how can i downgrade from windows 10 pro to home single language without losing data?

Icepick

I recently blundered and somehow install windows 10 pro which i don't like. Anyhow, I saw a tutorial on tenforums https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/183084-downgrade-windows-10-pro-windows-10-home.html#:~:text=You must be signed in as an administrator,on the downloaded .reg file to merge it. on how to downgrade from windows 10 pro to home. Can someone instruct me how to do the same from pro to home single language? 

Edited by Icepick

On 12/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, jaclaz said:

I don't understand your question.

That tutorial is to "downgrade" from Pro to Home.

Is it not EXACTLY what you want to do?

jaclaz

I mean I need Home Single Language not Home

OK, after looking, I've seen that there is a difference between Home Single Language and "regular" Home. I guess the extra simplicity appeals to you?

I haven't found any tutorial on how to convert Pro to HSL, but here is an article that explains where you can get a copy to download and install.  https://windowsreport.com/download-install-windows-10-home-single-language/  You "might" be able to install and have your existing data survive, but to be on the safe side I would suggest copying your user data someplace safe and copying it back after it is installed.

Good luck!

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

14 hours ago, bphlpt said:

OK, after looking, I've seen that there is a difference between Home Single Language and "regular" Home. I guess the extra simplicity appeals to you?

And are you going to tell us what difference is that? [1]

The suspense is killing me ...

jaclaz

[1] or - even better - in which ways this difference would affect the mentioned set of instructions 

Admittedly, I'm just as confused as you are jaclaz. (And the OP might be as well.) At first I was going to answer the OP with 

????????????????????

I don't know what your question means.

Isn't Home Single Language just Home with no language packs?

And I was going to provide a link showing how to install, or remove, language packs for Windows 10. Then I thought about it and seemed to remember that Home didn't allow language packs to be installed? And I thought I read somewhere that in order to install language packs that you had to upgrade Home to Pro first? This - https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-change-languages-windows-10/ - almost says that, but it makes a distinction between Home and Home Single Language.

First, you need to ensure you have a supported edition of Windows 10, such as Home, Pro or Enterprise. If you’re running Windows 10 Home Single Language, you’ll need to upgrade to the Pro version to add languages. The Single Language version usually comes preinstalled on new computers.

Then I ran across the link I referenced above - https://windowsreport.com/download-install-windows-10-home-single-language/ - and figured that maybe I was wrong? Why would they reference a Single Language version if that was the only way that Home comes? As to its "advantages":

Windows 10 (Single Language) is essentially part of the Windows 10 Home package and often comes preinstalled in most Windows 10 laptops.

It has a couple of differences from the conventional Home Edition — chief among them the fact that the operating system provides only one system language option.

This is its single biggest advantage as your windows will not be unnecessarily cluttered with multiple language packs that you may rarely use.

I'd be interested to hear from the OP what indeed were his motivations for wanting the "Single Language" version.

As to what any of this means to the conversion instructions, I have no idea and frankly don't care, because:

1) I have  no interest in any Home version of any MS OS
2) I have no interest in any version of Windows 10

Cheers and Regards

NOTE: Please excuse my current attitude. My son came down with COVID last week (mostly asymptomatic and he's doing fine and recovering well) and I just found out an hour ago that I have COVID as well - not so asymptomatic :( - so I really feel like crap. Oh well, it will get better.

Yep, what I meant was that (provided that the originally cited post actually works to make the Pro->Home "conversion" without data loss), it doesn't seem to be there any particular reason why the same approach wouldn't work for Pro->Home Single Language.

Sorry to hear you got the virus, hopefully it won't be a severe case, here it is spreading a lot, anecdotally in the last few weeks I had a number of "first degree" connections[1] report having been affected, but almost all of them (AFAIK fully vaccinated, 2 doses, but none 2 doses+booster) were (thankfully) mild cases, 2-3 days with some pain *everywhere* and a little of fever, little more than a "normal" flu, with one exception that while not needing to be hospitalized, had the pains/fever (and a terrible cough) last 6 days or more. 

jaclaz

[1] till then they were only 2nd, 3rd or 4th degree ones, the circle is narrowing

1 hour ago, jaclaz said:

Sorry to hear you got the virus, hopefully it won't be a severe case, ..., with one exception that while not needing to be hospitalized, had the pains/fever (and a terrible cough) last 6 days or more. 

Yep, your last example sounds like my situation. (I had the shots + booster, plus flu vaccine, etc  Fortunately my wife has avoided getting it, so far.)   I started the first mild symptoms 12/27, got worse and had my test 12/29, I continued to get worse with a peak around 12/31-1/1. My main complaints are congestion, cough, severe body ache, mild fever. ::sigh::  I'll live.  :)

On 1/2/2022 at 7:15 PM, bphlpt said:

Admittedly, I'm just as confused as you are jaclaz. (And the OP might be as well.) At first I was going to answer the OP with 

And I was going to provide a link showing how to install, or remove, language packs for Windows 10. Then I thought about it and seemed to remember that Home didn't allow language packs to be installed? And I thought I read somewhere that in order to install language packs that you had to upgrade Home to Pro first? This - https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-change-languages-windows-10/ - almost says that, but it makes a distinction between Home and Home Single Language.

Then I ran across the link I referenced above - https://windowsreport.com/download-install-windows-10-home-single-language/ - and figured that maybe I was wrong? Why would they reference a Single Language version if that was the only way that Home comes? As to its "advantages":

I'd be interested to hear from the OP what indeed were his motivations for wanting the "Single Language" version.

As to what any of this means to the conversion instructions, I have no idea and frankly don't care, because:

1) I have  no interest in any Home version of any MS OS
2) I have no interest in any version of Windows 10

Cheers and Regards

NOTE: Please excuse my current attitude. My son came down with COVID last week (mostly asymptomatic and he's doing fine and recovering well) and I just found out an hour ago that I have COVID as well - not so asymptomatic :( - so I really feel like crap. Oh well, it will get better.

ah so my motivation for using home single language is because I got my microsoft account linked to home single language and not home and i want genuine windows 10