandvistafan

12 minutes ago, xpandvistafan said:

Well, thanks for being insulting. I tried to provide the most detailed information I could provide. I don't know what more you want. Unfortunately, I cannot use your program if the developer is to be rude and insulting even if the program is good. I never expected this type of response from you, I expected a nice response that would highlight the more information that you want instead of insulting my feedback and calling it "meaningless". Again, I tried my best to provide you the most detailed information I could provide but instead you reject it and claim it is meaningless. 

Sorry, no! Your kind of behaviour is disrespectful! And I regret at this point that I gave in to your begging. And once again your statements didn't provide useful information.You didn't say what you tested, under which conditions and what kind of information in my documentation is missing. Therefore useless for me. But forget about it. Thanks for testing and have a nice day! :hello:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

5 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Sorry, no! Your kind of behaviour is disrespectful! And I regret at this point that I gave in to your begging. And once again your statements didn't provide useful information.You didn't say what you tested, under which coditions and what kind of information in my documentation is missing. Therefore useless for me.But forget about it. Thanks for testing and have a nice day! :hello:

Again, you are baselessly accusing me of being disrespectful without providing any evidence. You were the one who escalated this issue to this level by accusing me of providing meaningless information.  I didn't beg you to let me beta test. I kindly asked you once if I could beta test. Again, another baseless claim with no evidence. Never mind on the documentation issue, I found more detailed documentation in the docs folder. I had just read the read me first file which is not very detailed. 

Edited by xpandvistafan