How to install 2 vmware workstations on one pc?

Jaguarek62

• Jaguarek62 changed the title to How to install 2 vmware workstations on one pc?
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same question. The thing is that Windows XP and 2000 require an older VMware to get rid of the sound distortion sometimes. But apparently we can't install multiple vmware versions in the same OS, we would need another Windows installation.

• 2 months later...

You could try changing the hardware version if that gives you problems, But...

On 5/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, RayZen said:

Doesn't seem to be possible, as it causes a conflict in services that VMware Workstation uses.

So you would have to use Virtualbox to install VMware (As VMware has a anti-vm check for it's own software even if you don't install VMware Tools) But this will cause a lot of lag.

6 hours ago, Nerdulater said:

So you would have to use Virtualbox to install VMware

You should also be able to run VMware Workstation inside VMware Workstation, there may be a warning, but it should run a VM afterwards.

On 1/30/2022 at 8:32 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Hi,

I want to have vmware workstation 10/12 (I don't know which of them I will need) alongside vmware workstation 16. Is that somehow possible?

U could use hardware compatibility from vmware workstation itself?

17 hours ago, LonghornXP said:

U could use hardware compatibility from vmware workstation itself?

Unfortunately this does not work as intended. For example vista is still buggy under vmware 16

In my case, I wish to run XP/Vista/2000 inside Windows 10/11. The issue here, is that XP don't run properly in VMware 11 or newer, the sound is very buggy there. So, I planned to make a dualboot between Windows 7 and Windows 10/11 and run old VMware inside Windows 7/8.1. However, there's no guarantee that Windows 7 in a dual boot will work properly due to unsupported hardware. So, I use my old Toshiba for such vms, it has a Windows Vista system with VMware 10. But, about the other PC, I'm wondering if I should install Windows 7 inside Virtual Box, and run there the XP VM using VMware. Or maybe try to install Windows 7 in vmware and run XP inside Virtual PC 2007.

12 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

In my case, I wish to run XP/Vista/2000 inside Windows 10/11. The issue here, is that XP don't run properly in VMware 11 or newer, the sound is very buggy there. So, I planned to make a dualboot between Windows 7 and Windows 10/11 and run old VMware inside Windows 7/8.1. However, there's no guarantee that Windows 7 in a dual boot will work properly due to unsupported hardware. So, I use my old Toshiba for such vms, it has a Windows Vista system with VMware 10. But, about the other PC, I'm wondering if I should install Windows 7 inside Virtual Box, and run there the XP VM using VMware. Or maybe try to install Windows 7 in vmware and run XP inside Virtual PC 2007.

I'm pretty sure that Windows 11 x64 can't install VPC 2007. Windows 8.1/10 may work as shown on this website:

http://www.win3x.org/win3board/viewtopic.php?t=19227

• 4 months later...

I don't know if it would work, but have you tried Sandboxie?

If that doesn't work, you can try to install the VMWare version you want to use, copy its program files to anywhere else, then uninstall it and install the other version you want to use.

Edited by SC7601