Share your Microsoft Windows Vista Experience!

Win10-Hater

My Experience

external-content.duckduckgo_com.thumb.jpg.c598d57a63db98128e3539458806e011.jpg

My specs:

PC - HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU
8 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB Western Digital Blue HDD
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64

My experience with Vista: I started using Vista only about 14 Years ago and before that, I knew nothing about Vista, but I immediately fell in love with it. Now I use Vista on 2 of my computers, one being the Latitude and another desktop with:

Note I have a system that is running: Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 X64 and another Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 X64

Tell us your experience in comments + Good luck to everyone

Edited by Youssef Pro

• Tripredacus changed the title to Share your Microsoft Windows Vista Experience!

My specs:

PC - Early 2006 MacBook Pro 15 inch (MacBookPro1,1)

Intel Core Duo T2500 2.0Ghz CPU (32 bit)
2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 RAM
100 GB Apple-branded Fujitsu HDD
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 GPU with 256MB of VRAM
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x86 build 6002 (dual booted with OS X 10.6.8)

My Experience:
I first started using Vista in 2012 (Home Basic) and it was on an old Compaq Presario CQ60. At first I didn't like it since it was the Home Basic edition with a stripped-down Aero, and I wanted at least Home Premium or Ultimate, but it did run smooth. However, over the years I fell in love with the OS, mainly for the eye-candy looks and few other stuff.

9 years later, I now have the range-topping Vista Ultimate installed on my Early 2006 MacBook Pro that I got in August this year and it runs really smooth. I have fuly patched the OS till it's last update in April 2017 (I used offline updates)

I have Ultimate Extras installed on Vista, but I am not able to get DreamScene or the extra games (I only got the Ultimate Extras sound effects)  even though I see WIndows DreamScene update in the "View Installed Updates" in Control Panel :(

System_w1.png

System Information_t1.png