Cannot install Window Update Agent 7.6, Cannot create folder Error

Mcinwwl

Hi,

As you know, I'm restoring my @2001, Athlon 4 SSE PC and I had to reinstall windows XP. And I started with updating it and succeed with EVERY update except this one, I managed to update certs and register my XP online. When I try to install, installer creates 10001 empty folders in C:\ drive - yes, exactly 10001, every time - then I receive message "Installer cannot create folder" and it terminates, clearing up every empty folder prior to shutting down process. What's worth mentioning, folders have random names, starting from 00-something-something and ending with FF-something-something. Ah, and no entry in windows log regarding this one.

I tried every trick described on the forum, with extracting files from within, /wuforce and all. No reaction. also, no information on the forum that it will not install without SSE2.

Same error was mentioned by two netizens in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsxp/comments/lhtoxa/guide_how_to_fully_update_windows_xp_with_windows/

Any ideas what might it be?

PS I did not try installing any proxy yet, as this is always mentioned as prequisite anyway...

2 hours ago, Mcinwwl said:

Hi,

As you know, I'm restoring my @2001, Athlon 4 SSE PC and I had to reinstall windows XP. And I started with updating it and succeed with EVERY update except this one, I managed to update certs and register my XP online. When I try to install, installer creates 10001 empty folders in C:\ drive - yes, exactly 10001, every time - then I receive message "Installer cannot create folder" and it terminates, clearing up every empty folder prior to shutting down process. What's worth mentioning, folders have random names, starting from 00-something-something and ending with FF-something-something. Ah, and no entry in windows log regarding this one.

I tried every trick described on the forum, with extracting files from within, /wuforce and all. No reaction. also, no information on the forum that it will not install without SSE2.

Same error was mentioned by two netizens in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsxp/comments/lhtoxa/guide_how_to_fully_update_windows_xp_with_windows/

Any ideas what might it be?

PS I did not try installing any proxy yet, as this is always mentioned as prequisite anyway...

Why not use OnePiece UP?