Web Browser + Proxomitron Reborn + PtronGUI --- A How-To Guide

MSFN has undergone code changes.  I have not tracked it down to know "where", but Proxomitron clearly indicates that there has been code changes.  The keylogger now makes it past Proxomitron.

Unless I changed my Proxomitron config, I'll have to double-check.  Not really interested in this becoming a "cat and mouse game", so I'll just rely on my own site-specific keylogger blocks for now.

Disregard - I set a javascript flag for a different web site but my regexp caught this site by accident.  :blushing:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm not taking "sides" on this, but do have to chuckle at the word "dude" resurfacing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJjCnWm5cvE&t=72s     The Big Lebowski - I'm the Dude Scene (3/12) | Movieclips

Hi ArcticFoxie, I managed to make Proxomitron work on 360Chrome.

Is it possible to make Proxomitron work on Chrome 49?

360Chrome has a "Proxy > Use IE Proxy" option in the 3-dots-top-corner window, but Chrome 49 doesn't have such option.

How can I make Chrome 49 to "Use IE Proxy"?

I haven't used Chrome 49 for quite some time but if memory serves, it forces you to use the same proxy as XP's Internet Explorer unless you jump through hoops to get around that.

I used an extension called "Proxy SwitchySharp" (version 1.10.7).  The developer has moved on to "Proxy SwitchyOmega" but I kept my v49 at SwitchySharp.

I see, OK so if I understand it correctly, to make Proxomitron work with Chrome 49 I need to:
1. Add localhost : 8080 in Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings ... HTTP + Secure, from your initial instructions
2. Proxomitron must be started and running in system tray
3. Chrome 49 doesn't have "Use IE Proxy" option like 360Chrome, and to make it work with Proxomitron I must use an additional Extension, like Proxy SwitchySharp 1.10.7

How should I setup Proxy SwitchySharp 1.10.7 Options, does this look OK?
1.png.e4b51b710949a86a200d483c09627771.png
2.png.c1e159b0d6929ce0835c3440b5a48dc3.png

I see, thanks Rainy.

Thanks ArcticFoxie, I already tried both options (3 including Rainy's advice) but unfortunately it doesn't work for some reason. It shows:

"Your connection is not private

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"

So I was hoping you to tell me what I am missing. But it's no hurry, take your time.

I tried Proxomitron in Windows Vista, despite that the system support TLS 1.2, but don't know how good is it. I installed the already configured zip, but web browsers like BNavigator don't trust the certificate. The provided bat for generating a newer certificate don't work in Windows Vista, so I can't see how to solve this. Moreover, the procedures for 360 Explorer are described as images instead of a text explanation.

managed to create the certificate, the problem was that the openssl.exe was removed by the antivirus (ClamWin). Before solving this issue, I put the generated proxcert.pem (I used the default values), but browsers still give me the error of the untrusted conection.

4 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

Moreover, the procedures for 360 Explorer are described as images instead of a text explanation.

Nothing really out of the ordinary is required for 360Chrome (do note that 360 Explorer and 360Chrome are not the same browser, I've not used 360 Explorer).

Go to Vista's Internet Properties -->>  Connections tab  -->>  LAN settings button  -->>  checkmark the box that says to use a proxy server  -->>  Advanced button  -->>  set HTTP and Secure to use localhost on port 8080

Make sure that 360Chrome is set to Use IE Proxy

image.thumb.png.a160d3b424c186cb46bc30255db0f98d.png

3 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

web browsers like BNavigator don't trust the certificate

You have to install the certificate into BNavigator.

If you have 20 web browsers, you may need to do this for all 20 of those web browsers as many web browsers have their own set of certificates independent of the Operating System's set of certificates.

Go to Vista's Internet Properties -->>  Connections tab  -->>  LAN settings button  -->>  checkmark the box that says to use a proxy server  -->>  Advanced button  -->>  set HTTP and Secure to use localhost on port 8080

In BNavigator, go to Edit  -->>  Preferences  -->>  Proxies  -->>  set to Use system proxy settings

In BNavigator, to to Edit  -->>  Preferences  -->>  Certificates  -->>  Manage Certificates  -->>  Import   --->>>   import the Proxomitron certificate that you created after you figured out your ClamWin was making life too difficult   (I check all three boxes)

image.thumb.png.5bee84d2920a99491387af3240ca8f89.png