Running GT730 on Windows XP using BlackWingCat nVidia drivers 355

Birkin_Pl

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum, first of all big thank you for all for these tutorials, it helped me a lot when I was installing Windows 2000 on Dell Optiplex 380 C2Q.

However I have come across the obstacle that I can't figure out. I have been trying to install the blackwingcat nVidia drivers (Version 355 from Webarchive) and after that 358. Always I receive the same result:
(Code 31) This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

Do you have any idea how Can i resolve this issue and use my GT730 on this PC ?

Thanks in advance.

Any of you maybe have successfully ran Windows 2000 with any newer nVidia card ?

//EDIT//

I have tried to install the GT 520 with the two versions of the drivers 355 and 359 but it failed too :( I attach the photo of the error code.

GT520 Error 31.jpg

Edited by Birkin_Pl
adding new comment

Which GT730 do you have?

There are two varieties, Fermi, which is just a relabeled GT420, and the much newer Kepler variant.  I'm running a GTX745 on XP, which is Maxwell - and that is newer than Kepler, so yours should work.  I'm running stock 355.98 drivers, but you're trying on Windows 2000, so that's probably a different story.  But if your card is in fact a GT420, then I recommend perhaps trying a much earlier driver version.

Edited by mockingbird

I've Windows XP on this computer on the second HDD and I can run both GT730 and GT520 without any problems. This card is from Zotac "GeForce® GT 730 2GB Zone Edition ZT-71113-20L". I've tried to use an blackwingcat nVidia drivers but both cards refused to work :(

4 hours ago, Birkin_Pl said:

Any of you maybe have successfully ran Windows 2000 with any newer nVidia card ?

//EDIT//

I have tried to install the GT 520 with the two versions of the drivers 355 and 359 but it failed too :( I attach the photo of the error code.

GT520 Error 31.jpg

Have you installed the extended kernel and core from BlackWingCat's ?

http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm

Try installing manually. Try choosing a different card name in the process of executing the driver selection. And choose to install from different .inf files. Try more options for the pilots. When downloading the driver, try to specify the date of creation of your card to match the BlackWingCat's drivers.

I think nvidia gt 520 required driver of 2013 or before ,mean version v310.70 or before

At each installation restart the computer

If your experiment does not work, you can contact BlackWingCat : http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1995876.html

Edited by windows2

Hi Windows2 !

I've completely forgot about extended core :D When I've installed it the results were different.

1) The GT730 got different results, instead of Error 31 I've got error 10. I had tried it with all the drivers (Screen below). (359 Beta got me Code 31 on both of the cards) I've stuck with 355 Beta Driver.

2) GT 520 is detected properly on 355 Beta driver. (Screen below)

I will try to use to system with my second GT730 from Asus which has only 1GB ram, (My first GT730 is a version from Zotac with 2GB of ram)
- Followup: Unfortunately, the same error - code 10

gt 730 code 10 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Birkin_Pl

18 hours ago, Birkin_Pl said:

Hi Windows2 !

I've completely forgot about extended core :D When I've installed it the results were different.

1) The GT730 got different results, instead of Error 31 I've got error 10. I had tried it with all the drivers (Screen below). (359 Beta got me Code 31 on both of the cards) I've stuck with 355 Beta Driver.

2) GT 520 is detected properly on 355 Beta driver. (Screen below)

I will try to use to system with my second GT730 from Asus which has only 1GB ram, (My first GT730 is a version from Zotac with 2GB of ram)
- Followup: Unfortunately, the same error - code 10

gt 730 code 10 - Copy.jpg

For nvidia gt 730 you should use driver NVIDIA Graphic Driver v335.28 for Windows 2000(ExKern) for 2014 , you will find it in BWC site : http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm 

Remember that you must restart the computer every installation of the driver.

Which version of extended core are you installed it ?

Edited by windows2

Hi again,

Thank you for the solution, I will try to do it asap and I will post the results. However, it is weird, because 355 and 359 drivers are newer than 335 and in theory newer driver should support the GPU.

Thank you !

On 1/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, windows2 said:

For nvidia gt 730 you should use driver NVIDIA Graphic Driver v335.28 for Windows 2000(ExKern) for 2014 , you will find it in BWC site : http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm 

Remember that you must restart the computer every installation of the driver.

Hi again,

Unfortunately, the driver version 335 does not support the GT 730 :/ , on paper nVidia driver 347.09 modified by the blackwingcat is the oldest driver that should support nVidia GT730. I've tried to reinstall everything once again, but still I get code 10 error on GT730 :/ What else can i do ?

Thank you in advance

Not really, I have bought it new a looong time ago from a respectable stationary shop, I also have tried to use these drivers with my second GT730 from Asus. Same results. I know that I also had a problem with the official drivers with these cards on Windows XP . Only one version worked stable (it was 340 smth) and the rest loaded up but resulted in a blue screen. Right now I've installed a 353.06 Driver, still i've got code 10 :(

for Windows XP icafe driver seems to be the best .

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-34726-for-XP.shtml

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-34099-for-XP.shtml

I will take a look on these after I will configure win 2k properly :D Thanks ! Do you maybe have any ideas what can I do ? Maybe the GT730 has never been properly configured in these drivers ? I ran out of ideas at this point

1 hour ago, Birkin_Pl said:

I will take a look on these after I will configure win 2k properly :D Thanks ! Do you maybe have any ideas what can I do ? Maybe the GT730 has never been properly configured in these drivers ? I ran out of ideas at this point

On 1/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, windows2 said:

Answer my question please.