WDP driver package

Comos

Hi,

does somebody please remember, if the Win XP WDP (Windows Portable Devices) driver package for MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) was available also as a standalone KB package or included with some MPP update?

I have WinXP SP3 on my two laptops (T43 and W500), where on the W500 is complete with all updates and the T43 has not all of them.When I connect my Samsung Android phone to my W500 it's correctly recognized as portable device and Im able to access Phone and Card as a mass storage fine.However if I connect the phone to my T43 it's recognized like somekind of a scanner and I can only see the Phone as a mass storage device,but can't copy anything out of it due to permissions.

So I assume that on the T43 it's running some stock WDP driver.

3 hours ago, seahorser said:

Unpack wmp11 with 7zip and run wmfdist11.exe
The mtppk12.exe (Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit) and Microsoft MTP Device Driver 1.0.0.0 for XP cab are bs in my case.

Thanks.

I have tried the MTP Device Driver 1.0.0.0 cab file before, extracted and when I wanted to update the driver it didn't finished because something was missing in the inf as the error message said.

When I check the driver details with my phone attached, I see two drivers used. WPDUSB.SYS and WUDFRD.SYS. the WPDUSB.SYS is version 5.2.5721.5145 (WMP_11.061018-2006) which looks definitely from the WMP11 package and the WUDFRD.SYS version is 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255).

• 4 weeks later...