Share your Microsoft Windows Vista Experience!

Win10-Hater

9 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Vista is pretty good for me, but I don't think I'll do more experimenting with it until I get a "new" laptop.

I've seen fragmented bootup time though. On some installs it's as fast or faster than 7, and on other installs it takes 30+ seconds.

What do I have to do to reach such long boot times ? I've tried Vista on many systems , and it is usually like 5 - 16 seconds.

And that is on mechanical HDDs. WD Raptor , WD Black , etc . My friend runs Vista on Haswell and the boot time is 5 seconds.

Those 30+ seconds seems fair only for 2007 year laptops with slow HDDs. Also , I noticed Vista prefer WD and HGST over Seagate ,

just my to cents, from my experience.

9 minutes ago, Dixel said:

What do I have to do to reach such long boot times ? I've tried Vista on many systems , and it is usually like 5 - 16 seconds.

Don't know, it seems random that some installs take forever to boot up while others take 10 or less seconds, with the same hardware and drivers.

6 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Hi . Do you have any issues with D3D ? What driver ?

Not burd, but there are issues on Pascal with any known driver. The main issue is that FPS is cut in half, and there's no known fix so far.

3 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Not burd, but there are issues on Pascal with any known driver. The main issue is that FPS is cut in half, and there's no known fix so far.

Oh , thanks for the info , yet another reason to not purchase new cards from Nvidia . I decided to boycott them when they removed 16x and 32x CSAA for no apparent reason and without warnings. 

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

Oh , thanks for the info , yet another reason to not purchase new cards from Nvidia . I decided to boycott them when they removed 16x and 32x CSAA for no apparent reason and without warnings. 

Forgot those even existed, also, isn't that pretty overkill anyways?

yooo the first time I used windows vista..

I think it was in 2008 or 2009 on a fujitsu amilo li 2727

it had a pentium t2310

2gb of ram

160gb 5400rpm hdd

gma x3100 

windows vista home basic

It was awesomeee I  used it till 2013 or 2014 when there was a power shortage and that killed it sadly

I still have it but it needs a chipset replacement and a "new" plastic display cover 

I can run vista on my main pc

i7 3770; 8gb ram; 120gb ssd; 1tb hdd, gtx 1060 (i know the drivers aren't optimised for vista which sucks)

but I choose windows 10 because sometimes my mom uses it for browsing and internet banking 

6 hours ago, asdf2345 said:

Forgot those even existed, also, isn't that pretty overkill anyways?

No , those are good , esp. when running certain games, besides they are pretty popular among people who work with graphics , DDS and the such, take a look at first gen. Titan prices , still over 250 Euros for a card which is almost 8 y.o.

1 hour ago, TECHGEEK said:

And is Vista your main os with Win7 as an auxiliary os?

Well i dont know to be honest , it doesn't work much, so currently im using Windows 7 completely