Web Browser + Proxomitron Reborn + PtronGUI --- A How-To Guide

26 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

1 - Like I said , thanks , not intersted in any sort of anime .

2 - Langley was brought up by another member . I'm not interested in political discussions . 

3 - Remote poxies is the first result in any search

4 - No , read the description , this programme works with remote proxies , so I'm posting in the right topic.

5 - Did you or did you not read ? I'm not the only one with this problem . Other users can't even open a page more than 3 times (without any proxies).

https://msfn.org/board/topic/178259-instagram-videos-not-working-in-firefox-52-esr/?do=findComment&comment=1211117

6 - Not interested in your opinion about "my approach" . 

7 - Had this instascam topic opened two weesks ago .

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183282-instagram-some-coutries-are-in-favour-help-to-get-clean-ranges-of-ips/

8 - This huge post of yours and zero helpful (on-topic )help .

9 - "Policies" , lol . Do you always follow "policies" ? Instagram works on my territory and must obey the laws of my country . Being a public

service, they can't force me to login or just delete/block my account , if I'm not in violation of my country laws (which I'm not).

This a long discussion , but you can find all French laws regarding this yourself. (not interested to post any further)

IPs that I use is none of their business. There is ZERO mentions in the agreement about it , BTW>

An interesting explanation from the Guru for you .

"One example that I am sure you are aware is instances where emails from x domain either get blocked or filtered into spam for no apparent reason."

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183282-instagram-some-coutries-are-in-favour-help-to-get-clean-ranges-of-ips/?do=findComment&comment=1211283

OK

My initial thought was to explain where you're wrong, but...

It's not worth it trying to talk sense to a dumb wall.

Have a nice day.

NotHereToPlayGames - apologies for flooding the place with this...

Edited by RainyShadow

We hear you, D.Draker.

I have attempted to point out on a few different occasions that we have different goals for this thread.  Proxomitron CAN connect to a REMOTE proxy, but my goal is its usage as a "web filter" 'local proxy'.

You do "seem to", intentionally or not, want to "hijack" the thread and steer it towards your goal.  Proxomitron CAN be used "towards" your goal, but it was not my intended target audience.

I agree with RainyShadow, XP users are already familiar with this topic but were intimidated and confused by Proxomitron when they tried it the first time and so they walked away from Proxomitron.

My goal herein is to alleviate that intimidation and confusion and perhaps generate enough interest here at MSFN for Proxomitron to tame the "modern web".

Proxomitron is a Swiss Army Knife.

It CAN be used to elliminate the need for NoScript, uMatrix, Stylus, Tampermonkey, Adblockers, Popup Blockers, Cookie blockers, Privacy Badger, I could list a thousand (literally!) "extensions" that Proxomitron can elliminate.

My target is not to elliminate thousands of extensions - we all use them and are familiar with them.

But some of us "power users" would PREFER to not have to have "too many" extensions - they slow down the web browser and consume excessive RAM.

I apologize if I mislead you and gave any impression that your Instagram issue falls within my target audience.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Status Update -

I plan to have updated downloads by later today that basically gets us to a working version with only one exception - today's "working version" will basically be limited to browser profiles that do NOT use NoScript.

I still have some digging to do on the combination of NoScript + Proxomitron.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

:buehehe:

I'm not taking "sides" on this, but do have to chuckle at the word "dude" resurfacing.

It's been confirmed here that dude is not an insult , but dumb is. I've been insulted here before . But this is the first time someone just called me dumb directly. 

I understand that this dude is not English . 

But there's a huge difference between a "brick wall" saying and just calling someone dumb. He called me a "dumb wall".

Edited by D.Draker
a typo in "just"

7 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

He called me a "dumb wall".

Once again you interpret things the way you like them to be. Do you know better than myself what i thought and meant when writing that sentence?

And, btw. i see your usage of "dude" as rude, regardless of what may have "been confirmed here". So, you insulted me twice already just with this.

I'd like to end it here, but i sense a response coming already, pffft

44 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

It's been confirmed here that dude is not an insult

I'm fairly certain that it has also been confirmed as "undignitary" and generally not appropriate in formal speech.

Paraphrasing because I have "zero" interest in digging the thread back from the grave just to see how it was "worded".

But at the same time, I don't buy into the whole "P.C." aspect of cultural lexicon, so I'm not suggesting that we all need to speak "formally" herein.

It personally wouldn't bother me one iota if "dude" was added to the list of words that gets automatically "asterisked" on the forum, but I see both sides.

Did find this interesting  --  https://everyday-courtesy.com/is-it-rude-to-call-someone-dude/

As far as I'm concerned, "dude" is a slang term, the American equivalent to the British term "mate".
Usually fine in informal banter, but not always appropriate in every context, and open to the user being accused of overfamiliarity, and being patronising, during a dispute.
This is getting personal, and off-topic of course.
I will be wielding my axe if it goes on any longer.
:yes:

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

As far as I'm concerned, "dude" is a slang term, the American equivalent to the British term "mate".

It's always fascinating to know more about the British people , language and culture !

Yet I don't completely understand , are we fine with him calling me a "dumb wall" in the first place ? 

It wasn't the nicest comment to make to a fellow forum member, he can consider himself warned, unofficially at the moment.
Whatever you may think of others personally, keep it to yourself please everyone, and stay on-topic.
If you feel a real need to dispute with someone, take it to a PM, we don't tolerate public slanging matches on threads here.
:no:

8 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I plan to have updated downloads by later today that basically gets us to a working version with only one exception - today's "working version" will basically be limited to browser profiles that do NOT use NoScript.

Disregard.  I cannot in good faith put an "estimate" on completion.