Windows 8.1 on Intel Tiger Lake (11th Generation)

Jakob99

Has anyone had any luck with Windows 8.1 on Intel Tiger Lake (11th Generation)? I got it installed on my Lenovo Ideapad 3 with Intel Core i5 and IrisXe, but am having no luck with any of the drivers. Are there any hacks to get the Intel Iris Graphics working in addition to the other drivers? I have Realtek audio which I can solve as they still make drivers for 8.1, but for the other drivers, I do not know how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jakob , I can't say much sorry. But for the video drivers you would need to mod them to remove some of the code and/or dependencies , also the bloody artificial block that Intel/Nvidia put there . 

And that's only the top of the iceberg ! Even to test how they work , you would need to sign them! No procedure to load the unsigned drivers . 

This trick will not work on modified x64 drivers/systems, I tried. It's good and working only if you mod the "ini" file to add devices.

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

So I suggest to start modding 32-bit drivers and try, if there are any.

As an example , I tried to mod an Nvidia driver that needed only two values to be changed , I succeeded with 32-bit version , because the 64 one wouldn't load (unsigned .sys driver).

Where to start ? Extract the driver and look for the missing stuff with Dependency walker.

Hope this helps.

Dixel.

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

Jakob , I can't say much sorry. But for the video drivers you would need to mod them to remove some of the code and/or dependencies , also the bloody artificial block that Intel/Nvidia put there . 

And that's only the top of the iceberg ! Even to test how they work , you would need to sign them! No procedure to load the unsigned drivers . 

This trick will not work on modified x64 drivers/systems, I tried. It's good and working only if you mod the "ini" file to add devices.

bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

So I suggest to start modding 32-bit drivers and try, if there are any.

As an example , I tried to mod an Nvidia driver that needed only two values to be changed , I succeeded with 32-bit version , because the 64 one wouldn't load (unsigned .sys driver).

Where to start ? Extract the driver and look for the missing stuff with Dependency walker.

Hope this helps.

Dixel.

Interesting info. I will try Dependency Walker out. 64-bit drivers should work. Restart 8.1, mash F8 (if it doesn't work, go to the Metro Settings app, look for Recovery, and inside should be an option to restart into advanced options. Once in, choose change UEFI firmware settings. If it takes you to BIOS, exit and then mash F8), and then a list of options should show up. At the bottom of the list should be 9) Disable Driver Signature Enforcement or something similar. Press 9 and it will boot into Windows. Install your x64 drivers. If you have done this already, I apologize.

I think I already wrote , this "disable siganture enforcement" will not help you if you modded the .dll or .sys files in your driver . It only works if you mod the ini (added devices).

I tried modding win 7 64 bit drivers . Change just one bit - error "can't load the driver" . Switched the enforcement OFF , still the same. But you're very welcome to try .

But modding 32 bit drivers was a success. Of course you would need to search for the first driver for your device .Later one will be more bloated.

Here's a good example for you . 

memcpy (perfectly working function) was replaced with memcpy_s to ditch Vista .

So you need to bring the old function back . Quite the same will be with your win8/10

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/c_standard_library/c_function_memcpy.htm

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/c-runtime-library/reference/memcpy-s-wmemcpy-s

Understood ?